Login

russian armor

State of the balance according to Imperial Dane

• This thread is locked
PAGES (16)down
22 Jul 2014, 21:00 PM

People keeping bringing up the small arc of the maxim...the problem with the maxim is the ease of spamming them and sweeping around the map, having firing-arc overlap to the point where flanking is either not possible or requires you to circumvent a large portion of the map...and guess what...even if you get the jump on a maxim herd, there is always enough time for the Soviet player to position the herd facing every possible direction and eventually forcing your flanking units to retreat.

1 or 2 maxims spread across the map never was/will be an issue.
22 Jul 2014, 21:03 PM

Did you just compare Dane to Hitler? :S

Not really.

I merely pointed out that because someone is popular, doesn't mean he is right.
22 Jul 2014, 21:14 PM

I agree, Maxim spam really isn't an issue in 1 vs 1 games. 2 vs 2 and above, it really depends on the map. I don't like the unit. I don't like the concept of it. I think it needs a major change.

Relic will probably over nerf it and soviet early game will consist of con spam again. A lot of people will say the maxim is fine, and team games shouldn't be taken seriously. But majority of the player base play 2 vs 2 and experience this pain. Worst of all, if you don't maxim spam against okw then you're basically screwed.

Just another example why Soviets were poorly designed in the first place.
22 Jul 2014, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 20:53 PMDucati

Your better than that Ivan.

Both of you have lots of game experience. Neither of you have (as far as we know) are professionals in the gaming industry. Other than your self proclamations, how is his opinion less valuable/more "
wrong/more correct" than your opinion?

If you disagree with him, how about laying down some counter points, back it with game clips and stats? Show us why he's misguided and drawn false conclusions. IMHO its extremely immature, to use a low effort, backhanded video clip to attempt to increase your own credibility, by stepping on Dane.

I have nothing against Dane, in fact I enjoy watching Dane's casts. However, his opinion on balance after reading several of his statements/opinions gave off to me a huge case of the fanboi. Not to say he is exactly(even though he's admitted to being one several times while streaming). I'd be glad to lay down several facts and statistics proving him wrong since you requested it, but I have, as I always do in the past respond with facts,an objective opinion, and an open mind on certain balance qwerks. Though I do get annoyed when the obvious(and yes there are still a couple on this very forum) fanboi comes down and completely derails the thread with super radical or completely biased statements that make me want to cringe every time I hear or read them. Cruzz can also back me up on Dane's balance critique.
22 Jul 2014, 21:15 PM

^^ Cruzz should make a video. It would be more accurate.
22 Jul 2014, 21:20 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 21:14 PMVonIvan

I have nothing against Dane, in fact I enjoy watching Dane's casts. However, his opinion on balance after reading several of his statements/opinions gave off to me a huge case of the fanboi. Not to say he is exactly(even though he's admitted to being one several times while streaming). I'd be glad to lay down several facts and statistics proving him wrong since you requested it, but I have, as I always do in the past respond with facts,an objective opinion, and an open mind on certain balance qwerks. Though I do get annoyed when the obvious(and yes there are still a couple on this very forum) fanboi comes down and completely derails the thread with super radical or completely biased statements that make me want to cringe every time I hear or read them. Cruzz can also back me up on Dane's balance critique.

YOU ARE CALLING DANE BIASED. What a laugh

You have over 4:1 ratio of playing soviets vs OH and over 10 to 1 Playing US to OKW.

The only thing that makes me cringe is how you say Dane is afanbooi when you are playing 10 times as much allies and axis.

Yeah im sure Dane is biased.

/sarcasm

The funny thing is you have only 75% win rate as axis as opposed to 90% as allies. THEN, you are saying the game is balanced yet your own statistics bite you in the arse.

Stick to your easy mode.

22 Jul 2014, 21:28 PM

Being known doesn't mean you're objective...

Dane do have a history of saying that batshit OP things on Wehr side are fine and balanced or even too weak(old tiger ace? old elephant? old pin plane(but you can get T3 and quad!) just to name a few).

Dane isn't a balance or objectiveness guru.

If you want that, Cruzz stands there, by the wall, laughing hard at you.
22 Jul 2014, 21:29 PM

For those wanting more information about Dane's (quite obvious) bias:

[I'd like to preface this by once again saying that I respect Dane as a person, player, and caster - just not when it comes to balance]

*He said that the old 100 range Elefant was "useless."

*He thought that the old Tiger Ace was fine.

*During the Alpha, when OKW was beyond batshit overpowered (Sturms that beat everything at every range, Luchs that was about 3x as good as it is now that came at ~5 mins, Obers that dealt FULL damage against retreating squads AND suppressed everything in sight, blah blah) - Dane wanted OKW to be buffed.

*He continues to claim that the Su85 is the best TD in the game and that Soviet T4 is viable (pretty obvious that Soviet T4 sucked in 1v1 the past couple patches) yet says the Jp4 is bad? For those that don't know the Jp4 has better stats than the Su85.

Anyways, Dane is (in my opinion) a really valuable member of the community. Some of his suggestions/ideas are spot on but his thoughts come from an extremely deep pro-OKW/Ostheer bias. To blindly take his word for truth/fact is foolish and ignorant. He is, frankly, one of the most biased members of the community.

edit: Rofl at VetLol trying to call out Ivan's playercard. How about before taking a stab at one of the best players in the game, you show your own card?
22 Jul 2014, 21:32 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 21:29 PMCieZ
For those wanting more information about Dane's (quite obvious) bias:

[I'd like to preface this by once again saying that I respect Dane as a person, player, and caster - just not when it comes to balance]

*He said that the old 100 range Elefant was "useless."

*He thought that the old Tiger Ace was fine.

*During the Alpha, when OKW was beyond batshit overpowered (Sturms that beat everything at every range, Luchs that was about 3x as good as it is now that came at ~5 mins, Obers that dealt FULL damage against retreating squads AND suppressed everything in sight, blah blah) - Dane wanted OKW to be buffed.

*He continues to claim that the Su85 is the best TD in the game and that Soviet T4 is viable (pretty obvious that Soviet T4 sucked in 1v1 the past couple patches) yet says the Jp4 is bad? For those that don't know the Jp4 has better stats than the Su85.

Anyways, Dane is (in my opinion) a really valuable member of the community. Some of his suggestions/ideas are spot on but his thoughts come from an extremely deep pro-OKW/Ostheer bias. To blindly take his word for truth/fact is foolish and ignorant. He is, frankly, one of the most biased members of the community.

edit: Rofl at VetLol trying to call out Ivan's playercard. How about before taking a stab at one of the best players in the game, you show your own card?

You really think im going to post my player card so i can be targetted in game for replays etc. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Im in the top 200 thats all you need to know.

And im sure my rank would be higher if i was a soviet and US blobbing easy mode noob.
22 Jul 2014, 21:39 PM

You really think im going to post my player card so i can be targetted in game for replays etc. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Im in the top 200 thats all you need to know.

And im sure my rank would be higher if i was a soviet and US blobbing easy mode noob.

No, you are not. You are just a baddy.
22 Jul 2014, 21:39 PM

So why isn't he banned yet. Nullist, our lord and saviour, was banned for baiting. But atleast he was good at it. Vetlolcake is using worms as bait, it's too obvious.
22 Jul 2014, 21:42 PM

Lel.

Somehow I don't believe you...
22 Jul 2014, 21:42 PM

Faced EASY EIGHT as OKW multiple times today...its absolutely ridiculous.I basically have nothing to counter 2-3 of these.2 of these will easily beat a panther and 2 or more are always there by the time u can actually use panther.Dominates infantry,laughs at raketenwerfer.Just E8 spam can totally shut down OKW lategame,no chance u can keep up against this flood of medium armor.He's always got way more armor than u can ever dream off and u balancers-the raketen is near useless and volks doesn't cut.And the cherry on the cake -its comes with double vet rifle.Though this is more of a nightmare for ostheer players.
22 Jul 2014, 21:50 PM

No, Easy eight is fine. You obviously are not stacking 5 mines on top of each other to take them out without using units. L2P.
22 Jul 2014, 21:55 PM

No, Easy eight is fine. You obviously are not stacking 5 mines on top of each other to take them out without using units. L2P.

Sarcasm or what?How do u keep up with easy eight spam lategame as OKW?U don't..and u lose.
22 Jul 2014, 21:55 PM

Permanently Banned

Sarcasm or what?How do u keep up with easy eight spam lategame as OKW?U don't..and u lose.

He was being sarcastic lol.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight