Login

russian armor

What War Spoils have you won?

PAGES (14)down
12 Jul 2014, 12:50 PM

After a particularly hard fought 53 minute 2v2 I got hold of 2 bulletins in a single drop... not bad... until I opened them up and found that I had a duplicate of an SU-76M bulletin and an M8 bulletin... which I can't get because I don't have the doctrine... Bah... I'm hoping against hope to get one of those 2 new Soviet commanders... but I'm not holding my breath...
12 Jul 2014, 13:45 PM

yeah i guess youre right about the commander drops.

my steam profile now says i got 208 hours played in the last two weeks xD

i had about 80 warspoil drops so far. most of them bulletins (got some triple okw ones)
but i got 4 commanders in total. 2 of them new ones. and that was with hardcore botgame grinding while being afk.... which is pretty stupid. i would have never been able to get them by playing normal games, which is super frustrating. i just cant handle more then a couple of automatch games a day due to reallife and the amount of stress i experience during these game (seriously some games have me shaking after they finish)
im going to make an official thread about this, but im going to mention it again: we need a system that rewards the time youve played, but also rewards you if you win. we also need ppl to be able to choose what they want to get. all in all we need a point based system, rewarding automatches only. no compstomp grinding. give a player points for doing dmg in an automatch (scaled down for bigger teamgames since its easier to do dmg there). give some incentive to actually win games (like a 1.XX point boost)
and here comes the most important part: players CAN choose what to get for their accumulated points.
i dont mind commanders being really expensive as long as i know after XX hours of gaming i will get one... not some random ass bulletin i already had 2x.
12 Jul 2014, 13:53 PM

You're absolutely right on spam.r33k. All this real grinding is not good for somebody, and farming bots is just dumb.

Let us trade in our duplicates for stuff we do want or give us a choice after games.

I won a cluster of 4 commanders I already own, so it might be a long time until I get one I can use. I wish I could have bought some Ost ones before they locked it, probably could have got what I wanted with 6 euros in a steam sale.
12 Jul 2014, 14:44 PM

Lol second update in less than 2 hours: just got the last Oberkommando commander, fortifications, which makes me the happy owner of the 3 Ober premium doctrines, +1 USF :)

Random and luck at its finest ! I'm waiting for the Rifle company to start playing USF, which i haven't even tested so far.

PS:
To give an approximation of the grinding i put into this: the ingame count of my games on City17 is at 89 match played so far, with maybe 5 games played before WFA + a few games where i forgot to set the win condition (which forced me to relaunch a game, and trigger the +1 to the counter)

=> average farming game length: 1hour with 3 allied 'hard' soviets versus 4 'standard' Wehrmacht. I tailored the games lengths by turning some of my allies to 'expert' to reduce length at times of need, and prolonged games lengths by turning opponents to 'hard' (when i went to bed or to work, in which case the longer the game, the happier i was).

If it can help... ;)
12 Jul 2014, 14:48 PM

What do you guys use as settings for farming ? 4v4 with normal bots and you go afk and wait for the IA to finish the game itself ?
12 Jul 2014, 14:49 PM

What do you guys use as settings for farming ? 4v4 with normal bots and you go afk and wait for the IA to finish the game itself ?

Just updated my previous post to include how i set up my games ;)
12 Jul 2014, 14:52 PM

Thank you man, i'm going to set City 17 as OKW with 3 allied hard wher and 4 normal soviets. Then i'll go praying to get my OKW commanders...

BTW : did you use annihilation or VP ?
12 Jul 2014, 15:33 PM

Thank you man, i'm going to set City 17 as OKW with 3 allied hard wher and 4 normal soviets. Then i'll go praying to get my OKW commanders...

BTW : did you use annihilation or VP ?

I strongly advise you to NOT use wehr allies, as they are somewhat weaker than soviets. Try to stick to the settings i used. As for the game mode, VP 1000 = 1h-1h30', 500 = 30'-40', and 250 even less. When u just had a 1h30 or 2h game long, it is usually better to setup a series of shorter games to 'trigger' a spoils drop, as it seems that the game makes you allowed for a spoils once every 2h-3h of playtime. After what you have a % to get a spoils, and % is higher if the triggering game lasts long.

