Login

russian armor

Ostruppen vs. Conscripts and Rifle Squads

4 Jul 2014, 17:49 PM

I'm not going to start by asking for a tactic per-say, but rather I just want to know what are the statistical differences between your average Ostruppen Squad (Called-in by Ostruppen Doctrine) and the other basic infantry rifle units.

I am aware that Ostruppen have low accuracy when not behind cover and lacks shooting of any sort when on the move. Regardless of those two, when a Ostruppen unit is pitted against the other two allies basic infantry, will both function nearly the same when behind cover?

If so, then I will continue by further discussion, but for now I'm more interested in knowing the effectiveness of Ostruppen against basic infantry squads. I'm not sure how to compare the data in the stats website, so I'm hoping someone more capable can explain it to me in a more dumbed-down way.

Thanks, by the way.
4 Jul 2014, 18:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think Ostruppen can move and shoot now, will look when I get in
4 Jul 2014, 18:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Duplicate
5 Jul 2014, 02:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Last time they were patched

http://www.coh2.org/topic/16617/april-24th-patch-notes-discussion

Osttruppen
•The low accuracy on the Osttruppen rifle led to their weapon output feeling very inconsistent. This was addressed by increasing their accuracy while reducing the damage done per shot. Additional modifications were made to improve the viability of the Osttruppen at all stages of the game, such as increasing their capture rate to 1. Osttruppen will remain slightly combat inefficient relative to Grenadiers.
◦Cover bonus from 1.75x accuracy to 2x accuracy

◦Accuracy from 0.21/0.2/0.19 to 0.45/0.4/.35

◦Damage from 16 to 8

◦Cooldown from 0.5-1 to 0.75-1.25

◦Cooldown near modifier from 0 to 0.125

◦Wind down from 1.625 to 1.3

◦Moving cooldown from 2 to 1.5

◦Capture rate from 0.5 to 1

I have not used the things for a while but I think they are pretty pricey right now at 200MP

At that price they should beat RELs in a straight fight

5 Jul 2014, 06:11 AM

Last time they were patched

http://www.coh2.org/topic/16617/april-24th-patch-notes-discussion

I have not used the things for a while but I think they are pretty pricey right now at 200MP

At that price they should beat RELs in a straight fight

Pricey perhaps, but according to the stats you provided I feel that early blobbing of these guys (apparently they cost half a pop each man) would mean decent map cover. The number they form means they can probably last decently long against opponents as well. A officer squad + 3 ostruppen squad with focus fire can provide a decent volley that can shoot down approaching squads. The micro might be the part I have a headache about. When against flamethrowers and other close-range weapons, I am forced to move the Ostruppen around to make sure they don't get hurt, but that sacrifices their firepower. Multiple squads in one area might do the trick, as they can simply just cover each other as one squad evades.
5 Jul 2014, 16:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I suspect they might complement OKW well, because they can provide numbers and expendable meat shields that OKW lack

A Kubelwagen start lacks capping power, but with Ostuppren that balance gets redressed somewhat
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★