Login

russian armor

Hello, glad to be with ya!

23 Mar 2013, 20:30 PM

Hello everyone,

First off thank you for having such a great site up and running for company of heroes.

I first got company of heroes in the recent THQ bundle and have fallen in love with it. I am normally terrible at RTS games, as parallel processing is not my forte, however I found the smaller scale battles and options of the game to be very manageable and enjoyable.

So far I have a lot of experience with skirmishes, usually on hard mode, but not too much in the way of real games. My current rank for 1v1 is but a dismal 3, playing my favorite faction the Wehrmacht. I am mainly waiting for CoH2 to be released for a more active lower level playing base. In spite of my low rank I love looking over and trying out new strats posted around the web along with watching live streams.

I guess my only question regarding the game and community at this point is with the current state of automatch. I do not have many games under my belt because I keep reading about people using smurf accounts and keep getting this bad feeling that the chances of meeting an opponent of my actual skill level will be small, resulting in me just getting thrashed to the point of not learning anything from the loss. This anxiety is more for 1v1 matches, however in 2v2 automatch seems to throw you into the mix with very high ranked players making you feel like a burden instead of an asset. An example being pitted against dual rank 2 players as a rank 1 in 2v2 myself. Despite this however, I enjoy the scale and tactics of 2v2 battles more so than 1v1 where I am almost too nervous to hit the battle button. Any help in regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to staying active with everyone, love the forum, love the game.

23 Mar 2013, 21:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hey, thanks for the kind words and welcome to COH2.ORG! :) I can tell you that I still have problems playing 1vs1 myself (even after achieving the 1st position in 2vs2 as Americans :P) so I know exactly how you feel. Just play with your friends at the start and try approaching ranked games as a way to improve yourself and having fun (my friend Sepha gave me this lesson) instead of trying to win at all costs. It may sounds cheap but it's really hard to really do it and if you get to the point where you care more about learning something (what you did good, what you did bad) instead of just the game result your anxiety will slowly go away :)
23 Mar 2013, 21:13 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Yeah the state of automatch is a bit messy at the moment. You just have to know what you're in for and accept it for what it is.

Welcome to the site.
23 Mar 2013, 22:59 PM

Welcome! ... now go pio-spam someone.

Yeah the state of automatch is a bit messy at the moment. You just have to know what you're in for and accept it for what it is.

Welcome to the site.

Mh, I wonder what state it'll be in after the Steamworks-transition.
23 Mar 2013, 23:24 PM

Hey, thanks for the kind words and welcome to COH2.ORG! :) I can tell you that I still have problems playing 1vs1 myself (even after achieving the 1st position in 2vs2 as Americans :P) so I know exactly how you feel. Just play with your friends at the start and try approaching ranked games as a way to improve yourself and having fun (my friend Sepha gave me this lesson) instead of trying to win at all costs. It may sounds cheap but it's really hard to really do it and if you get to the point where you care more about learning something (what you did good, what you did bad) instead of just the game result your anxiety will slowly go away :)

What's odd is that I feel no anxiety in 2v2 matches, however I am currently stuck doing random teams due to my friends list being 0 people. In regards to getting over that anxiety that is great advice, I would love to just enjoy the match and learn from losses before CoH2 comes out so I can truly enjoy the game. I just need to get this Win/Loss ratio crap out of my head and understand it does not matter (for the most part).

In regards to pio-spamming someone I find it much more elegant to SSSSS :)
24 Mar 2013, 08:59 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 639
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %