Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten MG 34 is droppable!

7 Jul 2014, 20:10 PM

nope, but every bug needs to be squashed

So you want Obersoldaten to perform slightly above Grenadiers, for much higher cost, no MG 42 upgrade, and no Panzerfaust?

Glad you're not doing balance, you just seem to have a personal vendetta against certain units.
7 Jul 2014, 20:47 PM

I will totally agree with Mr. Someguy.

The only logical reason for a weapon doing disproportionate more damage than any other weapon is because the unit which is using it excels at it.

Another, better example would be with snipers. Imagine snipers drop their rifles, which get picked up by conscripts and one model in the squad acts as a regular sniper. It is insaaaaayaaynley stupid.

And it transfers to gameplay.

Obers remain a versatile if not very impressive raw damage squad without the MG34.
No, the damage chart says they become ineffective for their MP cost. You can't even repurchase the MG.

Allowing them to drop such an important item is your own fault.

It is purely RNG based. There is no high-risk high-reward involved.

Don't let them drop LMG34s. And if they do, make the stats similar to an LMG42, allow repurchase of the MG34 or distribute the damage to Kar98 to begin with, as said before.
7 Jul 2014, 21:22 PM

How do they drop it?
Like Grens LMG only when the last guy dies or sooner?

Only when the last guy dies. Unless they have picked up other weapons. In that case they have the normal chance to drop if the model dies and there are no models left armed with Kar98s.
7 Jul 2014, 21:34 PM

And I guess that you are 100% positive that obers don't have accuracy bonus akin to partisans penalty.

Because partisans weapons suddenly have 100% more DPS when wielded by anything other then partisans.
7 Jul 2014, 22:12 PM

So you want Obersoldaten to perform slightly above Grenadiers, for much higher cost, no MG 42 upgrade, and no Panzerfaust?

Glad you're not doing balance, you just seem to have a personal vendetta against certain units.

i dont want anything, im just taking a piss out of you for making a thread like that in bugs section
7 Jul 2014, 22:18 PM

And I guess that you are 100% positive that obers don't have accuracy bonus akin to partisans penalty.

Because partisans weapons suddenly have 100% more DPS when wielded by anything other then partisans.

Yeah, I tested it, the MG 34's effectiveness stays with the gun, not the Obers. An Osttruppen model with an MG 34 firing at a line of unarmed Conscripts killed them at least twice as fast as the Osttruppen models given an MG 42 or M1919. Also, a Rear Echelon troop given an MG 34 wiped out a Grenadier squad with an MG 42 and still had 2 men left, total squad health was about 40%.

i dont want anything, im just taking a piss out of you for making a thread like that in bugs section

You think it's not a bug that this weapon can be used to increase the combat effectiveness of squads tenfold? That RET's with one can beat MG Grenadiers?
7 Jul 2014, 22:20 PM

So we've found a solution.

Reduce their accuracy and accuracy of MG34 by 50%, give them accuracy buff akin to partisan accuracy penalty and we'll have squad effective with infantry weapons while its weapons will be normal for all others.

Fixed.
7 Jul 2014, 22:21 PM

7 Jul 2014, 22:27 PM

It would ofc need them to have their weapon slots reduced to one as squad with over 40 dps at max range is last thing I want to see in game for either side.
8 Jul 2014, 09:48 AM
Donator 33

Yeah, LMG 34 stats + The unit that gains veterancy bonuses to its accuracy, like ostruppen gain 40%, same with grens and conscripts and 60% increase with penals, that would sky rocket the LMG 34 stats

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★