Login

russian armor

USA has some rather super advanced artillery

14 Jul 2014, 16:57 PM

long story short, this artillery destroys all full health tanks and trucks/buildings in one shot. It does so after a 5 second delay. The area of effect is large.

And it costs as much as the crappy wehr frag bomb (180 muni) and comes at 8 CP.
14 Jul 2014, 17:03 PM
Patrion 310

Artillery destroying armor is very realistic due to the fact that on top tanks were less armored :).
14 Jul 2014, 17:05 PM
Patrion 14

So we're clear, I'm happy for them to nerf the shit out of the artillery (because you know, fuck america), but if they do can't they put the Easy 8 Sherman in place of the recon? such a stupid ability to have on a commander, when it's available all the time on the Major.

Most Doctrines are already awful and half filled with redundant annoying abilities that aren't getting fixed. And we all know Relic will overnerf it and make Mechanized useless late game.

I agree, compared to the bombing run, it is clearly over performing (seriously, Airbourne's bombing run should do this or at least more damage) but I don't want to nerf another commander into oblivion. USA lacks decent doctrines as it is.
14 Jul 2014, 17:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

long story short, this artillery destroys all full health tanks and trucks/buildings in one shot. It does so after a 5 second delay. The area of effect is large.

And it costs as much as the crappy wehr frag bomb (180 muni) and comes at 8 CP.

frag boms are pretty nice
14 Jul 2014, 17:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Jagdtiger gets "dazed" by any sort of hit thats not small arms fire if i can recall,nutil it gets vet.

Maybe they should nerf it down to recon support doctrine's level.

Recon support IR pathfinders have a slightly weaker barrage that can 1 hit K0 the flaktruck 89% of the time but leave other HQ buildings with a slight slither of health, for 140 munitions.
Its also harder to use on vehicles and stuff since you have to move a paper 3 man squad into range in order to activate it.(similar to the major,but way better damage-wise)
14 Jul 2014, 17:48 PM

So you're saying a doctrine which literally has nothing else going for it apart from refunding the cost of bought tanks has artillery that is overpowered?

If you nerf this, what does the doctrine have left to counter Heavy Axis armour?

Even Recon Run is redundant with the major's recon ability.

The crew was stunned. It was very clever play and good use of stunning. Rarely do you see a display of such skill.

Very clever play? A DISPLAY OF SUCH SKILL!>>! WOw, much skill, very 2-click. Such esports, wow.

The stun was random.

I see BUTTON+BOMB / STUN+BOMB all the time on big tanks. It' not spectacular or stunning play. The reason you never see it is you're an allied-only player. Try OKW, you'll see So much of this cheese. Try to get a KT then get cheesed like this, see how you feel.
14 Jul 2014, 18:29 PM

I see BUTTON+BOMB / STUN+BOMB all the time on big tanks. It' not spectacular or stunning play. The reason you never see it is you're an allied-only player. Try OKW, you'll see So much of this cheese. Try to get a KT then get cheesed like this, see how you feel.

You know nothing of vehicle frustration because you are primarily an axis player.

Try playing soviets and having your vehicle constantly stunned by Target Weak Point while turboPaK takes off 80% of their health while you twiddle your thumbs.

Also available on StuG for extra double stun IS2 wiping!

The foolrpoof response to any heavy armour is to pin it and blow the ever loving crap out of it.

• Soviets use buttoning and mark target and bombs (insta-wipe)
  • USF use smoke nades and Stuarts and artillery (insta-wipe)
  • Ostheer use Target Weak Point and PaK and sometime Stukas (Insta-wipe)
  • OKW use hope and tears and dreams (Best of luck, you can do it)
14 Jul 2014, 20:07 PM

frag boms are pretty nice
They're actually not, they're laughably awful. One time my Shock Troops got frag bombed and lost one guy. The bomb landed 5 meters (about the length of a T-70) from the squad.

I saw the flares come down and began to move away, but I did not pay attention to the path of the plane and ran almost parallel to it. The bombs landed very close to my squad yet only one man died. I got punished less for that than when I run over my own grenades.
14 Jul 2014, 21:30 PM

hell, itll kill any okw truck in one barrage. keep them in base? yeah thats the point of them being deployable and such. oh, btw the doc has got a recon overflight too, so they wont be safe in your base either... havent had it used on vehicles that much, because every opponent who had it was satisfied with destroying my trucks and obliterating my tech.
i cant imagine this being intentional...
14 Jul 2014, 21:42 PM

Agreed that smoke did give awarning but check the video again, the KT starts moving back instantly.

There's no point in a warning if there's no time to react.

no the smoke is already here when the video start , and the shot start a long time after

so reaction time problem spotted
14 Jul 2014, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 21:42 PMBidet

no the smoke is already here when the video start , and the shot start a long time after

so reaction time problem spotted

defending this barrage while it obviously IS game breaking makes you look like a fool. i got the commander, i just dont like playing USF, cause its wipe the map with AA HT or lose late :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★