Login

russian armor

All replays working in -dev mode

30 Jun 2014, 21:54 PM
Donator 11

The title says it all, this would be really awesome feature to have, because i hate when i have old version replays to watch and i can't do it. Im not sure how they could get the replays work after buffs and nerfs, but im sure the devs have their ways :)
30 Jun 2014, 22:02 PM
Patrion 14

I think you just answered your own question. New stats mess up replays since replays are not a video or anything, just units running across the map with the orders you put in and rng results saved. When new stats are out in, it will mess with outcome of replay -> broken replay. :/
30 Jun 2014, 22:24 PM

Yeah, the only bad thing is when replays get wiped for patches that do nothing but add videos.
30 Jun 2014, 22:32 PM
Coder Red Badge

If a patch doesn't change any stats files, all you have to do is edit the replay with a hex editor and change the game version to the current patch version and the game will recognize and run it fine. It's simple really, the game version is stored in the first 4 bytes of the replay.

CoH2's engine is just an overhauled version of vCoH's engine. It would take a whole lot of major code changes in order to allow replays from previous versions to be played after patches. It likely wouldn't be worth it for Relic to add a feature like that.
1 Jul 2014, 14:42 PM
Donator 11

So if i change the replay game version, the replay will work as long as it can with the current stats, or will it just not start?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★