Login

russian armor

Japan/Late Soviet Union for CoH2 ?

raw
20 Jul 2014, 19:56 PM

why would you want japan when you can have this?

20 Jul 2014, 20:02 PM

Also please stop trying to make it seem like their best used armor was the Ha-Go. The Ha-Go was a light tank that wasn't designed to go against other tanks. It was their most used since it was the best for the small island battles where there where no real tank battles and maneuvering was difficult. It was much more like the stuart.

Japan's main medium tank was the Chi-Ha:

Which while not quite as good as allied equivalents, was able to penetrate most allied armor at reasonable ranges. Seeing these things go toe to toe with shermans and T-34s wouldn't be ridiculous.

This Thing is garbage. It doesnt even come Close to a T-34 or Sherman tank. It had 25mm front armour and a 47mm main gun..:foreveralone:

The Chi-Ha tank is a joke compared to a T-34.
20 Jul 2014, 20:12 PM

The famous japanese tanks that we are all hearing myths from Omega here about how super strong they were had a front armour like the soviets or US Scout cars.#

Japanese tank technics were 10 years behind USA or soviet Union. They were absolutely outdated.

Its a joke to add such an army with there 25mm front armor super heavy tanks go toe to toe against beasts like IS-2 or ISU-152.

You would Need 10000 Chi-Ha tanks to kill a single IS-2.people must be joking.
20 Jul 2014, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 20:02 PMAffe

This Thing is garbage. It doesnt even come Close to a T-34 or Sherman tank. It had 25mm front armour and a 47mm main gun..:foreveralone:

The Chi-Ha tank is a joke compared to a T-34.
And what good is that armor. Sherman and T34 can't deflect shit anyway. CHi-Ha would still get the same health and still be invulnerable to small arms. It's gun would still penetrate shermans and T-34s semi reliably and it will still be cheaper then both of them. Do you really think Relic wouldn't balance it at all.
20 Jul 2014, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 20:12 PMAffe
The famous japanese tanks that we are all hearing myths from Omega here about how super strong they were had a front armour like the soviets or US Scout cars.#

Japanese tank technics were 10 years behind USA or soviet Union. They were absolutely outdated.

Its a joke to add such an army with there 25mm front armor super heavy tanks go toe to toe against beasts like IS-2 or ISU-152.

You would Need 10000 Chi-Ha tanks to kill a single IS-2.people must be joking.
Who's talking about going toe-to-toe with heavy tanks. I'm talking about cheap fast tanks costing 80-85 fuel that can be spammed to hell and back fighting beside a fearsome infantry force that can cripple and leave large tanks vulnerable to being swarmed or taken out with call-ins. Not to mention heavy emplacement positions and great ambush capabilities.
20 Jul 2014, 20:21 PM

And what good is that armor. Sherman and T34 can't deflect shit anyway. CHi-Ha would still get the same health and still be invulnerable to small arms. It's gun would still penetrate shermans and T-34s semi reliably and it will still be cheaper then both of them. Do you really think Relic wouldn't balance it at all.

Panzer II "Luchs" is also cheaper than sherman or T-34 but he cant kill them........
Oh by the way Panzer II "Luchs" had 30mm front armor while epic CHi-Ha had only 25mm front armor. Even Germanys weakest and smallest tank the Panzer II is stronger than the strongest japanese tank........And Omega want to buff the Chi-Ha to go against IS-2, ISU-152 or Sherman easy eight and other Monster tanks......

CHi-Ha=25mm front armor=:foreveralone:
20 Jul 2014, 20:21 PM

Who's talking about going toe-to-toe with heavy tanks. I'm talking about cheap fast tanks costing 80-85 fuel that can be spammed to hell and back fighting beside a fearsome infantry force that can cripple and leave large tanks vulnerable to being swarmed or taken out with call-ins. Not to mention heavy emplacement positions and great ambush capabilities.

Oh, please, explain to me how well is that going for T-70 and Stuart, which are actually superior to that "medium tank" of japs.

Also, what fearsome infantry force? They didn't even had anything on pair with mauser or mosin nagat not to mention garand. They had their fanatism only.
20 Jul 2014, 20:26 PM

CHi-Ha=25mm front armor=:foreveralone:

Next ultimate japanese weapon:

THE ANT. It will spread fear and Terror against the allied Monster tanks....................
20 Jul 2014, 20:59 PM

Once again quoting history, while knowing nothing about their independent weapons and how they would translate in game. Seriously stop with the history discussion. By that equivalent I should get 20 T34s for ever P4 the german player builds.

No, I'm not going to stop quoting history. Why?

Because the Germans and Russians were at least comparatively matched. It was actually a question of who would win the war. By contrast, there was no question of who would win between Japan and the USA or Japan and Russia when it came to a ground war. There was no great battle on land where the tide was turned between those forces. There was no Stalingrad or Moscow equivalent. There wasn't even a back-and-forth like in North Africa, Ardennes or the Netherlands.

Likewise, there is simply no matching the equipment: Japan was simply outclassed on land. They managed to sweep colonial garrisons that basically had no armor, and then were themselves swept back when actual fighting forces came.

The game has a loose connection with history, it's true. But it still has a connection. Just how far should the suspension of disbelief be stretched for you? Hell, I don't even know why you're so hostile to the historical angle, since I gave you two scenarios where your wish could actually work.

But nobody wants to see Chi-Has go against IS2s. It's just laughable.
20 Jul 2014, 21:40 PM

Please no Japan. CoH is a game based on the European Theatre. I don't think I could bare seeing Japan versus USF on maps like Faymonville. I would love to see an expansion, maybe, or a whole stand alone game based on the Eastern Theatre, but not just with the addition of a new faction and some new maps added to what's already existing in CoH2.

20 Jul 2014, 22:58 PM

Please no Japan. CoH is a game based on the European Theatre. I don't think I could bare seeing Japan versus USF on maps like Faymonville. I would love to see an expansion, maybe, or a whole stand alone game based on the Eastern Theatre, but not just with the addition of a new faction and some new maps added to what's already existing in CoH2.

They wouldn't be able to anyway because of how horribly underpowered Japan would be against the Soviets or current Americans. Their best bet would have to be a standalone featuring the IJA and USMC or Commonwealth (Britain and Australia) in 1942.
21 Jul 2014, 14:24 PM

The Problem with Japan is not only there garbage weak tanks with paper thin armor but also terrible anti-tank weapons from Japan.It simply doesnt work. Japanese anti tank weapons were so weak that the allied tank crews laughed when they were hit by them.
21 Jul 2014, 15:34 PM

Guys please, dont start hate each other. It was a question and some people wants it, other dont.
Japanese is hard to add but its possible.
And why people talking about realistic in CoH2 ?
Do Tiger one hit t34 ?
Do Sov. have mass infantry and armor ?

You both has good arguments. Company wants money for their work and they wouldnt invest it in something what wouldnt sell well but do we know it ? I mean there offcourse people who want a variety of germans and USA or Soviets.
I think we already fine with a stand alone with Japanese and USA.
22 Jul 2014, 09:41 AM

Elite Siberian troops

vs Finland

That is what should have been added, just give them different camo depending on map
22 Jul 2014, 09:49 AM

I'd rather not hear SHAMEFUR DISPRAY over and over when my troops retreata nd they have to kill themselves
22 Jul 2014, 10:00 AM

Finnish accent is awesome
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment