Login

russian armor

What's your Jagdpanzer IV tactics

28 Jun 2014, 05:32 AM

OKW can go Jagdpanzer IV or Panther. The latter is well known, but how do you use the first effectively against T-34s, Shermans, and M-10/M-36s?
28 Jun 2014, 05:38 AM

Easy. It outranges half the list and is more durable than those that have the same range. Its not THAT slow; t34 is barely faster than it. If some tank does charge you, face it and reverse, killing it on the move. Also, it is super accurate, and as far as i am aware, rarely ever deflects off of them. (Its frontal armor also blocks a lot of t34 shells). I find it to be a good AT alternative when sneaking up or shooting from afar at a defensive position.
28 Jun 2014, 05:39 AM

You use it like SU-85s, A long range AT gun. That means keep it supported, and keep stuff in front spotting for it. My advice for your first one is to keep it hidden until you spot armor, Its not like it will do a whole lot anyways, and the element of surprise is very valuable.
28 Jun 2014, 05:52 AM

I know, it's similar to the SU-85. However, unlike the SU it comes out a time when in a even match, it's outnumbered by 1 or 2 AFV often wielding turrets and by factions with proper anti-tank guns.

I think the invisibility needs vet to activate.

The first AT AFV for OKW is either: Puma or Jagdpanzer IV (around the same cost including teching). The second, if the game develops, can be either Jagpanzer IV or Panther.

Jagd4 doesn't have agility and is defensive in nature, while the Puma is offensive.
28 Jun 2014, 06:01 AM

From the streams I've seen its armour is rock solid, something that the SU-85 can't do.
28 Jun 2014, 06:47 AM

Its front armor is 210, rear 80.

I'd like to hear how people have used the Jagdpanzer to actually seek and destroy tanks and how they coordinated it with their infantry/support weapons.
28 Jun 2014, 06:52 AM

It's basically a blind SU-85 with superior armour and weaponry. It heavily relies on other units to provide LOS and watch the flanks. It's not terrible, but I recommend you get a Panther if you can. The Panther if faster, stronger, and much more self-reliant. It's one of the few reliable keystone units that OKW can muster since they sorely lack medium armour.
28 Jun 2014, 07:01 AM

Jagdpanzer has camouflague with vet and it allows you to hide you vehicle to make great ambushes ^^.
28 Jun 2014, 08:27 AM

I recommend you get a Panther if you can.

Isn't the 120 fuel extra most of the time too long to wait for?
28 Jun 2014, 08:45 AM

That's why I said "if you can".
28 Jun 2014, 09:50 AM

I prefer Jagdpanzer, altho it's acuracy sometimes pisses me off when it cant hit ambulance 3 times in a row, but this tank is good at defense and it can cloak at vet 1
28 Jun 2014, 13:32 PM

I know, it's similar to the SU-85. However, unlike the SU it comes out a time when in a even match, it's outnumbered by 1 or 2 AFV often wielding turrets and by factions with proper anti-tank guns.

I think the invisibility needs vet to activate.

The first AT AFV for OKW is either: Puma or Jagdpanzer IV (around the same cost including teching). The second, if the game develops, can be either Jagpanzer IV or Panther.

Jagd4 doesn't have agility and is defensive in nature, while the Puma is offensive.

Jagdpanzer4 cost something like 400 MP and 135 fuel, when you consider that the T2 truck isnt all that expensive it can come out at the same time if you want it to. If you go further and get the Tier 3 truck and maybe something else like the flack track then you will need a shreck or so or the little AT guns.

On that note some advice for supporting your stuff with the little AT guns, they actually turn really fast in buildings and get the extra sight / survivalability they need to punch tanks, If you can, I highly suggest garrisoning them.
28 Jun 2014, 13:53 PM

I make T2, T3 and T4 in that order. T2 is vital for me and is the first fuel purchase because of the healing and due to my playstyle.

For me so far I don't like using the 20mm HT. I'd rather use that fuel to fast Puma as counter(hunt down scout cars or AA HT) or use that fuel for the first tank.

I shift all munitions to grenades and shrecks. I don't like the rakwerfer (make it only reactively) because I feel that it's not effective use of manpower & since I don't make the 20mm HT (my early game play rests on effective use of infantry) I prefer having more volksgrens w/ shrecks for early AT.

If I go fast Jagdpanzer instead of Puma, the problem lies in the fact that the Jagdpanzer doesn't have agility and the same type of offensive vehicle hunting ability as the Puma. It requires some coordination with infantry/support weapons which I am asking about here.

The Panther is much superior to the Jagdpanzer IV but the delay for waiting for it can be intolerable.
28 Jun 2014, 14:33 PM

Jpz IV + tank traps = ftw
28 Jun 2014, 14:34 PM

Btw, a question about the Puma: How does their "accurate Shot" work? Is it like the old Ostheer "Stun round" or is it exactly as it says? "It stops the turret from rotating"?
28 Jun 2014, 14:44 PM

Btw, a question about the Puma: How does their "accurate Shot" work? Is it like the old Ostheer "Stun round" or is it exactly as it says? "It stops the turret from rotating"?

It ensures a critical hit as far as I know.
28 Jun 2014, 15:57 PM

Preliminary assault strat:

Rush Jagdpanzer IV. Only deploy it with a support team with available manpower. Weakness of assault group is the fact that infantry can be separated from the Jagdpanzer, and then the Jagdpanzer will be defeated in detail.

Possible Support teams:

1. Sturmpios, Volksgrens w/ PzS, Panzerfusilier
2. Sturmpios, Volksgrens w/PzS, MG34
3. Sturmpios, Volksgrens w/ pzS

40 fuel later build T4 at your strongest forward position, then build obersoldaten to support Jagdpanzer.
28 Jun 2014, 15:59 PM

Jagdpanzer + 1 shreck + 1 raketenwefer and maybe mines.
28 Jun 2014, 18:28 PM

Jpz IV + tank traps = ftw

I think people are still getting used to the fact that tank traps exist, we've all moved on from the campy defensive mindset of CoH1.
28 Jun 2014, 18:56 PM

I think people are still getting used to the fact that tank traps exist, we've all moved on from the campy defensive mindset of CoH1.

Into something worse....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS