Login

russian armor

Relic trying to save War Spoil with Free Commander Rotation

PAGES (7)down
16 Jul 2014, 14:36 PM

I like free commanders, I like free stuff (war Spoils)

But when they release the OWK commander with the 10 man squad of Nazi Zombies and the USF Commander with the Monster Truck flame half-track...I would like to buy those ASAP rather than wait

:)
16 Jul 2014, 15:44 PM

Current war spoils system is best handled by running afk compstomps. This simply cannot be a desirable outcome.

16 Jul 2014, 16:27 PM

I'm not sure what question you are asking Sluzbenik.

The new OKW and US forces commanders; commanders like Rifle Company, Mechanized Company, Fortification Doctrine, Scavenge Doctrine, etc. are not for sale currently.

Will the commanders who are on rotation go on sale? Each rotation? I have no idea. We'll have to see.

edit:

It's interesting to me that they say that the "Free Commander Rotation" is temporary. Are they referring to the current rotation? Are they referring to the entire system? Will they rotate commanders for a few months and then shut the entire thing down? I must admit I am a little confused about this new feature.

^ THIS is the inherent problem.

If the ONLY way to get game changing mechanics (Commanders) is by PURE luck - the system is broken.

You can't BUY them - you can't TRADE for them - you can't EARN them.

Basically one could buy this game and NEVER have a certain commander even if they were willing to sell a kidney to pay for it - it's ALL RNG.

The temporary Commander rotation does nothing to address it - it may even make the problem worse in that it provides players a temporary opportunity to a commander that's ONLY accessible via RNG - so to let them play it for a week - then leave a bitter taste when its taken away AND the ONLY way to get that Commander is by PURE LUCK - it'd just end in disappointment.

If people here on the "Relic can do no wrong and you're all a bunch of ungrateful/L2P noobs" band wagon can't see that's a broken system - there's no point discussing it any further.

War spoils based on RNG grinding should be limited to cosmetics.

Commanders should be rank locked or purchasable.

Duplicates should be tradeable.

EVERYBODY wins.
16 Jul 2014, 16:40 PM

CoH2 community in a nutshell.

Commanders only paid for? Complain and say it's pay 2 win.
Unlockable commanders via playing? Complain that there are duplicates and drop rate is too low.
Unlockable commanders via playing + random rotation? Complain and say that this is even worse than just unlockable commanders.

Never happy I unless you get exactly what you want, right? If you want 1000$ and someone on the street donates you 999$ you gonna complain to him that it isn't 1k, rite? D:

aw ok so i pay fullprice for a game just to reckonize that you cant play competetive 1v1's 2v2`s becuse of lacking(absurd amount of grind/p2w) commander? this is not a f... f2p game..
raw
16 Jul 2014, 16:40 PM

I have 3x Soviet Incindiary Victory Strike. This is why WS fails.
16 Jul 2014, 17:31 PM

Crafting and trading would solve a lot of issues too.

I still dont get why you cant simply buy the commanders, whats the problem of having both systems working togheter?

Dont want to pay? Then play until it eventually drops for free.

Dont want to wait till the RNG gods bless you? Just pay for it.

This + crafting and trading would make for a perfect system IMO.
16 Jul 2014, 17:44 PM
Patrion 14

Crafting and trading would solve a lot of issues too.

I still dont get why you cant simply buy the commanders, whats the problem of having both systems working togheter?

Dont want to pay? Then play until it eventually drops for free.

Dont want to wait till the RNG gods bless you? Just pay for it.

This + crafting and trading would make for a perfect system IMO.

This.

I just don't have the time to grind and I want the commanders. For fuck's sake, the Pay2Win whiner's got their way and still they bitch? I suppose they've got nothing else to do while their puters and comp stomping.
16 Jul 2014, 18:05 PM

Just let us BUY the content we want, is that so hard!?!?
16 Jul 2014, 18:11 PM

we need something to happen. getting sick of seeing people who have no hours, cannot even micro their vetted rifles or power wagons, using commanders i have no chance in hell of getting because i am an unlucky person. despite the fact i have played wf 20 more hours a week than they do. to top it all off the people you do get that have rifle company, power wagon, double pz4, and are good players, are making it look like the commanders are OP as fuck. despite the arrival of us and okw, that 40 hours a week i put into coh2 is going to go down allot, as i just unlocked deagle44 in bf4 and new maps. unlike coh2 where i cannot grind(ie killing one type of unit with a certain one) or have a set list to unlock items, it is actually fun to do the assignments in bf4. plus you know i want to enjoy playing/doing other things than coh2. putting my comp on playing ai is just stupid and wears it out.

i would pay to unlock commanders. the problem is, then, balance. we will be back to p2w commanders because the people who won't pay won't have them because the system won't award them with playing the war turds grind. and yes, it will be pay to win even with war turds because relic refuses to test commanders before release.

as far as doubles i hate skins and faceplates, although, i wouldn't mind double tiger armor/pen bulletins.
16 Jul 2014, 18:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is the problem of a faulty early design (commanders).
But complaining about something they are doing correctly, this rotation, because we still have a new system which needs polishing, is amusing.

Fix:
-All WFA (6 rare) commanders are released for those who bought the expansion.
-Future commanders can be bought or unlocked for free

Now here is where it get´s tricky and it seems we are stuck now.
1-Do we want trading system?
2-Do we want crafting system?
3-We want both?
If 1&2 are false: remove duplicates. Add either new bulletins or decrease the time of drops to make up for the faster unlocking of new things.
16 Jul 2014, 18:56 PM

I think this is a nice solution, but they really should have every commander available to purchase as well. If I really, really want to get Scavenger Tactics for OKW for example, I should be able to pay $4 or whatever to play it rather than cross my fingers every game.

On the other hand, if I just want to use the basic commanders then this system is a really nice bonus where I might unlock something fun and new to try out as well.

They really should have both optiosn available, I can't understand why they wouldn't make the new commanders purchasable, they have nothing to lose and micro-transactions to gain.
16 Jul 2014, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 18:56 PMMadeMan
I think this is a nice solution, but they really should have every commander available to purchase as well. If I really, really want to get Scavenger Tactics for OKW for example, I should be able to pay $4 or whatever to play it rather than cross my fingers every game.

On the other hand, if I just want to use the basic commanders then this system is a really nice bonus where I might unlock something fun and new to try out as well.

They really should have both optiosn available, I can't understand why they wouldn't make the new commanders purchasable, they have nothing to lose and micro-transactions to gain.

i agree, but, like i said, because relic refuses to test commanders before release on a large scale then it will just turn back into p2w whiners. it they were balanced when released they would no longer be p2w.
16 Jul 2014, 20:13 PM

i agree, but, like i said, because relic refuses to test commanders before release on a large scale then it will just turn back into p2w whiners. it they were balanced when released they would no longer be p2w.

To avoid the "P2W"/"Paywall" crowd - the Commanders MUST be EARNABLE in game - and no - a random luck generated event isn't "earnable".

You reach a certain rank/prestige - there's your reward.

You don't want to wait/earn it? Oh - then that's $3.99.

DONE.

Relic gets it's DLC fix (that for some reason they can't seem to fathom is as popular as the plague with their gaming community) AND Players get a CHOICE in how they get WHAT THEY WANT.

COH2 amazes me in how it doesn't give the player a choice in many facets - this current DLC policy is the epitome of forcing a one way decision on their player base....again.
raw
16 Jul 2014, 20:16 PM

I wish a thread about fundamental game design issues, such as over the top lethality, irrelevancy of cover, overkill-units, pathing issues etc.. would become two threads and end on page 6 each.

But I guess lolspoils are good enough for that.
16 Jul 2014, 20:16 PM

I was under the impression they were tested in Betas before release?

In any event, it's hard to balance things like that, I don't blame Relic entirely. Introducing a new commander has so many elements that it's tough to get it right straight away. Not all are overpowered too, my understanding is that Urban Defence Tactics has always been poo (this is the one Soviet commander I actually bought because it looked fun though. I've had mixed success, but overall I only use it when I want to play something wacky)
16 Jul 2014, 20:31 PM

To avoid the "P2W"/"Paywall" crowd - the Commanders MUST be EARNABLE in game - and no - a random luck generated event isn't "earnable".

You reach a certain rank/prestige - there's your reward.

You don't want to wait/earn it? Oh - then that's $3.99.

DONE.

Relic gets it's DLC fix (that for some reason they can't seem to fathom is as popular as the plague with their gaming community) AND Players get a CHOICE in how they get WHAT THEY WANT.

COH2 amazes me in how it doesn't give the player a choice in many facets - this current DLC policy is the epitome of forcing a one way decision on their player base....again.

Almost any suggestion here would be better than the current system. I think it takes more hours to find a commander than it took to find a legendary item on early Diablo 3 days, thats how bad it is right now. Add the fact that most commanders are absolute crap and you have this massive frustration scenario.

The p2w whiners are usually the same ones that always said they would be glad to pay a monthly fee so Relic could keep the game balanced and have dedicated servers, they will always complain no matter what.

16 Jul 2014, 20:43 PM

CoH2 community in a nutshell.

Commanders only paid for? Complain and say it's pay 2 win.
Unlockable commanders via playing? Complain that there are duplicates and drop rate is too low.
Unlockable commanders via playing + random rotation? Complain and say that this is even worse than just unlockable commanders.

Never happy I unless you get exactly what you want, right? If you want 1000$ and someone on the street donates you 999$ you gonna complain to him that it isn't 1k, rite? D:

It's almost like there's more than one person!

And yeah, seriously, I know it's annoying but there's literally no discussion that can be centered around the War Spoils system.

"Oh, I hate this system!"

"Nah, I like it"

Um, OK? Great talk guys, let's do it again sometime.

Out of all the things for attention to be given to, this is probably the most trivial. There is far more wrong with the game than the shitty box drops, even if, yes, they are incredibly shitty.
16 Jul 2014, 20:46 PM

It's almost like there's more than one person!

Don't let those Steam stats fool you - there's only one person just running 6,000 copies of COH2 on his farming rig so he can earn a Maxim 2% accuracy increase bulletin sometime in the next 5 months....LOL
16 Jul 2014, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 20:16 PMMadeMan

I was under the impression they were tested in Betas before release?

In any event, it's hard to balance things like that, I don't blame Relic entirely. Introducing a new commander has so many elements that it's tough to get it right straight away. Not all are overpowered too, my understanding is that Urban Defence Tactics has always been poo (this is the one Soviet commander I actually bought because it looked fun though. I've had mixed success, but overall I only use it when I want to play something wacky)

I don't know anymore... tiger ace and windustry were tested? fuck they must have been on crack? i remember soviet hq being buggy for like 3 patches also.

i personally think that all coh2 commander betas should be open to all people who own the game. like allot of steam games. or make them available in custom games until they are community approved. then everyone can test this shit early without their stats getting all fucked. i know that its not owned by everyone, but, we do contribute to the game with our own money. why are only certain groups allowed to test before and this NDA shit at this point? i can understand an entire add on but not the commanders. they should be tested first by the community before hitting automatch.
16 Jul 2014, 21:08 PM

^The HQ had some weird bug where you could make multiple ones for free after the initial one was paid for. I only bought it after it was patched out, but I heard it was hilariously broken.

I'm almost certain I remember people talking about balance testing for the commanders, but I'm not certain. Would need someone from Relic to confirm, but I'd be very surprised if they didn't have something before release.

As I said, commanders change the game potentially by so much it's tough to ensure the new stuff is balanced until it goes out into the wild yonder.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS