Login

russian armor

It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!

PAGES (11)down
24 Jul 2014, 06:48 AM

Hi Noun it's good to have you back at least for some minutes! Are you in position to tell us what is going on? I mean is ANYTHING possible to happened further with CoH? Is there any straight answer to that? You know that a lot of people will pay for this if they had to. Please.

I made a straight questions to him about the future of the game and still no answer, I want to believe that he is busy and not that he ignored me.
24 Jul 2014, 09:49 AM

Noun has the authority to state facts about things which happened or thing which are on the go and planned for a community release.
He just can't answer to your questions about the future of coh. So I won't say that he is ignoring you, it's more like a silent "dunno".
24 Jul 2014, 11:44 AM

Noun could say something like: Ok guys, stop breaking my balls with coh1, we are focused on coh2 untill 2018...or: Ok, guys I will pass word about your concerns to the bosses, nothign is granted...

Imo any of those answers would be better than a "dunno" silence, which is diplomatic but not satisfactory at all.

pd: kickstarterd for CoH1 relaunch would be awesome, I would gladly pay a few bucks aswell.
24 Jul 2014, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 11:44 AMCyru$
Noun could say something like: Ok guys, stop breaking my balls with coh1, we are focused on coh2 untill 2018...or: Ok, guys I will pass word about your concerns to the bosses, nothign is granted...

Imo any of those answers would be better than a "dunno" silence, which is diplomatic but not satisfactory at all.

pd: kickstarterd for CoH1 relaunch would be awesome, I would gladly pay a few bucks aswell.

That is because a "dunno" silence is just bad community reach.
27 Jul 2014, 11:22 AM

i wish i had money so i could buy coh1 and and do small uppdates and relaunch the game and they would see how populair this game is.... =)
27 Jul 2014, 19:44 PM

i wish i had money so i could buy coh1 and and do small uppdates and relaunch the game and they would see how populair this game is.... =)

Yeah man i know that feeling,read comment #7 :)
This game still has great potential in it,maybe if we make a poll that we like an HD version and we are ready to pay for it(if we have a big number of yes) then they might think about it.I'm ready to pay for it!
28 Jul 2014, 12:44 PM
Patrion 14

Would be cool. :)

But tbh i think CoH1 needs more then a small Update to become a really good game. Don´t get me wrong, it´s already great and i played it for years but there are also thinks which i think are problematic.

This is what would make CoH a really good game:
- bug fix (obvious)
- add more good & balanced maps (the most aren´t that good at the moment)
- small balance adjustments regarding the US vs HW gameplay (snipers for example are way too dominant atm)
- OF Faction re design (PE is more or less ok but the british.. just boring to play and to play against)
28 Jul 2014, 13:55 PM

I wouldn´t want the current relic team to make a HD version to be honest, because you know its gonna be DLC commanders, broken design and abusive abilites...
28 Jul 2014, 15:03 PM

We are talking about an update that it will take up to 3 months or so.
Bug fixing,some units re-balance,3-4 more automatch maps,maybe some extra units 1 or 2 to each faction,or something like that!
I hope Smoking Gun is the one that can make this happen,they know the game very well and they respect the doctrines-gameplay-guess they will not try to make it like CoH2.
28 Jul 2014, 15:11 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Okay now I have to add my two cents:

First of all I found it a bit disturbing, that the Community Manager just responses to an irrelevant post instead of answering the main question: Does CoH1 have a future?

Second: I loved to play this game with my friends in Lobby, but this joy was taken till the move to Steam! Lobby-Levels (if other players here want to argue about playing Lobby or Compstomp pls don't try it I won't answer on any insults on this!) were a competition for us and we battled each other in order to reach the highest level! Alongside with the fun the pure playing brought to us the Levels were a motivation to keep us playing the game!

The conclusion is: If the Lobby would work entirely (Levels Statistics etc.) this would already attract a bunch of players and would help to let the franchise grow! Automatch should work also thats for sure. When both of your games would work in a proper way, the community and the competetive gaming scene would be much more attracted to the franchise and the fanbase would grow rapidely!

I think this is a chance you should not miss!!

FichtenMoped over and out!
28 Jul 2014, 15:30 PM

Okay now I have to add my two cents:

First of all I found it a bit disturbing, that the Community Manager just responses to an irrelevant post instead of answering the main question: Does CoH1 have a future?

Second: I loved to play this game with my friends in Lobby, but this joy was taken till the move to Steam! Lobby-Levels (if other players here want to argue about playing Lobby or Compstomp pls don't try it I won't answer on any insults on this!) were a competition for us and we battled each other in order to reach the highest level! Alongside with the fun the pure playing brought to us the Levels were a motivation to keep us playing the game!

The conclusion is: If the Lobby would work entirely (Levels Statistics etc.) this would already attract a bunch of players and would help to let the franchise grow! Automatch should work also thats for sure. When both of your games would work in a proper way, the community and the competetive gaming scene would be much more attracted to the franchise and the fanbase would grow rapidely!

I think this is a chance you should not miss!!

FichtenMoped over and out!

My friend, as you see everyone in this post is not trying to insult anyone. I count to the good manners of everyone to keep this at the same level!

I've send a PM to Noun(days before) if he had any news or something to state about this(future of CoH, HD version ,any new update)and he didn't answer as well.
I totally agree with you, CoH should be like it was before the transition to Steam,infact
the reason I start this was because they had promised this in the first place...

Statistics and levels is also something Vital for this game and is something that most of people taking very seriously and I can't blame them.
If we grow in numbers asking the same thing (and we are ready to pay for this update),they might think about it.

I say to pay because some profit out of it might change their minds.

A poll might be also very helpful for this.

[The question is simple are you willing to pay for further updates of CoH?]

If we reach 3000-4000 I don't know.. then this might change the picture.

28 Jul 2014, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 09:49 AMPepsi
Noun has the authority to state facts about things which happened or thing which are on the go and planned for a community release.
He just can't answer to your questions about the future of coh. So I won't say that he is ignoring you, it's more like a silent "dunno".

Pepsi you are right in this...however I can't believe that he can't say something to the staff of Relic(the ones that know) and then inform us!
Sorry for the sooo late answer..
28 Jul 2014, 16:13 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

My friend, as you see everyone in this post is not trying to insult anyone. I count to the good manners of everyone to keep this at the same level!

I've send a PM to Noun(days before) if he had any news or something to state about this(future of CoH, HD version ,any new update)and he didn't answer as well.
I totally agree with you, CoH should be like it was before the transition to Steam,infact
the reason I start this was because they had promised this in the first place...

Statistics and levels is also something Vital for this game and is something that most of people taking very seriously and I can't blame them.
If we grow in numbers asking the same thing (and we are ready to pay for this update),they might think about it.

I say to pay because some profit out of it might change their minds.

A poll might be also very helpful for this.

[The question is simple are you willing to pay for further updates of CoH?]

If we reach 3000-4000 I don't know.. then this might change the picture.

I didn't want to insult anyone either, but I experienced it, that people who play compstomp or lobby a lot, are blamed for this but I wanted to point out that this was a part of the game that was vital for the game :)

Most out of all the biggest problem is Relic's communication with the community (regarding both games)!
28 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2014, 12:44 PMFanatic
Would be cool. :)

This is what would make CoH a really good game:
- bug fix (obvious)
- add more good & balanced maps
- small balance adjustments
- OF Faction re design (PE is more or less ok but the british.. just boring to play and to play against)

Yup, also optionally redesign of a couple of TOV units.

Those are pretty straight forward obvious changes, for a 'HD' version.
28 Jul 2014, 18:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh from a business standpoint it seems silly to think about an hd version of a game this soon.
2 of 8 Relic postsRelic 28 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM

a) We're going to continue to support CoH. We spent a considerable amount of money to move it to the Steamworks and Battle Servers and we wouldn't have done that if we were just going to close it. We continue to sell the game and we continue to support it.

Support won't be as frequent as a new game, but we're keeping it alive and viable as long as people keep playing.

We have no plans for an HD remake. Most of what you're asking for was done as part of the move to the new servers. We think the graphics are strong and while maybe we could improve them a little it would likely not please everyone. You may want to spend another $40 to buy a new version of CoH but most of the current players wouldn't.

b) We have an update in the works that improves some of the technical issues that still exist. It's not going to fix everything, but it's forward motion. Look for that this week.
28 Jul 2014, 19:12 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2014, 18:17 PMNoun
a) We're going to continue to support CoH. We spent a considerable amount of money to move it to the Steamworks and Battle Servers and we wouldn't have done that if we were just going to close it. We continue to sell the game and we continue to support it.

Support won't be as frequent as a new game, but we're keeping it alive and viable as long as people keep playing.

We have no plans for an HD remake. Most of what you're asking for was done as part of the move to the new servers. We think the graphics are strong and while maybe we could improve them a little it would likely not please everyone. You may want to spend another $40 to buy a new version of CoH but most of the current players wouldn't.

b) We have an update in the works that improves some of the technical issues that still exist. It's not going to fix everything, but it's forward motion. Look for that this week.

Thank you Noun that was the Info I was looking for :)

Can you give any hints on the problems that will be fixed? :)
28 Jul 2014, 19:21 PM

3 of 8 Relic postsRelic 28 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM

Sure. The issues that should be addressed this week (if all goes well) are:

Apologies, this previous list was stuff that had been broken by the update that we fixed.

Here's the list of updates:

- Ghost Games
- Account Creation - like in CoH2
- Offline Mode

There's a few other minor things.
28 Jul 2014, 20:04 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The fixes the Elitemod should be included
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #