Login

russian armor

We must force Relic's hand

• This thread is locked
6 Jul 2014, 03:46 AM

My recent post about exploiting War Spoils entails I believe the best way to force Relic to listen to us. If everyone is just milking the spoils system, they will be forced to cave and listen to us I believe.

All you have to do is setup a 4v4 with 7 ai, balance the AI difficulties to make it an even fight (you're gonna be afk the whole time), and let them fight it out.

If you press alt-enter, the game will go to windowed mode, which allows the game to run in the background without pausing.

If your machine can handle it, I recommend doing this like 18 hours a day.

More in this thread: http://www.coh2.org/topic/19773/exploiting-war-spoils-with-a-fun-game-to-watch
6 Jul 2014, 04:09 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Um I don't think they care whether a few people "milk" the system for more drops. Why would they?
6 Jul 2014, 04:24 AM

Then we better make sure it's not just a few people but the whole community. We'll make a joke out of their War Spoils system.

Worst case scenario, they don't listen and we have all the unlocks. Hardly terrible
6 Jul 2014, 04:40 AM

Hello, if you look at this days old thread:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/19214/what-war-spoils-have-you-won/page/8#post_id176991

It has a lot of anecdotal information on people's results in war spoils.

The odds are beyond bad, and I believe that a commander is won every 10-20 hours, and around 40% of these commanders are actually WFA. So to get all 6 WFA, the numbers are comical- well over 200 hours I'm thinking. Most people probably want 3 of them, and I believe they'll have to spend 100 hours plus just to obtain that.

Then there is the problem of duplicates, which has happened so often as to defy notions of probability and randomness. Duplicate commanders, faceplates, etc. which delay the acquisition of desired wins.

In sum, I don't think anybody is going to bot farm for that long; I certainly have quit already after 30 hours of farming.
6 Jul 2014, 04:46 AM

Bot farming is a background process. The idea is to do it while you're afk or attending to other things on the internet
6 Jul 2014, 04:49 AM

We know. (I'll speak for most in that thread since many have already farmed for many hours) It's just that running your computer playing coh2 constantly in the summertime for up to two weeks is simply bad for the hardware.

Also, the wins must be personally administered every 2 1/2 or 3 hours. The timer resets only after you collect your drops.

I have a cooling system set up but I don't want the commanders that bad..
6 Jul 2014, 04:56 AM

There's definitely considerations with it. I don't overstress my machine so much as I try to make the maximum use of the time I'm on it.

Anyways, I don't want the commanders so much as I want to help with the Relic Revolution that is erupting. The commanders are a great bonus.
6 Jul 2014, 05:00 AM
Donator 33

Honestly don't think war spoils are worth as much as the power bill. Will play for fun though.
6 Jul 2014, 05:12 AM

Get a life! Dumbest thread ever.
6 Jul 2014, 05:17 AM

Get a life! Dumbest thread ever.

I've found that less time spent playing CoH 2, the more time I spend on life. And if I can bot farm, that means I'm spending less time on CoH 2.

Thank you for the needless insult kind stranger
7 Jul 2014, 03:06 AM

I think he means you're letting it get to you too much. Relic already knows some people are annoyed with the system, and I doubt they'd care if you got some extra stuff by running a bot farm that slowly fries your computer by making it render company of heroes for excessive periods of time.
7 Jul 2014, 03:18 AM
Donator 11

What ? Playing coh2 for 18 hours a day fucks your system up? *installs calling system*
7 Jul 2014, 03:39 AM

What ? Playing coh2 for 18 hours a day fucks your system up? *installs calling system*

Ah yes, a man unable to understand hyperbole. How's it going?
7 Jul 2014, 03:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

My recent post about exploiting War Spoils entails I believe the best way to force Relic to listen to us.

7 Jul 2014, 03:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 03:45 AMWiFiDi

I definitely didn't word that the best. I should've said something along the lines of "in addition to everything we're currently doing, we should do this exploiting thing to make our point even stronger"

Thankfully I'm aware of the context I meant that in, making the last laugh mine :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:
Hux
7 Jul 2014, 04:10 AM
Patrion 14

Is baby not getting his FREE fucking commanders fast enough? Let me just get my violin..

But hey, at least I'm looking forward to warspoils thread no.3 when this one caves. SEE YOU THERE! #sarcasm
7 Jul 2014, 04:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 04:10 AMHux
Is baby not getting his FREE fucking commanders fast enough? Let me just get my violin..

But hey, at least I'm looking forward to warspoils thread no.3 when this one caves. SEE YOU THERE! #sarcasm

You're gonna be looking for awhile because I'll change up my strategy if it's not working. Anyways, I get plenty of positive feedback in the other threads so I'm not too concerned. Was the harsh language too much for you in the original post? I seem to have accidentally baited all the Relic white knights. #violin

Baby would happily pay for the commanders I might add
Hux
7 Jul 2014, 05:28 AM
Patrion 14

I hate daft design des icons as much as the next guy (hell, there's been a few!) but this shit has gone too far. Not everything is for sale. And not everything just falls into your lap, you know?

Wanting to pay for the commanders is fair enough, you don't wanna wait, I get that. But Mitigating the number of paid commanders is definitely a move in the right direction and I think if a few people wind their necks in a bit and accept that they have no control over when they'll get their commanders we can concentrate on some more pressing issues as a community.

Why don't you just forget about the commanders and play the game. They'll drop soon enough.

Besides. I think you may be missing an altogether more worrying side to this warspoils system. I.e that bulletins stacking May be part f some wacky future relic plan where we'll be seeing PIVs vetting 9x faster and MGs doing 30% more suppression.. But hey that's just speculation from a Relic White Knight (whatever the fuck that is...)
7 Jul 2014, 05:29 AM

This has gotta be one of the stupidest ideas I've heard in a while. I'm quite sure that the whole community is not this desperate.

The extra time I do spend with my computer goes anyway playing CoH2 so not really helping that much. In my case anyway. Of course I could left it open during workday but then they would play only one match, you still would need to do some clicks? Therefore I make my conclusion that you have absolutely too much time on your computer even though you claim that you are having more life and less CoH2. That is if you can spend 18 hours a day doing this (or I don't know why else you would suggest this random number).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★