Login

russian armor

OKW needs alternative way to heal?

8 Jul 2014, 01:11 AM

So if I decide to build ammunition conversion truck first I find myself suffering manpower because I cannot heal infantry... It's not a problem really, as the medics truck comes soon enough.

However, this closes me off from going conversion truck => flak truck build order because the manpower bleed becomes too much on 4-man expensive infantry units.

Would be nice if OKW could pay to get healing in their T1 Truck :)
8 Jul 2014, 01:13 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Sturmpios can drop medpacks at vet 1 or 2 or something.
8 Jul 2014, 01:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

^^^ Sturmpio med packs like he said. I wish there was some other way, because the Muni cost gets high. In team games Wehr player MUST build medic bunker in base.
8 Jul 2014, 01:31 AM

+ Some units get automatic healing if they are out of combat at a certain vet level (like infantry vet1 in CoH1)
8 Jul 2014, 01:49 AM
Benefactor 392

As it is said sturmpios, and yeah just drop some boxes at base, it drops 3 boxes which is more then enough i think.
8 Jul 2014, 04:29 AM

Yah, I knew about the their ability... But I feel that having to spam it is detrimental enough for everyone to build medics truck. Did anyone actually used it this way with success?
8 Jul 2014, 07:04 AM

The defensive docrine should be able to do it with the doctrine bunker...
Now that I think about it that is probably the way you should play that commander (fast puma then obersoldaten)
9 Jul 2014, 15:52 PM

Manpower and other resource bleed is the fundamental approach to beating OKW, while passive healing makes this *much* harder by effacing non-kill damage between engagements. Putting off access to this very powerful effect is the cost of going T3-T4; I see no reason why this should be changed.

9 Jul 2014, 16:48 PM

I think it's fine the way it is. Other factions have to pay 150-250MP + some ammo or fuel to get healing. OKW can get it with a 200mp/40fuel but in addition it unlocks 3 tech units.

If you want to go directly for heavy panzer truck you will have to sacrifice ammo for healing. The Sturmpios drop 3 healing boxes for 40 ammo which isn't that bad of a trade to close the gap until you get your med truck up.
9 Jul 2014, 17:06 PM

I want to see a bunker from Fortifications doctrine being able to be converted into a medic bunker. Why was it needed to remove the ability to convert into medic or command point from that bunker?
9 Jul 2014, 17:19 PM

I want to see a bunker from Fortifications doctrine being able to be converted into a medic bunker. Why was it needed to remove the ability to convert into medic or command point from that bunker?
have they removed uprades from that bunker? Doesn't that make it pointless with the trenches?
9 Jul 2014, 17:25 PM

You could do what I do. Just don't ever build the flak hq in a 1v1, unless the game goes crazy long. Open with a puma so you don't insta lose to the stupid m15 aa, then drop your healing truck once you're comfortable. Fallshirms or fusiliers can do what obers do. Sure they're slightly worse (but can engine damage) but the fuel cost of the flak hq is just insane, especially considering that the only unit you'd want out of it is the obers, everything else is useless in almost every situation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★