Login

russian armor

OKW officer retreat

13 Jul 2014, 20:33 PM

I noticed some of my men retreating without the order, I thought it might have been a bug or my retreat key was stuck (not saying which bodily fluid glued it). then someone suggested that when the OKW officer model dies, all surrounding men retreat. is this true? my friend plays the officer and he says he has had a similar problem.

Sorry if this has been posted before, tried to find
13 Jul 2014, 20:39 PM

It's not a bug, it's a feature ... Yep, if the sturmofficier die, near unit will flee like chickens.
13 Jul 2014, 20:44 PM

CHEERS! will keep my S Officer back from now, also i don't need to clean my keyboard
13 Jul 2014, 21:54 PM
Senior Caster Badge

You probably still need to clean your keyboard. Those things get dirty.
15 Jul 2014, 20:54 PM
Donator 11

The Sturmoffizier gives your units an amazing buff, so that they are going to fight harder. Many OKW players so choose to "blob" their units, trough this way all of them get the offensive buff. The Balance against this amazing blob comes trough that feature.
So if you face a heavy OKW blob with a Sturmoffizier, focus him and if you kill just the model of the sturmoffizier all units around him (area of round about 10 metres) will retreat.
As OKW its really important to keep him in second line, but close enough to the front, that most of your units get this buff. In mid and late game it can get really intense micro and you have to train to use him in a right way!

Here is a little unit description:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/06/26/coh2-the-western-front-armies-unit-profile-sturm-offizier/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★