Login

russian armor

Yet Another Commander and Bulletin thread

19 Jul 2014, 12:00 PM

since this forum is all about complaining about the war spoil and commander system recently, i make yet another post about that stuff:

what wins you games? i tell you: mind, strategy and tactics. the commanders are neither pay2win nor an i-win button. i play this ghame since beta and tackled a lot of stuff (e.g. the pio-terminator phase), however ive NEVER seen ANY commander i couldnt beat with some thinking. i see elite troops: i get some more at guns. i see the opel blitz tiger doc: i get some AA trucks... i see someone goes ISU doc: i build anti inf stuff and tech to elefant or panther

the bulletins barely make any difference. why is everyone so keen on them? the only thing they to do to me is telling me what my opponent will build. and the commanders...jesus christ this game isnt about grinding. what will you do with your extra commanders? as much as i m informed there is no commander with the "get 10 000 Muni and Fuel" ability which could win for you. I m using the same set of commanders which the game came out with and they offer enough to complement my tactics.

the forum reactions however show me how superficial people are. complaining that you have to gind...i mean wtf... nobody forces you to grind... try to get more used to the core mechanics and improve your macro and build orders.
19 Jul 2014, 12:02 PM

Ok, but why do you spam this thread...?
19 Jul 2014, 17:26 PM

The right bulletins at the right time make a difference. Tripling volks bulletins, for example, will lead to OKW having a slightly better early game that allows them to get their trucks in a slightly better position, that leads to subtle lasting advantages

-from a chess player's perspective

Commanders heavily influence the strategy one uses. Rifle company, for example, allows a slightly better USA early game, that leads to a slightly larger manpower drain for OKW and a slightly worse truck position for OKW. This also leads to lasting advantages. Mech company scales into the late game a little better and is potentially dangerous on the right map with it's jeep.

Airborne, infantry, and armor company offer nothing of value until 2 CP, after all the early game fighting is decided.

Fortification and Luftwaffe offer 1CP in the form of the mg34, which is useful against a strong riflespam. But they aren't the same commander, and one could easily be in a catch 22 where they only have Luft, Spearhead, and Spec Ops, and the map favors fortification style gameplay but they are forced to go with Luftwaffe for the mg34
19 Jul 2014, 18:23 PM

I noticed a biiig problem. You have 2 starting bulletins for Volks/Rifleman. But every OKW player only builds one Volks, while US build tons of Rifleman.
19 Jul 2014, 19:40 PM

I noticed a biiig problem. You have 2 starting bulletins for Volks/Rifleman. But every OKW player only builds one Volks, while US build tons of Rifleman.

Yeah this too. Faction dependent, early bulletins might be too spread out

Think about it. One guy has triple bulletin rifles which allows him to bully sturmpios a little. The bulletin effect might be small individually and might only have a real effect on a few fights, but it causes a butterfly effect that resonates through the game. Now instead of the USF player attacking the OKW player, as it should be in the meta game (with intermittent counter attacks of course), it turns into a seesaw battle that the USF is gonna win

Sure, there's ways to play around that, but at the expense of micro, which segways into another debate about how microbalanced the factions are
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★