Login

russian armor

Are they ever gonna fix Soviet?

3 Jul 2014, 08:53 AM

Plain and simple,
soviet is currently a low risk spam army and I think they should make it more skillful/micro-rewarding.

In currently 2v2 games, conscript maxim spam, ZiS spam can hold off Ostheer t3 (in a general sense)
-- Population Cost lower = Lower Upkeep (Why is a goddamn 4-man gren takes up 7 pop cap)
-- Reinforcement Cost: 15 manpower for team weapons?! I mean come on, I understand soviet has crappy inf and stuff; but 15 mp is way too cheap, not to mention there are 6-man = less risk to lose vet. Hell, even a gren take 28 to reinforce.
-- Maxim Rotation Speed: dont need to say much about this broken part of a machine gun. Are they ever gonna fix this?
-- ZiS artillery shots: In reality, every AT guns in the war can fire HE rounds, why do soviet get this privilege?
-- Maxim ZiS spam: Easily see this in 2v2 games, maxim rotates fast enough to act like a normal inf squad. While 3 ZiS can even hold off the heaviest armor from Ostheer, it makes SU85 unnecessary.

Edit:
-- KV8: Boring Inf Raping Machine (Credit: Barton)
-- Some Fixed BS: ISU152 / KV2 / Sniper in Clown Car
-- 2-men boring sniper team (Credit:ShadowTreasurer)

I am not saying it's unbeatable or Overpowered, but since they nerfed all artilleries (LeFH18, werfer), it simply promotes inf spamming and camping. It's BORING to play with or play against.
I think soviet can have more varieties in tactics instead of just spamming crappy inf (every game is the same), more options like the USA from COH1 will be more fun to play.

IT IS BORING (since some people only read the title and comment)
It is boring to play as spammer, it is also boring to play against spammer
3 Jul 2014, 09:06 AM

try the mortar halftrack and its incendiary round

NOW GO I UNLEASH YOU
3 Jul 2014, 09:09 AM

Have you played usf?
3 Jul 2014, 09:16 AM

forgot to mention that KV-8 is still the best thing to counter infantry at a very low cost and with good health and armor
3 Jul 2014, 10:10 AM

plain and simple?

try owning as hard with soviets as you claim they own
3 Jul 2014, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 10:10 AMbogeuh
plain and simple?

try owning as hard with soviets as you claim they own

That's a good point, any player saying that an army owns hard should posts replays of them owning with it. Like Barton and some other top players do, they prove it's true.

However I don't think this guy was saying it "owns hard". He's saying that the simplicity of the faction makes it boring and frustrating to play against.

Next time you run into 5 MGs with artillery-AT guns, think to yourself "Is this fun?"
3 Jul 2014, 11:46 AM

Soviets need a redesign. A lot of the Soviet strats aren't combined arms, and are just cheese.

Weapon teams (maxims, snipers+guards, w/e), mainly maxims, act as "core attacking units" with conscripts being "secondary/support" infantry, which should be changed around.

3 Jul 2014, 11:57 AM

Soviets are probably the hardest faction to play, with Wehrmacht being the easiest.

They're very focused on cheese but they've always been much more difficult to get working.
3 Jul 2014, 12:48 PM

forgot to mention that KV-8 is still the best thing to counter infantry at a very low cost and with good health and armor

well... how could you forget KV-8? Is the soviet top cheese comming on a golden plate. Deadly on infantry and nearly unkillable.
3 Jul 2014, 12:49 PM

well... how could you forget KV-8? Is the soviet top cheese comming on a golden plate. Deadly on infantry and nearly unkillable.

"Oh em gee, something punished me for ignoring tiering and saving up for Tiger spam! OP NURF!"
3 Jul 2014, 13:11 PM

That's a good point, any player saying that an army owns hard should posts replays of them owning with it. Like Barton and some other top players do, they prove it's true.

However I don't think this guy was saying it "owns hard". He's saying that the simplicity of the faction makes it boring and frustrating to play against.

Next time you run into 5 MGs with artillery-AT guns, think to yourself "Is this fun?"

lol that is what I said.
Finally someone who comments after reading the content instead of the title.

It is BORING (BOLD)
3 Jul 2014, 13:13 PM

Soviets are probably the hardest faction to play, with Wehrmacht being the easiest.

They're very focused on cheese but they've always been much more difficult to get working.

What is more difficult about Soviets? People always throw such comments into the room but don't back it up with any facts.
3 Jul 2014, 13:13 PM

3 Jul 2014, 13:18 PM

USA in COH1 is hard because you need to flank with creativity.
PE in CoH1 is hard because you need to micro your paper cars.

Soviet in CoH2 is BORING and NOT HARD (kind of) because you can run your conscript into a MG42 (the best machine gun in WWII) and throw a goddamn molotov, and reinforce with 15 manpower.
3 Jul 2014, 13:35 PM

and reinforce with 15 manpower.

I recommend starting your whining career by first checking the most basic numbers involved in the game.
3 Jul 2014, 13:36 PM

Soviet in CoH2 is BORING and NOT HARD (kind of) because you can run your conscript into a MG42 (the best machine gun in WWII) and throw a goddamn molotov, and reinforce with 15 manpower.

A) Stop your fanboy, the MG42 was just a machine gun, not the 'best'. Highest rate of fire, but also bad for barrel ware, ammo inefficient, and inaccurate. Well used, but not the objective 'best'.

B) No, you can't. MG42's suppress any infantry in the first burst, and crawling is slow as anything. Only works if your opponent has cover, and keeps crawling (through cover), or you didn't have full LoS, or flanks with multiple units, etc.

If it's just one oorah unit, get the suppress, get a second burst off, pack up and fall back a little, and resume fire. Re-positioning is not hard and really, really useful.

C) Conscripts are 20MP a piece, that one isn't even objective, it's just 100% wrong
3 Jul 2014, 13:49 PM

Plain and simple,
-- Population Cost lower = Lower Upkeep (Why is a goddamn 4-man gren takes up 7 pop cap)

Because grenadiers actually scale well into the lategame. Conscripts do not.

-- Reinforcement Cost: 15 manpower for team weapons?! I mean come on, I understand soviet has crappy inf and stuff; but 15 mp is way too cheap, not to mention there are 6-man = less risk to lose vet. Hell, even a gren take 28 to reinforce.

All weapon crews have a 25% mp discount compared to baseline infantry. Why should soviets pay a premium for their crews while the 3 other faction get a discount?

-- Maxim Rotation Speed: dont need to say much about this broken part of a machine gun. Are they ever gonna fix this?

Maxims are the only thing that the soviets have that has both legs and that is worth getting. Without OP maxims the soviet combined arms army is a bad joke.

-- ZiS artillery shots: In reality, every AT guns in the war can fire HE rounds, why do soviet get this privilege?

Because the ZIS3 gun has bad AT-capabilities. A PAK40 has a significantly higher rate of fire and better penetration. Asymmetrical balance. Why do germans get the privalige to upgrade their baseline infantry with heavy weapons while soviets can't? Asymmetrical balance.

-- Maxim ZiS spam: Easily see this in 2v2 games, maxim rotates fast enough to act like a normal inf squad. While 3 ZiS can even hold off the heaviest armor from Ostheer, it makes SU85 unnecessary.

Maxim/zis spam is extremely vulnerable to artillery. L2adapt. Hit the field guns with artillery and roll in with your tanks to finish them of and force off the maxims.

I agree that the soviets can be boring to play and to play against. This is because soviet combined arms isn't that great and they rely heavily on doctrinal cheesy stuff to make up for their lack of good stock units.

I play a lot of 1v1 as soviets, and I can tell you that the only way you are going to stand up to the germans with soviets is when you abuse the shit out of some units and a very small set of doctrines. If you try something more fun like a combined arms army with irregulars and a howitzer you will just get stomped by unkillable tigers in the late game.
3 Jul 2014, 14:27 PM

Maxim/zis spam is extremely vulnerable to artillery. L2adapt. Hit the field guns with artillery and roll in with your tanks to finish them of and force off the maxims.

Very funny dude, very funny.
You have 3 Luftwaffe supply dropping fuel for a 4 mins walking stuka?
3 Jul 2014, 14:29 PM

Very funny dude, very funny.
You have 3 Luftwaffe supply dropping fuel for a 4 mins walking stuka?

If there only existed a mortar like unit, but with better accuracy, rof and projectile speed, they could make it an infantry gun of sorts and add it maybe to one of the starting trucks so OKW have reliable counter to weapon team spam early game...
3 Jul 2014, 14:36 PM

If there only existed a mortar like unit, but with better accuracy, rof and projectile speed, they could make it an infantry gun of sorts and add it maybe to one of the starting trucks so OKW have reliable counter to weapon team spam early game...

Medic Truck as first truck? good luck.
Katitoff, just please, play the fucking game before you shittalk again.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★