Login

russian armor

Lol 7.5cm le.IG 18

10 Jul 2014, 21:42 PM

Well it sucks for sure.
10 Jul 2014, 21:53 PM

Dunno, for me it doesn't make so manny kills as people complain. Iguess I'm just unlucky.

I think so, it works well for me.

I don't think the 7.5cm le.IG 18 needs any nerfs. It's fairly expensive and is often restricted by its low firing arc. When it does have a clear line of fire it does good damage. You can avoid this damage by hiding behind houses and stuff.

It does seem to have the tendency to hit support weapons, draining the HP of the weapon itself. However, repairing your support weapons from time to time will prevent them from getting 1-shotted by the 7.5cm le.IG 18.

I'd say that for now the 7.5cm le.IG 18 is fine the way it is, it's powerful, but not OP.
10 Jul 2014, 21:56 PM

Yeah the US howie has piss poor range, barely better than a mortar it seems, and abysmal accuracy. Even when I fire into a crowded central town in Semois it barely got a kill.

Meanwhile the IG 18 snipes infantry at quasi mortar range, destroys light vehicles pretty fast and can even damage medium tanks. For 80 MP more than a normal At gun, that's really a bargain.
10 Jul 2014, 21:57 PM

You get what you deserve for blobing and weapon teams spam.
Counter it as you would counter a howitzer.
10 Jul 2014, 22:02 PM

I think the US howitzer needs to be brought up to par, and then the problems would fade. You dont beat something down because its counterpart sucks...
10 Jul 2014, 23:41 PM

howitzers don't come 1 minute into the game with a building that helps constintly reinforce it and acts as a rally point. Not to mention they can move out of the way of call ins.

That's a terrible argument.
11 Jul 2014, 00:14 AM

howitzers don't come 1 minute into the game with a building that helps constintly reinforce it and acts as a rally point. Not to mention they can move out of the way of call ins.

That's a terrible argument.

And ISG is not as effective as Howitzer.
In my opinion it does slightly lass damage than 120mm mortar and got the accuracy of German one.
It costs 400mp however and fallows OKW faction design being expensive but efficient.
Due to it's limited arc of fire it will be able to concentrate on single squad only unless you're blobing. I only use it when I face heavy weapon teams play or on maps with a lot of buildings.
If it comes early that 400mp investment. Use this to your advantage.
11 Jul 2014, 00:17 AM

Its performance needs to be more in line with the Pack howitzer, either by nerfing the leIG or by buffing the howi, or a small bit of both probably. But by nerfing an OP unit we will probably see OKW start to underperform againts weapon crews, blobs etc and may need to consider other changes too.
11 Jul 2014, 00:19 AM

The accuracy against moving targets is incredibly frustrating. Mortars are supposed to be good for beating down a static opponent. They don't stop a charge before a bullet has been fired.

... And the vehicle damage is pretty retarded.
11 Jul 2014, 00:22 AM

Permanently Banned
US whine is so funny. They can just attack move with blob and wipe squads in seconds. Just amazing.

Sovs - nothing to add, will always remain the most OP race in the game due to relic fetish.
11 Jul 2014, 00:23 AM

Permanently Banned

I think so, it works well for me.

I don't think the 7.5cm le.IG 18 needs any nerfs. It's fairly expensive and is often restricted by its low firing arc. When it does have a clear line of fire it does good damage. You can avoid this damage by hiding behind houses and stuff.

It does seem to have the tendency to hit support weapons, draining the HP of the weapon itself. However, repairing your support weapons from time to time will prevent them from getting 1-shotted by the 7.5cm le.IG 18.

I'd say that for now the 7.5cm le.IG 18 is fine the way it is, it's powerful, but not OP.

+1. They are frustrated because they cant attack move with their noob blob. That supresses and wipes with double BAR per squad. Just so funny. Complaining about a units that is 420 Mp
11 Jul 2014, 00:31 AM

+1. They are frustrated because they cant attack move with their noob blob. That supresses and wipes with double BAR per squad. Just so funny. Complaining about a units that is 420 Mp

Seeing as you are giving me a +1 I might reconsider my position on the 7.5cm le.IG 18.
11 Jul 2014, 01:29 AM

The accuracy against moving targets is incredibly frustrating. Mortars are supposed to be good for beating down a static opponent. They don't stop a charge before a bullet has been fired.

Mortars do not have accuracy against moving targets. They fire at a single center point (usually a model in a squad) and the spread determines the accuracy. It does not compensate for movement and the projectile does not follow infantry.
11 Jul 2014, 01:42 AM

As said before shoots don't follow units. If you are moving in mass something may get hit due to the quantity of targets in particular area but not because shell was locked on a unit.
Being mobile is the best defense against any mortar in the game.

As far as Soviets go I am really sorry OKW has a heavy counter to your Maxim spam. Not that I had any problems with it even as Wermaht but it's good to see such a cheesy strat being countered as much as it shouldn't be so effective in the first place.
The other thing is that I wouldn't go weapon teams heavy against OKW as you will only feed fuel.
11 Jul 2014, 03:37 AM

its the ONLY answer to maxim spam that okw has. maybe less penetration against medium armor, that's it. for the record the 120mm is still far better than the infantry gun, I don't care what you sov fanboys say. the US howie is lackluster I agree there. But until there is a nerf(and a big one) to maxim bs it cannot be nerfed.
11 Jul 2014, 04:14 AM

The 120 is powerful when it hits, but does not hit all that frequently. The LeIG is extremely accurate and faster firing.
11 Jul 2014, 04:53 AM

what. it hits my guards squad and wiped 4 men off, quite consistently too. is that blobbing too? sorry for putting a squad in green cover.

people start to say blob, like they know what it means. i don't think they really know what it means.
11 Jul 2014, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 21:15 PMArclyte
> "it's ok because its 420 manpower"

> nerfs 120mm mortar

That shit can't squad wipe, can't put behind buildings, 120 can still squad wipe a Fall or Ober.

Fairness?
11 Jul 2014, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2014, 04:53 AMwongtp

what. it hits my guards squad and wiped 4 men off, quite consistently too. is that blobbing too? sorry for putting a squad in green cover.

people start to say blob, like they know what it means. i don't think they really know what it means.

I feel sorry for your unlucky crit. Sheep happens.
11 Jul 2014, 13:20 PM

Pak howitzer is beyond horrible, its a whole new concept of bad cost efficiency, its so bad that I think a fair price for it would be 200 MP at most.

Used one again today, its a total joke, wont ever build another until it gets patched.

7.5cm le.IG 18 is light years better, cheaper, and even borderline op vs tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak