Login

russian armor

Opels are broken-----Bugged after the recent update

10 Jul 2014, 13:30 PM

Why is there even an Opel in a doctrine if it doesn´t do shit? A cache gives you and your teammate resources for the same price. There is no reason in getting it. The amount of strafes can also be achieved with caches and your teammate gets stuff too. With the Opel he doesn´t.

What´s there not to understand? Why would I get that over a cache in team-games?

Two players get munitions and fuel > One player getting munitions and fuel.

You seriously want to tell me there is no drawback in this? Good, I honestly didn´t expect a useful answer from you anyway.

So you get 100% boost for the team or 200% boost for yourself for the same price.
And you can still get cache+opel for immense boost for yourself, no other doctrine have something as cost effective as this.

You're just being extremely dense and in denial here, nothing more.

Soviet industry doesn't give fuel bonus for everyone else. Muni to fuel conversion doesn't give the muni for everyone. Even luftwaffe drops give 50 fuel regardless of number of players.

Why do you believe opels should be any different here?

Give me one, single solid argument.
"Because it used to" is not an argument, because it was a balance issue ever since release of the commander, which means forever.
10 Jul 2014, 13:36 PM

I think it's still viable in 2v2 team games, as its cost efficiency is the same as a cache. But yeah above 2v2 it only makes sense to build it after all own (and secure) sectors are stuffed with caches.
10 Jul 2014, 16:30 PM

@Cardboard

You are largely correct, now in team games you should defer to a cache. However, if the game begins to drag (or you expect it will) you might consider also getting an Opel.

Now you can "Over secure" a point in a sense (OP and Opel). If you are toe to toe with another player in the long run you can earn more resources than they can. Even though this doesn't help your ally you still benefit and can thus be of greater strength to the team.

Opel moves from early team game "must have" that gave an unfair advantage (especially in larger teams), to a strategic decision, which I think is good.

Ignore Katitof, he is correct in a sense but belligerent.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment