Login

russian armor

Maxims against OKW.

8 Jul 2014, 10:28 AM
Donator 22

Your tactics are sound. The first match I tested the okw with on launch I actually did this build. I read what the infrared half track was. Right away I was like wow this is a cool unit for auto aim and fire artillery such as the field gun. So then I build a few guns and laughed my ass off. You don't even have to tell your guns to shoot enemy squads. It will do it all for you.

It is a very pleasant way to play with the OKW. You simply need to do this build and run around with spios and at volks mopping up the rest. Although a great build it does pigeon hole you into one build to stop maxim spam. Hence why the rifle grenade via doctrine or tech would be a nice addition. Although it needs to be removed from the OST core abilities to be fair.

Problem is by the time you get an infrared truck and a couple of field guns, the soviets and USF will already have proper tanks and more infantry.
8 Jul 2014, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2014, 10:28 AMRizza

Problem is by the time you get an infrared truck and a couple of field guns, the soviets and USF will already have proper tanks and more infantry.

I'm pretty sure soviets can't have tanks at 8 min.
8 Jul 2014, 11:38 AM
Donator 22

I'm pretty sure soviets can't have tanks at 8 min.

You're gonna get the infra truck out and anti inf guns before they have tanks, yes, but then you have to wait a while to afford anything else.
8 Jul 2014, 17:34 PM

The infrared HT costs very very little fuel. And Spec Ops doctrine is HILARIOUS when you get a flank on a maxim. 15 Muni Building clearing Maxim whiping nades of death. Makes Volks combat effective.

God I love that ability.
9 Jul 2014, 00:31 AM

There is one thing most people forget about when playing against heavy Soviet weapon team build.
You can salvage EVERY one of them (!) which means you will be floating fuel provided you do reasonably well. Infantry support gun will help with this allowing you to snowball out of control (fuel + munition wise). Do recommend.
Also salvaging prevents SU player from re crewing it again.
9 Jul 2014, 00:34 AM

There is one thing most people forget about when playing against heavy Soviet weapon team build.
You can salvage EVERY one of them (!) which means you will be floating fuel provided you do reasonably well. Infantry support gun will help with this allowing you to snowball out of control (fuel + munition wise). Do recommend.
Also salvaging prevents SU player from re crewing it again.

I do this EVERYTIME oh look FUEL GALORE! lol. I wish I had salvage doc :(
9 Jul 2014, 00:41 AM

I always laugh when I see this thread after yet another loss to maxim spam, Soviet apparatchiks saying the Stuka is a counter, that the infared half track is a counter, that the infantry gun is a counter. It's hilarious.

By the time all of these theory-crafted counters hit the field the damage is done and the map is locked down. They have the fuel, they have the doctrine infantry and they're well on their way to getting the first tank and I have nothing but a puny 270 mp panzershreck. Maxim Spam is a serious problem for OKW and there is nothing that OKW can seriously do about it.
9 Jul 2014, 00:42 AM

Last game I swear I got fuel required for Panther from 0 up to 175 in like 2 minutes :)

It was a crazy long game that ended with victory points being down to 22-0 (we won but veeeery close) but I was able to field 2 Panthers, 4 PzIV J from Elite doctrine, and 22 PzII. Crazy :)

Watch it:
9 Jul 2014, 00:44 AM

I always laugh when I see this thread after yet another loss to maxim spam, Soviet apparatchiks saying the Stuka is a counter, that the infared half track is a counter, that the infantry gun is a counter. It's hilarious.

By the time all of these theory-crafted counters hit the field the damage is done and the map is locked down. They have the fuel, they have the doctrine infantry and they're well on their way to getting the first tank and I have nothing but a puny 270 mp panzershreck. Maxim Spam is a serious problem for OKW and there is nothing that OKW can seriously do about it.

YES THERE IS NO COUNTER TO IT!!!! Its an AUTO LOSS as soon as the Soviet Player builds the first UNIT!!!11111

ISG works just fine. Its a stupid and cheesy strat thats effective but not by any stretch unbeatable. I havent lost to it in ages.

Edit: Stuka sucks until someone shows me a replay of someone getting consistant kills i.e. more than say 30 kills in a match I call BS on that "Counter" 100 fuel for that??
9 Jul 2014, 00:46 AM

Last game I swear I got fuel required for Panther from 0 up to 175 in like 2 minutes :)

It was a crazy long game that ended with victory points being down to 22-0 (we won but veeeery close) but I was able to field 2 Panthers, 4 PzIV J from Elite doctrine, and 22 PzII. Crazy :)

Shoot me the replay Oz :)
9 Jul 2014, 00:48 AM

Shoot me the replay Oz :)

See my previous post :)
I was teamed up with a random player. Not sure about them. A bit chaotic and rusty but still enjoyable to watch. I hope.

I think it was a good come back as well.
9 Jul 2014, 00:49 AM

ISG works just fine. Its a stupid and cheesy strat thats effective but not by any stretch unbeatable.

3 Kills in the last game and 7 in the game before that. If the maxim stays outside a building the infantry gun is nothing but a waste of manpower.
9 Jul 2014, 00:55 AM

3 Kills in the last game and 7 in the game before that. If the maxim stays outside a building the infantry gun is nothing but a waste of manpower.

Then your gunner is retarded. 1v1 Langerkaya 36 kills Vet 3. No idea why you have no luck. If they spam hard ill even build two.

2v2 me and Charlie dont surf each built 1 and beat back dual Maxim and Mortar spammers to the point they called it OP.

Try moving it closer I dunno. I use it every time and its successful every time.
9 Jul 2014, 01:02 AM

Same here. Infantry Support Gun for the win.
No doubt it's gonna be called OP soon.
9 Jul 2014, 01:22 AM

Same here. Infantry Support Gun for the win.
No doubt it's gonna be called OP soon.

On your replay you had close to 40 kills. Pretty good for a passive unit i would say. GG btw.
9 Jul 2014, 03:27 AM

I do this EVERYTIME oh look FUEL GALORE! lol. I wish I had salvage doc :(

Do not use salvage doc for salvage man, 20s for salvaging a maxim will kill your Sturmpio more than you can count.
9 Jul 2014, 17:20 PM

On your replay you had close to 40 kills. Pretty good for a passive unit i would say. GG btw.

You see this SSwhiney. Now this is how a german player becomes a better player. He asks about a problem and receives some offers of advice with a replay. He realizes that there are In fact counters and acknowledged how effective they were. He is now ready to grow and become more competitive.

You have my respect komrade, you make the Wehrmacht proud. Good job jh heartless.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
Netherlands 7
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak