Login

russian armor

COH2, The CoD of RTS genre

3 Jul 2014, 16:07 PM

What is unskillful in CoD compared to CS? They are both basically the same thing minus killstreaks perks and weapon customization.

lol :) there is a reason whenever a player sucks in FPS games others call him CoD noob. but anywayi admit i havent spent that much time on CoH2, but i am gonna be honest here, if CoH2 was what we had in Alpha and early closed beta i would say this game was great why? because Blizzard and 200MP firespots were making this game amazing, blizzard was slowing your units makin them die a bit fast in cold weather and you had less sight. you couldnt spam fire pots anywhere cause they were pricey but this was GOOD yees IT WAS DAMN GOOD it was making this game some hardcore prediction game i loved it, what did we face after beta and why i didnt touch the game again? amount of commanders and units being added to this game and almost EVERY single hardcore stuff in this game was being removed from the game. blizzard is more like a graphics effect now than some game changing event, this 6 men crews and 4 men crews on the other hand. i am not hiding that i didnt spend much time on this game after release in fact i only finished the single player and left the game forever until i played some 2v2 rounds with spanky cause we were losing cause of me, i had no idea how to counter the new units. but if everything was vanilla we were winning easily. all these new games call them self next generation and the only thing they have is like a simple weather change but coh2 had REAL next gen feature and that was the storm in snow maps how could relic ignore this? almost every good things about this game died in open beta and after release.
3 Jul 2014, 16:08 PM

So coh1 is good because you need micro and resource management, but coh2 is bad because you need micro nad resource management?
OP....

Lol, nice Katitof)

Arash, It's better than CoH1. You know I played that game tons, I was a big fan. But I see a huge advantage in CoH2 with this DLC system.

In your world there would be no new content, no updates, no fun new toys to keep it interesting. Sure CoH1 was great but using the same commanders every time got verrrrry samey and predictable.

To get new content
= Designers have to work
= pay money to designers
= need more money from the users who will use the content
= paid DLC.

Everyone has a choice. I've bought most new commanders but generally use the original ones because they're also strong.

3 Jul 2014, 16:10 PM

lol :) there is a reason whenever a player sucks in FPS games others call him CoD noob. but anywayi admit i havent spent that much time on CoH2, but i am gonna be honest here, if CoH2 was what we had in Alpha and early closed beta i would say this game was great why? because Blizzard and 200MP firespots were making this game amazing, blizzard was slowing your units makin them die a bit fast in cold weather and you had less sight. you couldnt spam fire pots anywhere cause they were pricey but this was GOOD yees IT WAS DAMN GOOD it was making this game some hardcore prediction game i loved it, what did we face after beta and why i didnt touch the game again? amount of commanders and units being added to this game and almost EVERY single hardcore stuff in this game was being removed from the game. blizzard is more like a graphics effect now than some game changing event, this 6 men crews and 4 men crews on the other hand. i am not hiding that i didnt spend much time on this game after release in fact i only finished the single player and left the game forever until i played some 2v2 rounds with spanky cause we were losing cause of me, i had no idea how to counter the new units. but if everything was vanilla we were winning easily. all these new games call them self next generation and the only thing they have is like a simple weather change but coh2 had REAL next gen feature and that was the storm in snow maps how could relic ignore this? almost every good things about this game died in open beta and after release.

Dude. Everyone hates blizzards. Except you it seems. They are slowing the game down and not making it any "hardcore", they are making the match just annoying and exhausting to play. I want CoH1 like fast paced matches, no campaign like matches where you could aswell chat with your opponent while spending your mp on firepits and enjoying the visuals.
3 Jul 2014, 16:14 PM
Donator 11

Strange how 4 years back being compared to COD would have been a compliment, oh they time they are changing!
3 Jul 2014, 16:34 PM

What is unskillful in CoD compared to CS? They are both basically the same thing minus killstreaks perks and weapon customization.

Uuuhhh, that's a whole different topic :D
3 Jul 2014, 16:44 PM
Patrion 14

To the OP:

kthxbye
3 Jul 2014, 16:44 PM
Patrion 27

I can't take any poster who doesn't use paragraphs seriously. He be trollin'
3 Jul 2014, 17:26 PM

Considering how much OP claims to like CoH 1, he sure did complain a lot about balance once he was losing when I played him in CoH 1.
3 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM

Considering how much OP claims to like CoH 1, he sure did complain a lot about balance once he was losing when I played him in CoH 1.

i was away from company of heroes community for ages maybe more than a year or so, because kids here just try to find something to troll about. last time i played coh1 (ranked 1v1) was before they migrate to steam servers then i was away from home for ages, second DanielD ask the old players here if its about trolling Arashenstein is unique in this tactic... seriously kid look at your post its about coh2 mechanics some random kid comes here "daddy daddy i beat this guy before"
3 Jul 2014, 17:58 PM

Dude. Everyone hates blizzards. Except you it seems. They are slowing the game down and not making it any "hardcore", they are making the match just annoying and exhausting to play. I want CoH1 like fast paced matches, no campaign like matches where you could aswell chat with your opponent while spending your mp on firepits and enjoying the visuals.

i know what you mean but dont they give us the option to select or unselect which maps we want to play on? if someone doesnt like snow then they put it out for themselves. we have enough votes to put all snow maps out in 2v2 and 1v1 as i just checked
3 Jul 2014, 18:04 PM
3 Jul 2014, 18:05 PM
3 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM

In the end it's all personal opinion of what you consider 'skill'. Judging by the list of top players I'd consider CoH2 to require less skill than CoH1. To me, that doesn't necessarily make it less fun to play. If you don't enjoy the game, don't play it.

- weapons have recoil and spray you need to counteract
- hitboxes are smaller (especially in GO) and it's more important where you hit your opponent
- money system
- grenade mechanics
- highly practiced maps (I don't think there's a map in existence that has been played as much as de_dust2. This also means that the pro teams are incredibly good at playing it.)
- no aim assist like there is for console kiddies
- movement is a lot more complicated
3 Jul 2014, 18:18 PM

Arash, It's better than CoH1.

Its gotten better but I wouldn't go that far.
3 Jul 2014, 18:30 PM

Surely, it is COD style but far from tactical or strategic level simulation when you compare it to serious CC CM series, WITE or TOAW3. It is just a game entertaining nothing more than that.
3 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM
Patrion 14

thats exactly why i call CoH2 the CoD of RTS genre, can you ever make a CoD fan like a skilled shooting game? no ofcourse not, CoD is alot easier to learn it has no complicated stuff and same goes about CoH2 vs CoH1, i loved CoH1 because you needed SKILL+ prediction + reaction to win a game or atleast survive. but in CoH2 build and click to attack that's all. the problem is people who started CoH by CoH2 will not understand this. developers make the game more easy so more people can learn and more people will buy. these days games are not made for special fans they are being made for everyone, just look around you CoH 2 is not the only one, same goes about battlefield series. you can't compare Battlefield 2 to Battlefield 3 or 4 or the news ones becuase skill is GONE in new games.

I do not know what you read from my post but i never said anything related to coh1 being more skill-hungry etc etc. I also appreciated how you look down upon my poor soul which had its first encounter with coh franchise via coh2. I also never said i haven't played coh1; i just never got into it.

just proves that your nostalgic eyeglasses are adding words in between everything other ppl say.
3 Jul 2014, 18:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

this thread is new

Sutil sarcasm.

I would consider COH2 more like the BF of the RTS.
3 Jul 2014, 18:59 PM

In the end it's all personal opinion of what you consider 'skill'. Judging by the list of top players I'd consider CoH2 to require less skill than CoH1. To me, that doesn't necessarily make it less fun to play. If you don't enjoy the game, don't play it.

- weapons have recoil and spray you need to counteract
- hitboxes are smaller (especially in GO) and it's more important where you hit your opponent
- money system
- grenade mechanics
- highly practiced maps (I don't think there's a map in existence that has been played as much as de_dust2. This also means that the pro teams are incredibly good at playing it.)
- no aim assist like there is for console kiddies
- movement is a lot more complicated

+1 how do you say i love you in Dutch? i love you ich liebe dich Ti amo <444>3 ;)
3 Jul 2014, 19:11 PM

I do not know what you read from my post but i never said anything related to coh1 being more skill-hungry etc etc. I also appreciated how you look down upon my poor soul which had its first encounter with coh franchise via coh2. I also never said i haven't played coh1; i just never got into it.

just proves that your nostalgic eyeglasses are adding words in between everything other ppl say.

why these days when ever you say something old is better than something new, people call you nostalogic? just why? let's be reasonable every company is only trying to earn money dont you see how many games are just like each other these days? only the title is different, this is not nostalgic. why should i like a system which forces me to pay to have full access to a game which i already pre ordered for $60 while in the past a game was $40 and was not following this pay to discover system? these days Beta is more like an interview to the game than a test before release and i am not referring to only CoH, to every game.
3 Jul 2014, 19:16 PM
Patrion 14

I think it's the patronizing tone.

I don't think you mean to come across as "hey, I'm a vCoH Vet, kiddos, and trust me this game just ain't as good and (chuckles) you pukes are playing it. In fact, it's like the RTS version of one of the most brain-dead FPS's on TEH PLANET!!!"

But you do. That's how you come across.

I'm 45. I played vCoH when it was released. I know that game inside out. I don't need some l337 vCoH 'name' coming here telling me what I like is braindead shit.

I was playing Avalon Hill's Squad Leader on a hex-grid when you were swimming around daddy's nutsack.

Now please go back to your basement. Kiddo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★