Login

russian armor

What do you want to see in a map?

5 Jul 2014, 22:10 PM

I'm looking to be beginning creating some more maps now that I have time of work.

I am curious about what players of Company of Heroes would actually like to see in a map.

List what you would like to see in a map!

6 Jul 2014, 05:15 AM

Well, as a map maker myself I always try to make the map stand out by getting creative with the setting of the map so that it's not just another forest or village. There has to be something that gives it character. I'm currently working on a map that has a castle and small town around it. I'm hoping my take on a castle will be unique enough that people enjoy the theme.

With the release of WFA and that addition of waterfall FX, I'd like to see more maps utilize waterfalls. But I'm also tired of maps with bridges acting as chokepoints, so I'd like to see more open maps that don't have a river and a few bridges cutting it down the centre.

And there are very few maps in the workshop that have both a winter and summer variant. It would be nice to see more maps that do both. It's a tough thing to do since the only difference that isn't cosmetic is ice and deep snow.

I just finished watching the movie "The Monuments Men". And there were a lot of scenes of the soldiers driving through lush green forests. I think I'd like to see more maps that feature deciduous trees instead of the coniferous pines, with lots of green and small creeks. Pristine forests and not obliterated wasteland. Although it's hard to do that since there aren't many types of trees for us to work with.

I'd like to see a uniquely themed 2v2 map, with standard resources and population cap. Just throwing an idea out there.... how about a rock quarry? The WFA has added new rock objects that can be used as cover and new civilian trucks that would look great in that kind of setting.
6 Jul 2014, 22:00 PM
Donator 11

And don't make the map too flat :)
6 Jul 2014, 22:12 PM

Lots of chokes and bridges that split up the map 50/50
6 Jul 2014, 22:14 PM
7 Jul 2014, 03:39 AM

To be honest, any map that isn't a COH1 remake, or a stock/single player COH2 map "tweaked" and republished, would be a god send.
Hux
7 Jul 2014, 04:03 AM
Patrion 14

I'd definitely love to see a map without a fucking river running right through the centre.

Flanking routes and tactical variety over choke points every day of the week.
7 Jul 2014, 20:37 PM

Thanks for your opinions guys!
12 Jul 2014, 06:29 AM
Patrion 14

I think it really depends on if you wanna make a competitive map or flavourful map.

Looking through lists in the workshop, it looks as though flavourful-ness tops competitiveness by a fair amount.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★