Login

russian armor

My first successful build order

25 Jun 2014, 20:24 PM

So I was on the alpha and was having a lot of trouble with the US forces until I watched an Expert Computer do a build like this and copied it. It worked for me and maybe it will work for you.

Keep in mind that this build is all about locking down Munitions and getting weapons upgrades as soon as possible. This was always kind of counter intuitive for me because before Western Front it was always fuel that was the priority. So much so that I would skip molotov’s and AT grenades when playing Soviets just so I can get to tier 3 or 4 as fast as possible.
So here is my build.

Rifle Men, Rear Echelon Troops, Rifle Men then build a Munitions cache and upgrade to the BAR.

This build is super-fast and will put you into a position to keep your rifle men well equipped. (When I run this I can get the Munitions cache up and running within 3-4 min from the start of the game) also because Rear Echelon Troops are so cheap you should have 4 combat troops on the field while most other armies will only have 3. This gives you some extra early map control. But keep in mind that because the RET’s are so week you need to keep them close to other troop and also remember to use the suppressing fire ability to win 1 on 1 engagements.

At this point you will be hitting the 5 min mark and have a bunch of options. Personally, I go and build 2 more rifle man squads and upgrade to tier 2. Then unlock the bazooka /grenades depending on the situation. Soon after I build an ambulance.

If I've gained enough map control I’ll build a forward fighting position to protect a cutoff or an important point and use the RET’s to run out to cap and to fall back to the fighting position in case they run into trouble. The rest of my forces I blob together and attack somewhere else.
Anyway, that’s how I play the US forces now. Let me know what you think.
29 Jun 2014, 12:22 PM

I've tried a variation of this and my issue is that it really requires early aggression to keep up with the enemy. Without an early ambulance in the opening minutes your men might be run ragged. As US troops are more fragile than other factions (especially to focus fire), not having an ambulance before bars can hurt if you're not sharp on your unit preservation.

Also an early ambulance helps keep aggression up since you can virtually keep field presence with an upfront reinforce (watch the alienware final with jesulin vs twister r1 with jesulin as germans, not quite the same but it shows the concept effectively)

also, if you're fighting the standard ostheer army, effective enemy mg play can prevent you from capitalizing on some of the advantages you've stated.

Otherwise, I generally agree with the build but it requires really sharp and focused play ;p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★