Login

russian armor

Exploiting War Spoils with a fun game to watch

6 Jul 2014, 10:24 AM

when you had to pay for commanders people called them P2W commanders
when they drop randomly people complain that its MMO grind

what a bunch of whiners around here, really

i bet they are making a system like we see in Dota 2 or CS GO, which means you will be able to sell and buy CoH2 stuff on steam

in the end you will be able to buy or play to get commander, but for some nolifes that want instant gratification thats just too long
6 Jul 2014, 10:29 AM

i bet they are making a system like we see in Dota 2 or CS GO, which means you will be able to sell and buy CoH2 stuff on steam

in the end you will be able to buy or play to get commander, but for some nolifes that want instant gratification thats just too long

Its pretty frustrating for alot of people. Bulletins, skins etc are fine for me. But when i have to grind for commanders that long and have to rely on pure luck to get those, i'd honestly rather pay. I never whined about purchaseable commanders by the way.

Its just so painful to play and play and play, and to never know when you will get the next bunch of war spoils, and when you actually get some new ones, its useless bulletins and/or duplicates 80% of the time.
6 Jul 2014, 23:09 PM

A paid DLC won't let you have all the DLC content......bingo
7 Jul 2014, 02:07 AM
Patrion 14

I don't see why we can't have both systems, make payable commanders a thing, and if people want to grind for them instead for no money, they can do that as well. Only thing is that the drop system still needs to be looked at a little bit, maybe have seperate timers:

-Chance for a skin/faceplate to drop every game.
-Chance for a bulletin/victory strike every hour of game time.
-Chance for a commander every 2-3 hours of game time.

This way drops occur more frequently and is less of a "grind three hours and get a bulletin" ordeal. Of course, they would have to make AI games not count towards drops to make up for this. What do you guys think?
7 Jul 2014, 02:40 AM
Donator 11

Im pretty sure it is going to be like that, expect the play times would be atleast double
7 Jul 2014, 04:52 AM

I recommend flatlining your graphics and sound settings for farming I might add. This game is going to stress any machine at the highest settings.
7 Jul 2014, 05:32 AM
Patrion 15

Bahaha this is so lame. Why not just play the game and get a chance drop?
7 Jul 2014, 05:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

when moderating threads like these, I prefer to listen to...
7 Jul 2014, 05:36 AM

Bahaha this is so lame. Why not just play the game and get a chance drop?

The percentages are so low that I figure it helps even the odds. I get bits of 45 minutes here and there, say to shower and eat, and it adds up over time.
7 Jul 2014, 05:50 AM
Patrion 15

So? It's a really fun game and your getting content for free. I just don't get trying to cheat the system just to get the commander you want when you could simply enjoy the game you purchased and get a chance for it to drop anyway. I mean I understand the limitations and frustrations with the system and I think overall it needs some tweaks, but this just seems silly to me.
7 Jul 2014, 09:19 AM

I was tring this, and it works, nice way to exploit the new stupid system of drops....

The idea is good, to exploit the system and make Relic to change it, but i'v been thinking about it, and how they can solve it, and there is something not that good....
the system atm is works with Players vs Players / Players vs IA and players+IA vs IA, the exploit idea is to be afk while u get drop, it means Player vs IA, i am afraid that if they will fix it, they will block the drops from custom games, and u will get drop only from Player vs Player games....

i hope i am wrong and they will understand that the system is stupid and the ppl exploit to let them understand that...
7 Jul 2014, 11:01 AM

Very easy solution would be to acquire experience while playing maybe even rewarding more xp to players that play against stronger opponents etc...

Make bulletins buyable with earned xp and players choose themselves what they get for a certain amount of xp.

Problem fixed?
7 Jul 2014, 11:11 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

To be honest I don't mind the War Spoils System but allowing you to get the same items multiple times is kinda embarrassing from Relic's side (thinking of OMGPOP's Screenshot).

And the only thing I got so far is a lousy bulletin and the same faceplate twice that I already own. :thumbsup:
7 Jul 2014, 15:54 PM

I hate nagging on Relic cause they did a great job implementing the two new factions, but i just dont understand why war loot drops are random? Why on earth can i get war spoils without achieving anything? I want to earn my loot!
Anything (wins, lvl, kills e.l) would do, rather than basing it on playtime alone. Tthe exploitation of this by simply just leaving the game on illustrates the fail.

I have never seen anyone use such a simple mechanic, it is so meaningless and it gives no feeling of progression.
7 Jul 2014, 17:43 PM

Relic made a great thing moving from p2w to this spoils of war system. They should implement this better tho, going random is no fun at all. And the fact that its rare +you pretty often get things you already had in first place is plain dumb. They should've implemented some kind of points system, where you score points after every match and then could use them to buy things you need/want.
8 Jul 2014, 01:40 AM

Does it count the time in game even if you leave the 1v1 easy or does it not?
8 Jul 2014, 08:09 AM

Does it count the time in game even if you leave the 1v1 easy or does it not?

Solo games vs AI count only if it ends with a victory for either side. There is no surrender option in solo vs AI, at least i never seen it. Thus you have to setup your "bot game" in a way that it ends at a convenient time, meaning you can plan on when the AI will win or lose. Trying different setups and factions can wield different results. The more balanced the game is set, the longer it will last.
8 Jul 2014, 17:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 05:35 AMWiFiDi
when moderating threads like these, I prefer to listen to...

Oh! I thought you might have preferred this :P

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 89
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak