US: Mortar Halftracks or M8?

which one?
Option Distribution Votes
79%
21%
Total votes: 14
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Jun 2014, 17:25 PM

Which one would you get for indirect fire and how would you rate their performance? The HT is cheaper but less effective individually. M8 cost double fuel.

BTW, I find the Infantry company commander to be the best US commander out of the three so far.
25 Jun 2014, 17:34 PM

The halftrack is definetly a more forgiving decision as it doesnt cost as much fuel. M8 on the other hand hurts more but costs twice as much fuel.

I dont really have an opinion as i didnt really play much with both units yet, so ill abstain..

And i definetly prefer Airborne vs OKW and Armor vs Ostheer the most, i use Infantry the least :P
25 Jun 2014, 22:26 PM

MHT don't stand any chance against M8 in this poll.
26 Jun 2014, 05:28 AM

The Infantry company commander is good for long, grueling team games and breaking the deadlock with lots of indirect fire. It's a lot of fun.

I like the M8/MHT but unfortunately I have been rushing Sherman with my fuel by mid game. Sometimes I have been making 1 x MHT first if needed. Then after getting the vital tanks I have the choice of M8 or MHT to support.

Games destined to be shorter (with strong early game) so far I think Airborne is the best. I start up by dropping down 50 cals at my base to quickly cover the essential capzones for an early lead. I haven't played against Ostheer yet but using Armor vs. Ost does make sense as it is a 'rush armor, skip T4' commander. The rest is standard VCOH play.

The halftrack is definetly a more forgiving decision as it doesnt cost as much fuel. M8 on the other hand hurts more but costs twice as much fuel.

I dont really have an opinion as i didnt really play much with both units yet, so ill abstain..

And i definetly prefer Airborne vs OKW and Armor vs Ostheer the most, i use Infantry the least :P
26 Jun 2014, 06:12 AM
Patrion 15

The infantry MHT and the Priest are pretty worthless imo. Giant waste of fuel.
26 Jun 2014, 08:23 AM

Dunno about MHT, had some success in alpha with it. But Priest has this ludicrously narrow cone of fire that makes it seemingly only useful for dealing with things that can't or don't move.
26 Jun 2014, 08:49 AM
Donator 22

I saw the US mortar halftrack in action in a replay the other day and it's accuracy seems really bad, Does anyone know it's stats and how it compares to the ost mortar halftrack?
26 Jun 2014, 09:37 AM
Patrion 27

Alright ya dopes, M8 gets a surprising amount of penetrating hits on medium armor, can auto-fire/barrage on the move, is faster and smaller and gets Panzer Tactician smoke at Vet 1. My vote hands down.

Also, the M8 can attack ground on the other side of a building or obstruction while flush against it's own side since the gun will tilt back really far and lob the shells at a really high trajectory.
26 Jun 2014, 12:08 PM

I got 110 kills with the 1 x Priest, 26-ish kills with 1 x M8, and 11 kills with the MHT in one massive team game (4 x 4, 1:20) I never lost the priest but I lost the M8/MHT to a tank attack during mid-late game.

I got a lot of kills by bombing forward medical trucks while a blob was healing/reinforcing in it.

The infantry MHT and the Priest are pretty worthless imo. Giant waste of fuel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 24
United Kingdom 146
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak