Login

russian armor

US vs Early Flack-Track

26 Jun 2014, 04:35 AM

So a build I have been beaten badly by as Americans vs OKW is like two or three units into a fast AA flack track. As Americans this truck hits about the time you have 5-6 units, generally mostly rifle men. I guess my problem is that Unless you happen to skip T2 and get the Captain, you are basically relying on a Halftrack of your own, or A bazooka because they are very munitions heavy. All the while this thing is driving about ruining any rifle mans day.

Any advice for predicting / countering effectively?
26 Jun 2014, 04:50 AM

If you went Lieutenant Tech then you already have your answer.

The American M15 Anti-Air Halftrack is better than the OKW version. When stationary, the M15 AA Halftrack will fire its 37mm cannon rapidly. The 37mm cannon will tear the OKW Flak-track to pieces.

Catch the OKW Flak-track offguard and it is easy pickings. It has to setup to fire and the US M15 can kill it before it sets up and fires at you.

If you went M20 Utility Car you have a few choices:
1) Take the crew out and fight it with a Bazooka. M20 crew has a Bazooka.
2) Park your M20 right next to the Flak-track. The Flak-track has a really small minimum range. It cannot hit things that are directly next to it. It also has to setup and "unsetup" so you can exploit that immobility to get close. This is the mirco-heavy counter but I've seen it work.
3) Plant an AT mine with the M20 car and hope it hits it.

You pretty much have no choice but to counter this thing with one of these two things if you go Lieutenant.

Scout for the HQ truck is my advice. If you don't see the medical Battlegruppe HQ (with the big cross on the back) then he's probably gone for the Mechanized Regimental HQ. Mechanized Regimental HQ is the one that builds the OKW Flak-Track.
26 Jun 2014, 05:25 AM

Grenades can also help, since the truck is immobile when shooting and it will take off around 25% of its life if you hit it with one.

26 Jun 2014, 21:01 PM

build yourself an american flak truck and ambush their flak when it moves on your troops
27 Jun 2014, 08:53 AM

I never go for Lieutenant - lack of AT. If you do so you have to think how to counter that thing which won't be easy.
But if you go for Captain use Stuart+Captain - piece of cake or AT gun - 2hots should take it down.
27 Jun 2014, 22:59 PM

I never go for Lieutenant - lack of AT. If you do so you have to think how to counter that thing which won't be easy.
But if you go for Captain use Stuart+Captain - piece of cake or AT gun - 2hots should take it down.

But lieutenant is so amazing...
28 Jun 2014, 00:32 AM

But lieutenant is so amazing...

He is, but lack of real AT power can doom you. Captain has both AT and AI.
28 Jun 2014, 03:50 AM

I've found you have to go for lieutenant to counter the halftrack. If you go for captain it takes too long to get a stuart out letting the halftrack have free reign to wipe squads for 1-2 mins. However the problem with this is that you've invested so much fuel into lieutenant tech you can't get out tanks with major so I've been using armour to call in m10s to mitigate that.
28 Jun 2014, 13:37 PM

If you went Lieutenant Tech then you already have your answer.

The American M15 Anti-Air Halftrack is better than the OKW version. When stationary, the M15 AA Halftrack will fire its 37mm cannon rapidly. The 37mm cannon will tear the OKW Flak-track to pieces.

Catch the OKW Flak-track offguard and it is easy pickings. It has to setup to fire and the US M15 can kill it before it sets up and fires at you.

If you went M20 Utility Car you have a few choices:
1) Take the crew out and fight it with a Bazooka. M20 crew has a Bazooka.
2) Park your M20 right next to the Flak-track. The Flak-track has a really small minimum range. It cannot hit things that are directly next to it. It also has to setup and "unsetup" so you can exploit that immobility to get close. This is the mirco-heavy counter but I've seen it work.
3) Plant an AT mine with the M20 car and hope it hits it.

You pretty much have no choice but to counter this thing with one of these two things if you go Lieutenant.

Scout for the HQ truck is my advice. If you don't see the medical Battlegruppe HQ (with the big cross on the back) then he's probably gone for the Mechanized Regimental HQ. Mechanized Regimental HQ is the one that builds the OKW Flak-Track.

Thanks for the advice! I have taken all of it with great success.
1 Jul 2014, 17:16 PM

On top of the great suggestions already said, riflemen with bars can chip away at them consistently if they are in green cover like trenches that cant be destroyed by the flak HT
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★