Login

russian armor

Broken WF AT ensnare ability

11 Jul 2014, 06:22 AM

Either make all AT nade & faust in this dodgable state but way faster, or make them all into homing missile but cancel the move while the target is out of range?

Seriously Rifles & Fusiliers AT nade is useless.
11 Jul 2014, 06:32 AM

Compared to fausts and AT grenades... yeah they are super terrible. Panzerfusilier AT nade cant even damage 1/4th the m3's health.
11 Jul 2014, 06:46 AM

If that wasnt good enough.. i tried using the riflemen AT rifle grenade. I had a riflemen next to a puma, armed with nothing but vet 1, so the puma cared less about it shooting at it. Unfortunately, you have no control who shoots the rifle grenade or whether or not the volunteer runs like a maniac to a new position to shoot. Anyways, one guy was aiming, and he shot. His shot flew and blew up on a pole between the squad and the puma. A POLE. I slammed my head on the keyboard, because fausts, grenadier rifle grenades, and conscript AT grenades normally clip through things like these. These things arent worth the munitions. They are super unreliable and always fail.
11 Jul 2014, 07:34 AM
Patrion 14

+1

The riflemen and Panzerfusilier at nade solutions are comparativly inferior to the other snares in the game. Having a snare against highly mobile units behave the same way as anti infantry nades, seems like an odd design choice.

They should either all behave like at nades/fausts or like stickies in coh1. Having them all behave like rifle nades, would cause more early game problems (222, M3 soft counters) than I can imagine ;)
11 Jul 2014, 08:04 AM
Patrion 15

Perhaps this is by design? I honestly don't want hoards of rifles and panzerfuisilers running around instagibbing vehicles like we see with grens and cons.

Honestly I would rather them change the conscripts at nade and gren pfaust to the WFA style infantry soft counter to vehicles. I think these units are already strong enough in combat and don't really need any more added utility. A damaged engine is extremely crippling for any vehicle and the at nade and pfaust is way to effective for the munition cost imo.
11 Jul 2014, 11:46 AM

If that wasnt good enough.. i tried using the riflemen AT rifle grenade. I had a riflemen next to a puma, armed with nothing but vet 1, so the puma cared less about it shooting at it. Unfortunately, you have no control who shoots the rifle grenade or whether or not the volunteer runs like a maniac to a new position to shoot. Anyways, one guy was aiming, and he shot. His shot flew and blew up on a pole between the squad and the puma. A POLE. I slammed my head on the keyboard, because fausts, grenadier rifle grenades, and conscript AT grenades normally clip through things like these. These things arent worth the munitions. They are super unreliable and always fail.

Well, none of them should hit poles (unless they create a polish commander for sov :P ) and stuff, but a rifle squad with faust-like AT nade + bazooka might be too good.
11 Jul 2014, 12:11 PM

I like not having the easy access to engine damage, it makes light vehicle play stronger and forces more combined arms since your infantry can't carry you straight to tanks. They really need to make the animations a bit more obvious though, maybe I'm just blind but I have such a hard time noticing the fusilier and rifleman at nades.
11 Jul 2014, 12:32 PM

I have used the abilities of panzerfussiliers and riflemen many times, and I never had a clue if the actual thing fired or not. The animation needs to be more obvious with a better audio cue so I can actually know if the damn thing fires or not.
11 Jul 2014, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2014, 12:11 PMCieZ
I like not having the easy access to engine damage, it makes light vehicle play stronger and forces more combined arms since your infantry can't carry you straight to tanks. They really need to make the animations a bit more obvious though, maybe I'm just blind but I have such a hard time noticing the fusilier and rifleman at nades.

Exactly.

Because of these unreliable AT nades we can have actually a new meta of using light vehicles, when before it was a struggle against infantry, now its actually possible to play aggressively with light armor and punish the opponent for foregoing AT.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight