Login

russian armor

Use of King Tiger

27 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM

So I have started playing more 2v2 and I usually try to save up for King Tiger to help attack. But I am finding that it is too expensive, slow, and ineffective to do anything. The best 2v2 strategy right now is spammed mass medium tank call-ins from the allies (E8s and T34/85s) which can run circles around the King Tiger. The King Tiger can't snipe because of its poor range and its turret rotation is atrociously slow.

Anyone have any good strategies with this tank? Is it just not worth it to make?
27 Jul 2014, 19:06 PM

The KT is a rallying post for your army. He's there to soak up damage and put the hurt on infantry while your other tanks engage in tank battles.

Rushing a KT is worthless, but getting one out in the super late game can be useful.
27 Jul 2014, 19:10 PM

Use the reverse move to rotate the tank's body and turret faster so you can usually keep it on a circling tank if you have the room.
27 Jul 2014, 19:40 PM

Kt is spearhead unit, use it as spearhead. Properly supported it slowly but surely forces allies off map. Only thing able to stop this kind of push is vetted b4/super arty strikes.

On its own kt is a waste of fuel.
27 Jul 2014, 22:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Use it only slightly more aggressively than you would an Elegant or ISU 152, screen it with shreks, pupchen or other tanks.

It's not a pre nerf Tiger Ace that can win by itself.
28 Jul 2014, 03:38 AM

Get it only when u see an is-2 or have a lot of resources float.As has been said its the pivot of ur army.Don't move too much and don't move too fast or forward.Slow,methodical and always supported by ideally ur allies medium armor..i always support my allies king tiger with pz 4s.Lacking that 2-3 volks shrecks squads at least.Raketen insufficient.
For medium panther is better with volks shreck.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★