Login

russian armor

US Forward Base of Operation

27 Jun 2014, 16:35 PM

This tactic allows you to create a forward makeshift base where units can reinforce and heal off.
For this you shall require: A Major
A Military Ambulance
Very quick and easy. Just behind your front line place your major in cover and set him as a 'Retreat point', this means that any retreating units shall fall back to the Major if he is closer to them, which he will be. You then place the ambulance next to the Major. Retreat a damaged unit back to the Major and then use the ambulance to reinforce them, if they need healing then disembark the Medics and then click 'First aid', this will heal the units.
The major can use his special abilities such as the combined artillery to support the front line troops.
Feedback would be appreciated, thanks! :D
27 Jun 2014, 20:49 PM

This tactic allows you to create a forward makeshift base where units can reinforce and heal off.
For this you shall require: A Major
A Military Ambulance
Very quick and easy. Just behind your front line place your major in cover and set him as a 'Retreat point', this means that any retreating units shall fall back to the Major if he is closer to them, which he will be. You then place the ambulance next to the Major. Retreat a damaged unit back to the Major and then use the ambulance to reinforce them, if they need healing then disembark the Medics and then click 'First aid', this will heal the units.
The major can use his special abilities such as the combined artillery to support the front line troops.
Feedback would be appreciated, thanks! :D

This is a basic strategy and one everyone will become aware of quickly. Keep in mind that this does bunch up your troops close to the front line so if your opponent finds your forward base they will hit it hard with indirect fire or call-ins. also keep in mind that if troops are falling back to the Major they are not stopping by your base to upgrade to BAR's or Bazookas. be sure to turn off his 'Retreat Point' ability from time to time so troops can/will fall back to the base to rearm.

Here's a little pro tip. when you move your Ambulance to the new 'Retreat Point' have the crew/medics jump out and have your Rear Echelon Troops jump in. this way the Ambulance can still reinforce and heal, and during cool-down the medics will still be healing injured troops. that way you can more easily maintain a constant healing instead of having to wait for the ambulance ability to be ready after cool-down.
27 Jun 2014, 20:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

This is clearly the way they meant the faction to be played. Major + Ambulance works great. I've been careful about microing my units away from each other the second they reach my Major, otherwise one stray shell and the whole army is dead.
27 Jun 2014, 21:11 PM

Yeah I've been doing this combo whenever I get my major. Also remember that major gets the awesome plane recon + artillery call combo so you don't need doctrinal abilities to do that.

Question: what are people's take on ambulance? Do you get medic out and leave them at your base to heal automatically (put rear echelon to man the ambulance)? Or is it better to leave them man the ambulance and use the heal ability manually?

Seems like if you get your ambulance early, then maybe it's best to leave medic at your base so you can heal manually and get some forward reinforcement you can soft-retreat to. Then when major comes out, move medic close to major.
27 Jun 2014, 21:45 PM

Yeah I've been doing this combo whenever I get my major. Also remember that major gets the awesome plane recon + artillery call combo so you don't need doctrinal abilities to do that.

Question: what are people's take on ambulance? Do you get medic out and leave them at your base to heal automatically (put rear echelon to man the ambulance)? Or is it better to leave them man the ambulance and use the heal ability manually?

Seems like if you get your ambulance early, then maybe it's best to leave medic at your base so you can heal manually and get some forward reinforcement you can soft-retreat to. Then when major comes out, move medic close to major.

Does the medic squad automatically heal? It seemed like it was still a manual ability, so I didn't really bother taking him out other than to cap and to shoot his pistol.
2 Jul 2014, 20:13 PM

Does the medic squad automatically heal? It seemed like it was still a manual ability, so I didn't really bother taking him out other than to cap and to shoot his pistol.

Yup Medic will automatically heal troops that are close to them. but this is very short range. so make sure that if you leave him at your base to put him at a point where the troops bunch up.
2 Jul 2014, 21:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If was playing Ostheer, which I'm not, I would be taking Close Air Support, looking for these and nuking them from orbit.

It's a very high value target.
3 Jul 2014, 17:56 PM

If was playing Ostheer, which I'm not, I would be taking Close Air Support, looking for these and nuking them from orbit.

It's a very high value target.

true. I've been trying to train myself to move the forward base around some to keep the other player guessing. But it's hard to remember to do that if you've found a nice safe spot to give it up and move. Usually I remember to move it if enemy forces start to get close to finding it or if they call in a recon plane and it locates it.
3 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM

Ive been doing this since the first game I made a major, pretty basic stuff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment