Login

russian armor

Japan/Late Soviet Union for CoH2 ?

20 Jul 2014, 09:22 AM

After playing the game through, I got my doubts about it.
I dont want to start another flamer/hate thread about it. I think no one wants to hear same things over and over again.
Yes, campagne is fictional and has nothing to do with heroes...bla bla bla.

I still play the game only because of the multiplayer.
Sadly the developers only focuse at 1v1 and not on team battles like 4v4, what I cant understand since the 80% of community plays 3v3 and 4v4.

After play a long time pvp and reading the stuff in the forums here I think I was right that the faction Soviets get hard hited in the face with the faction build.
If it was on purpose or accidentally I dont know.
And after such long time there still players finds complains about something.

Undecided its balance/the campagne or even the people itself.

In my view, mostly people who like to plays Sov. or a russian ( Pls dont shitstorm me, Its how I see it ) has a anger or hate the company what they did.

Like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

So I thought about a suggestion.
Since USA and OKW are add to this game, it is possibel to add Japanese and Sov. late faction ?

Why I thought about it, if the company will do it, it will show that they arnt german fanboys.
To bring them the "Liberation" during China and Kora what these people wants would be a good excuse for the campagne.

My personal wish it just to play Japanese, like in the CoH mod what isnt finished ><
Its not like that CoH2 need it, but with this the company should be done enought to appease every sov. and ger. fanboy.
20 Jul 2014, 09:25 AM

That BadComedian video is possibly the worst informed and rationalized piece of tripe on the internet.

Just sayin'.

Regardless, the Japaneese army would fit poorly into CoH2 meta. Defensive ambush tactics, poor technological advancements in the form of guns and vehicles, an army that had he majority of its military strength in a navy anyway. Not a good fit.

Plus, we already have a Russian army, why would we need two?
20 Jul 2014, 09:40 AM

Japan is not a very interesting faction for me. They had terrible weak and outdated light tanks and there infantry had generally mostly terrible Equipment.

Even european WW 1 armys had better Equipment.

Japan has focused everything on there navy and airforce thats why there land army was poorly equipped.

Because of Japans poor equippment they had very high losses when fightning against the much, much better equipped US army or soviet Union:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philipp...944%E2%80%9345)
Philippines Campaign (1944–45):
USA losses: 14,000 killed,
Imperial Japanese Army losses: 336,000 killed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Iwo_Jima
Battle of Iwo Jima:
USA losses: 6,821 killed
Imperial Japanese Army losses: 18,844 killed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okinawa
Battle of Okinawa:
USA losses: More than 12,000 killed
Imperial Japanese Army losses: More than 110,000 killed

--------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Manchuria
Soviet invasion of Manchuria
Soviet losses: 9,726
Imperial Japanese Army losses: 83,737

CoH2 is full of very strong tanks and vehicles and i feel that Japan doesnt fit in very well there.

20 Jul 2014, 10:57 AM

I agree that some parts of the Soviet design do not feel Soviet. This is purely names, looks and such. I really like their tier structure and gameplay. There are some doctrines and units that feel great though. ISU-152, B-4 Howitzer, ... yet some other parts (Conscripts, Maxim, ...) are just weird. Not sure if a late SU faction would fit, as the normal one already covers that topic to a great degree. I think that would just cause too much overlap.

Regarding a Japanese faction - I think it could be problematic. Their tanks were great for their tasks - Fighting in jungles or landscape unsuitable for most vehicles. Yet putting such tanks on an European battlefield vs the tanks there would not work. Compared to those they are super light and heavily undergunned. It was simply never something they were designed for. This could mean that the faction becomes a bit weird - lots of infantry, light vehicles and light/medium tanks, but nothing heavy at all. This is something that quite a few people dislike about the USF faction and those at least have some pretty nice medium tanks ;)

The review of BadComedian is just blatantly false in many parts, but that's how many such reviews are. Exaggeration gives views. Campaign was bad, but that video is just as onesided ;)
20 Jul 2014, 11:27 AM

Ah, I see your point guys. But even Japan has strong tanks like Chi-to but the facts that their army was very weak it wouldnt fit to the CoH2 European genre right now.
Like Milka said it,lots of infantry, light vehicles and light/medium tanks and that without mass ability like for sov. aswell.

I suggested Sov.late faction as a alternative or counterpart to OKW.
Right now Sov. dont feel as Sov.
Ofcourse, its has always to do with balance but like for Germany, which has Whermacht (Early) and OKW(late) war period.

You know, I play both of them but I rather more Axis when I need to choose (Wehr and OKW) not because they really strong in team games, its their various possibility to counter infantry or tanks with various units.
In my view Sov. lack in this. Thats why the suggestion ^^
Dont know about US, didnt played much with them.
20 Jul 2014, 11:29 AM

What badcomedian said was mostly right. Sure there was a few things I disagree with however the campaign was mostly pure nonsense and was an insult to everyone who fought in ww2
20 Jul 2014, 11:41 AM

Anyone played Japan in RUSE? Have you seen their tanks there? they are gutten, why would them not be introduced here?
20 Jul 2014, 12:06 PM

Anyone played Japan in RUSE? Have you seen their tanks there? they are gutten, why would them not be introduced here?

Because relic, whilst including some very limited production models, never includes total hypothetical blueprint or single prototype tanks.

That's what all the big RUSE japaneese tanks are.
20 Jul 2014, 12:18 PM

I don´t know whether I get the OPs request right, but the current Russian faction is the late war Russian army.

You get IS-2 late models, T-34/85s, ISU-152s - all stuff introduced in 1944.

The only thing that´s missing imo are SU-100 and ISU-122. Stuff that should be introduced in a doctrine.
20 Jul 2014, 12:38 PM

I think Relic lazy assholes COH 1 - two Germans, two COH 2 - two Germans.
Instead OKW had to be Japanese.
20 Jul 2014, 12:43 PM

I don´t know whether I get the OPs request right, but the current Russian faction is the late war Russian army.

You get IS-2 late models, T-34/85s, ISU-152s - all stuff introduced in 1944.

The only thing that´s missing imo are SU-100 and ISU-122. Stuff that should be introduced in a doctrine.

Or having the ability to swap these units. I mean you choose to use SU-85 or a pricy Su-100 before the battle. It worked in CoH 1 ToV and we wouldn't get more retarded commanders. Also it would more diverse.
20 Jul 2014, 12:45 PM

I dont know. For me their more like early war periode russians.
Yes, they got IS2 like t34/85 but comes only in doctrine with high costs...but thats more balance stuff.

Its more their infantry blob what I dont like or cant find how to compare it with the axis.
Axis has early good trained inantry (wher) and late elite tough infantry and armor (OKW)

Russians more like early,unorganized weak, no mass army. Like it was during the 41-42,maybe even 43 if you want.
Thats why I thought to give them more toughness or something special.
When I play pvp its always 70% searching as axis and 30 as Sov. Sometimes it goes even to 90% to 10%.

I really like axis in this game, with both wehr and OKW they pretty feels like germans during ww2. (Only gaming, nothing else)
Russia...meh.

Just a note, if it would comes a DLC for COH2 like "alternative" history, I would buy it.
To see stuff like IS3 or Maus, jets or other devised stuff that ever existet like mechs for sov.
Yes, it might not match to the regular CoH genre but its for fun. And I like always something like that.

Thats how I like the Obersoldiers and their Upgrade^^
Like Jin-Roh soldiers.
20 Jul 2014, 12:45 PM

Or having the ability to swap these units. I mean you choose to use SU-85 or a pricy Su-100 before the battle. It worked in CoH 1 ToV and we wouldn't get more retarded commanders. Also it would more diverse.

And su85 was never seen again, lol
20 Jul 2014, 12:51 PM

And su85 was never seen again, lol

Both should have disadvantages and advantages; the choice depends on playstyle and not which is better.

It could work IMO, less commanders and call-in bs.
20 Jul 2014, 13:52 PM

In R.U.S.E. the japanese faction was full of science fiction tanks which never existed in reality or only on paper.
20 Jul 2014, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 13:52 PMAffe

In R.U.S.E. the japanese faction was full of science fiction tanks which never existed in reality or only on paper.

Same for Men of War. Playing Japanese in MoW is still a lot of fun because the tiny tanks can still mess up a lot of expensive equipment, simply by good flanking and low cost. But after a while they'd really get stomped if they didn't have prototype tanks that are somewhere between Panther and Tiger in design and strength. They also have a few units that are basically copies of German weapons, like a 88 Flak.
20 Jul 2014, 14:08 PM

Im moderating Company of Heroes 2 group in russian social сommunity (vkontakte) - most of the russians use to play soviets and they really disliked the balance before global tank patch where soviet armor where buffed, and after addition is-2, after that buff russians really like the balance (i know it for sure because im always read those balance discussions)
20 Jul 2014, 14:35 PM

Japan can work. They would be no worse off then the current american faction. Anyone who says any different is just one of the many germanophiles who wants to convince relic to put in yet another German faction.
20 Jul 2014, 14:38 PM

Commonwealth and other allied nations vs Other axis nations with some german support would be better.
20 Jul 2014, 18:11 PM

Japan can work. They would be no worse off then the current american faction. Anyone who says any different is just one of the many germanophiles who wants to convince relic to put in yet another German faction.

Tell me again how you plan to beat this

with this

How is an army designed around light tanks with a couple inferior medium tanks, supposed to stand up to an army based around excellent medium tanks and some heavy tanks?

Besides, the IJA was heavily into defense and ambushes. Who wants to play against a faction who's main infantry can plant (non-crit) AT mines as a way to make up for their lack of real Tanks? Or gets ambush bonuses for hiding in cover, because that's how the Japanese fought, they ambushed you from the trees and bushes. What about units they spawn out of forests and hedgerows because they had tunnels in there, or they were hiding there all along?

You said "They would be no worse off then the current american faction", but that's not true. They didn't field any equivalent to the M4 Sherman Tank, and they didn't have any equivalent to the M36 Jackson. Imagine if US Armour stopped at the M5 Stuart, and they tried to compensate in other ways?

Insane surprise and versatility bonuses would need to be given to make up for the complete lack of any armour that could go toe-to-toe with what the Soviets or Americans are fielding.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 8
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment