Login

russian armor

Shoot trough anything units

13 Jul 2014, 12:04 PM

Let's talk about units that can shoot trough anything. So far Pak43, Jagdtiger and ISU ability can do that.

Does it really have a place in a game about positioning your units and using cover to your benefit? So while one player is furiously microing his units in a dense urban area, while the other doesnt have to lift a finger.

What's the logic behind it? I understand that big guns could go for a kill behind a building if they had the correct info but im sure as hell they didnt aim at a wall of a building 5m away and shoot through that!

Proposed changes

1. Let them shoot trought objects that are in the 80%-100% of their range, if there are some objects in 80% and below they cant shoot whatever is behind.
2. Don't allow any shots go trough indestructible trees. If they can stop arty fire they should also stop lesser guns.

Discuss
13 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM

The logic is that these units can shoot through anything to compensate for the fact that they lack mobility. The Pak 43 would be absolutely useless without it, there's not many maps open enough to be worth using one. The Jagdtiger is a huge slow beast that can barely move itself and has a narrow firing arc.
13 Jul 2014, 18:24 PM

Try using them, and youll understand why it is necessary.
14 Jul 2014, 14:22 PM

Try using them, and youll understand why it is necessary.

But i did and i do not understand, thats why i started the thread. They are very good even without it, so why do they keep this abusive mechanism ?

Hiding this units behind indestructible objects/high enough is lame, they keep firing while the your opponent cannot respond. You dont outmaneuver your opponent to get good hits on his armor, you leave it behind and focus on other stuff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★