As a rule of thumb, i just played 1h-1h20 games everytime, and chained them while in windowed mode with ingame sounds turned off (even with sound turned off, one of your soldiers will still speak to cheer about the victory, which is a good time to switch back to game and launch a new one. I know this sounds like a very "industrial" method, but we are talking about grinding, right ? :)
12 Jul 2014, 17:42 PM

I won Fortification and Scavange Doctrine Commanders - pretty quick actually - maybe 20-30 hours playtime - guess i was lucky.
BUT ... since then i got LOADS of double skins and bulletins.
If Relic would only exclude doubles to be dropped - that'd make a huge difference.
12 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM

I farmed for 30 hours over a week ago and the most effective settings are AI @ normal difficulty. I preferred using 2 v 2, 1000 VP. They will go on for over two hours or more. Ditto for 4 v 4.

Anything more than 2 1/2 or 3 hours is a waste as the timer will not count those hours.

also, I stacked the AI evenly 3 v 3 or 1 v 1 (all AI). If the AI is uneven, one side will win too quickly.

I was happy to win Mechanized pretty soon after I started farming but the subsequent wins (2 vcoh commanders) irritated me greatly so I quit. I respect the health of my desktop too much, lol.
12 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM

I get what stopped you from farming. To be perfectly honest, as long as you don't live in a trppical country in which leaving a PC working 20hours/day is a bad idea, i think you SHOULD use what's available to farm.

It is all about luck, as long as you farm long enough, you should get all unlockable WFA commanders. So far, even if i don't have enough a sample to reach perfect conclusions, i never had a duplicate WFA commander, and i got 4 out of 6. Which would lead me to the conclusion that Relic built the system so that people eventually get all 6 of them once a long enough playtime has been spent (still the random part can mean someone will get them 50 hours in, as opposed to 200hours and more for another player).

Don't give up !
nee
13 Jul 2014, 03:16 AM

Hey guys I made a thread in the Lobby area that's about putting down the time that's spent between war spoils, so people can get an idea of how frequent war spoils are dropped among players. If you guys want to do the same feel free to do the same. It's a bit tedious but I think it's a fun way to engage the war spoils sytem by trying to figure out the math behind it

EDIT: the link if you can't find it is
http://www.coh2.org/topic/20309/report-the-time-between-your-war-spoils

Anways my latest war spoils is an OKW two-tone skin for medium vehicles. It's actually really out of place as it's brown and black for winter maps. Because my Panther needs to look like its riding through snow covered in fresh feces, right?
13 Jul 2014, 03:26 AM
Patrion 310

Seriously Relic at least give us the option to buy the new commanders. This is getting ridiculous with all the duplicates. Played the new factions over 200 hours and all I got was Soviet/Ostheer commanders that I have already. 3 Terror commanders so :huhsign: + 3 other duplicates.
All useless.

So basicly to get a good chance to get the new commanders I have to get a new steam account and then buy only the new factions so decrease the chance of getting duplicates. Brilliant!.
13 Jul 2014, 09:26 AM

Seriously Relic at least give us the option to buy the new commanders. This is getting ridiculous with all the duplicates. Played the new factions over 200 hours and all I got was Soviet/Ostheer commanders that I have already. 3 Terror commanders so :huhsign: + 3 other duplicates.
All useless.

So basicly to get a good chance to get the new commanders I have to get a new steam account and then buy only the new factions so decrease the chance of getting duplicates. Brilliant!.

And even, i don't think it would make you "useless commander proof". I heard vCoH2 winning US and Ober items, and the other way around...
13 Jul 2014, 09:34 AM

I got a reckon commander.

I'm happy.

It was 2nd last on my list of "WANT!", but I'm still happy. Greyhounds are fun but come too late.
13 Jul 2014, 10:43 AM
Patrion 310

Still no new commander for me... its frustrating... two times the same skin I already had... :(. Thats no fun... just boring... :(.
:*(
13 Jul 2014, 10:44 AM

got armored doctrine for OKW, those PzIV comes so late, no smoke, but dat gun with HEAT rounds :D

Nice bug too when you upgrade both the gunner and the commandant they are just floating in each other. I'm now quite sure that they implemented this system of 1 commander every 1000 games on purpose because it will delay the time when everyone would see all problems with unfinished game.
13 Jul 2014, 11:47 AM

Still nothing of use, got T34 pen bulletin while playing as USA wooo....
13 Jul 2014, 12:40 PM

Just got a duplicate Fallschirmjaeger bulletin... eurghh.
13 Jul 2014, 12:51 PM
Patrion 310

Sniff another bulletin I already have... still no new commander for Chickenface... Chicken sad :(..... and getting angry :(.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS