Login

russian armor

What War Spoils have you won?

PAGES (14)down
13 Jul 2014, 15:29 PM

I disagree, and I voiced my concern that people will be damaging their computer just to get war spoils. Summertime is the boon for computer repair services and component sales thanks to gaming and other intensive activities.

It's humid and in the 80, 90 degrees F now in my area and computers heat up a lot. My AFK desktop was hanging around in a non-air conditioned room.

I used HW monitor to keep track of the temperature. After 6 hours of nonstop farming on the lowest settings, the graphics card heated up way too much (105 Celsius plus) to be considered safe. I have 3 fans blowing the inside of my desktop and I cleaned up the inside, too.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 18:34 PMSlaYoU
I get what stopped you from farming. To be perfectly honest, as long as you don't live in a trppical country in which leaving a PC working 20hours/day is a bad idea, i think you SHOULD use what's available to farm.
14 Jul 2014, 00:01 AM

Hence why i added "as long as you don't live in a tropical country". I know in some places PCs do not being turned on for too long.
14 Jul 2014, 00:18 AM

I'm sorry but I think that many of you might have forgot something: Who is the user of your computer? Relic or you ?

I ain't gonna lie but I have spend more hours in COH2 since when WFA come out than seeing my parents and friends. I play 1vs1,2vs2,3vs3,4vs4 and even tried to farm but then after like 3,4 days ago I just come up with 1 thing: RNG god hates me:

- 82 hours last 2 weeks against many high rank players in 1vs1, 2vs2 and many 4vs4 as allies I don't have any new WFA commanders but only some bulletins ( only 10% worth using ) and a Ostheer commander that I already have.

Fine, I don't give a flying f***. I came to COH2 for competitive match, for fun game not dying to get something that 100% based on luck.Without a proper explain from Relic about many problems with this War spoil system, I came to accepted that this system have too many negatives about it but Relic will ( yeah I hope ) sooner or later have to make change to it.

For some games like Dota 2, CS:GO 100% drop based on luck is fine but for a game like COH2 that commanders play a important role is just .. frankly, bad.

Using those farming time you could let your computer get some rest, play other awesome games! or maybe watching a movie. Time is gold and the same thing goes for your PC. Don't forced your PC to burn your money and time but rather use it creatively :D.

But I know I know, it's your PC, your money not mine. I only say it from my way of thinking. I just finish reading the manga " All You Need Is Kill " that the awesome movie " Edge of Tomorrow " based on :D and able to finish tomb raider + goes back to reading more light novels.

I love COH2 from the day it when alpha stresss test till today when German team become the new champion of World cup 2014 and that love is still there but just not the same.
14 Jul 2014, 00:19 AM

Got the OKW elite armour commander.

Seems better suited to team games than 1v1 unfortunately. But I'm using it anyway since the cp2 ability is great for hunting down american halftracks.
14 Jul 2014, 13:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So, two weeks

77 hours played (though that includes a lot of disconnects)

Up to level 60

Mostly played OKW, a little bit of US, tiny amount of OKH and next to no Sov

Total Spoils:

Faceplates

U Studded x2

U Engraved

OKH

R Elite Armoured

C +5 Kubelspeed

C -10 Jagdtiger dispatch

C -10 PanzerFusilier dispatch

U +5 Panther Command Speed

C +4 Puma Pen

C +3 Mountain Gun Barrage Accuracy

C +3 Mountain Gun Barrage Accuracy

C -10 IR HT Build

C +5 Base HT speed

U Lt Skin

U Blinding Victory Strike

US

R Recon Support

C -5 M20 mine cost

C -5 M20 mine cost

C +5 M8 Cannistar recharge

OKH

C +5 222 Armour

C -10 222/T70/M3 build

U Med Skin

Sov

U +10 IS2 Vet

U +4 IS 2 Pen

U Incen Artillery Strike

14 Jul 2014, 17:21 PM

A lottery system as the main upgrade system of a game is the worst possible system every, its fine for random small things or a secondary system in a game but when it controls commanders, a major factor in the game, no, just no. At least give us a choice of 3-5 things when a spoil comes up, let use have some kinda of control with this torment.
14 Jul 2014, 18:48 PM

Its obvious the only reason they implimented this system is to try stir up activity (i.e. force people to play more), not to actually be a good system of leveling up.
14 Jul 2014, 19:40 PM
Patrion 14

Loads more playing.

One more victory strike.

MVGame.
14 Jul 2014, 21:33 PM

Its obvious the only reason they implimented this system is to try stir up activity (i.e. force people to play more), not to actually be a good system of leveling up.

yeah. remember that image they released after one of these free weekends? "10 gazillion hours spent in multiplayer". only this time theyre aiming waaaaaaay higher
14 Jul 2014, 21:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I've played a lot, not sure about total hours but you can look at my player card for a rough idea.

I've found mechanized company for US and whatever commander lets you bring in two p4s as OKW.

I've also found a handful of skins and a bunch of bulletins... hooray...
14 Jul 2014, 21:54 PM
Patrion 310

:(... Chicken wants commanders... :(.
14 Jul 2014, 22:05 PM

They implemented because all the children bitched and moaned about PAY2WIN.

14 Jul 2014, 22:56 PM

They implemented because all the children bitched and moaned about PAY2WIN.

Not an excuse at all, there are tons of other systems the could have used. Even in basic game design it's known that lottery systems are horrible, punishing and frustrating system when they are the core unlock system for the game, it = pure grinding and counter intuitive to good game design. They work great for a secondary or bonus system, not a core.

If they want to monetize and make money, which they do(original P2W commanders) they need to charge for vehicle skins, unit skins, faceplates, victory strikes, do it exactly like LoL or dota, anything purely aesthetic equals money in the bank, anything game play wise needs to be progress in some way other than a damn RNG. Commanders and bulletins need to be progressed to in some way, leveling, in-game currency, hell even a pick 1 out of 3 lottery prize system is better than the current.

Lottery systems as a main game mechanic are literately thee worst possible system to have. they are seriously worst than have no system at all, at least a no system allows customization and creativity(Look at the Wargame series).

RNG unlocks promote nothing other than pure grinding to people that actually love the game and want to progress, and well anyone that doesn't care what they unlock wont care regardless of the system in place so they'd be unaffected with a system change.
15 Jul 2014, 09:28 AM

Pretty dire this spoils system what with all the duplicates that do not stack. So far have not gotten a single new commander, but a couple of old duplicate ones. A torrent of skins (and duplicates) and old faction bulletins. Funnily enough, only got three US bulletins, and of those two were the exact same.

RElic needs to put in a system to swap duplicates, this is getting ridiculous.
15 Jul 2014, 09:36 AM

Well if they add bulletin crafting system that would be nice. You know guys... 5 commons into 1 ucommon and so on..
15 Jul 2014, 09:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I think it has now been established that bulletins do stack

And I think some of them could be very useful that way
15 Jul 2014, 10:58 AM

Well when you put two duplicates (ie 2x t34 +4 armour) then one of them is blanked out when the game starts, so that only two out of three bulletins are visible. Surely that indicates they do not stack?
15 Jul 2014, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 10:58 AMDeca
Well when you put two duplicates (ie 2x t34 +4 armour) then one of them is blanked out when the game starts, so that only two out of three bulletins are visible. Surely that indicates they do not stack?

Graphical bug. Devs confirmed bonuses stack and are multiplicative.
15 Jul 2014, 11:52 AM

Ah thx, yet another bug they need to fix then.
15 Jul 2014, 19:50 PM

:clap: 1 commander (Elephant with hull down, I already had that one) in ~45 hours... I know we should not mention anything else, but except for 2 bulletins, 2 skins and 1 finishing move I only received duplicates (none of which one would like to stack in case of bulletins). The drops are as balanced and well thought as everything new relic puts up :clap:
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS