Login

russian armor

First You had to have Money and now no Life...

25 Jun 2014, 14:49 PM

I can't believe there is a whine thread about this. It being random is a little weird, but good lord stfu. Some people just love to hear their own whine voice.

Do you take cheese?
25 Jun 2014, 14:56 PM

While random is good, not all of us live in our mums basement and have all day to play on it which seriously limits our opportunity to get the new commanders.

My playing time is limited. They should be available for purchase as well.

Yes to the first part, NOOOOOOOOOO to the part with paying again!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO, PLEASE!

^ This * 10000000000000000.

Just play the game. You can't have everything now now now. I'm sure you've got enough new toys to keep you entertained.

I dont want everything now, you missed my point!

Life is unfair, get used to it

Thats so deep, thank you man for bringing me back to reality!

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 13:49 PMTNrg

MOAR RNG! Relic invented yet another way to implement more RNG to the game :D

This is actually very funny:):clap:

Yeh Tristan, this is whining! Because i am a whiner, i dont have anything better to do exept whining. You nailed it, Bravo!!!
25 Jun 2014, 15:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

sooooo... you shouldn't be rewarded for playing a game?

25 Jun 2014, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 15:19 PMWiFiDi
sooooo... you shouldn't be rewarded for playing a game?

Sorry, did i say that? If yes than i am sorry.
Anyone here who understands my point, please give me a sign!

I try one last time.
I love the fact that commanders are for free now, really I do. What I don't love is that, if I play less then others I will not get them. And the problem is not that I don't get them because I am a little kiddo who wants everything! The problem is that other players will have an advantage over me because he will have more options!!!

It's like in sports, the players do the difference, not the gear!

My suggestion is that they should continue with this new system but exclude the commanders. Be cool Relic and give them to every gamer who bought your game! Don't splitting them up to groups (who plays more ...).

Am I that unreasonable???
25 Jun 2014, 15:38 PM

I dislike the new system. Not only the challenges for the Bulletins are gone, you also now have to rely on luck to get these new commanders or any new stuff at all.

If i want some commanders for money, what does speak against it?
If i want Relic to shut up and take my money so i can spare me the grinding, why not?

Also, the new HUD for the army customization is ugly as fuck. The old one had way more "soul" in it.
25 Jun 2014, 15:48 PM

One last thing (really:)).
Everybody in this Forum is preaching about competitiveness and balance and e-sport, and this is OK.
If we have different commanders, where is the Balance to that?
And think, if everybody has all off them then none of them could be excluded in tournys!
It would be a fair fight for everyone!

That's it i am done (i think :D).

25 Jun 2014, 15:50 PM

Do you also think LoL is unfair because you have to unlock champions?
25 Jun 2014, 16:00 PM

I personally think LoL is pay2win trash because if you pay you get to dodge grinding for champions and it gives you an extreme competitive edge on your opponents.

The loot drop system is fine. They're dropped at random so everybody is on the same playing field from the start.

If it's such a huge deal to you, focus less on getting the commanders and just play the game. Eventually they will drop for you.
25 Jun 2014, 16:03 PM

thats a good example lichtbringer. LoL is considered balanced because at high levels, everyone has played so many games that theyve unlocked everything. coh2 will be the same way.

people really will complain about anything. they hate paying for commanders. theres another thread bitching about 2-3 recycled units in okw commanders. now people dont want to have to play the game to unlock commanders.

the whole point of this system is to encourage people to play. relic is obviously hoping this will increase the player base and longevity of the game just like valve games. handing out free commanders right away doesnt do that.
25 Jun 2014, 16:13 PM
Patrion 14

If it's such a huge deal to you, focus less on getting the commanders and just play the game. Eventually they will drop for you.

You cannot guarantee that. RNG is RNG. Do you understand? That is the problem.

There is a very good chance that some items will NEVER drop, and the fact you can get duplicates means even in a system where you are guaranteed a drop, there's still a stupidly large chance you won't get what you want.

Do you understand that? That is the problem with the system.

I never had a problem with paying for commanders. My problem was they were overpriced and poorly balanced. Please stop using it as a defense for a flawed system.

It's like saying "hey you used to pay for these extras on your car, but now you might get some by luck of the draw! isn't that awesome? Oh right your car came with none of them and your friend got all of them, LOL K THNX BYE" Even better : "Drive your car more! It might get more extras or it might get worn out even faster! Isn't that awesome?"
25 Jun 2014, 16:13 PM

I like the new system. I can see drop rates changing as more items become available. We are literally 2 days into the game and you are moaning about not having things that are supposed to last as an incentive to play for the next few months/ years.

If they just gave it to you straight out, along with everyone else... would you be happy?
25 Jun 2014, 16:15 PM

You cannot guarantee that. RNG is RNG. Do you understand? That is the problem.

There is a very good chance that some items will NEVER drop, and the fact you can get duplicates means even in a system where you are guaranteed a drop, there's still a stupidly large chance you won't get what you want.

Do you understand that? That is the problem with the system.

I never had a problem with paying for commanders. My problem was they were overpriced and poorly balanced. Please stop using it as a defense for a flawed system.

It's like saying "hey you used to pay for these extras on your car, but now you might get some by luck of the draw! isn't that awesome? Oh right your car came with none of them and your friend got all of them, LOL K THNX BYE" Even better : "Drive your car more! It might get more extras or it might get worn out even faster! Isn't that awesome?"

you are wrong. think about flipping a coin. it is also totally random but what result will you get after 100 flips of that coin. Most likely 50/50.

If you want to know why this happens study statistics...
25 Jun 2014, 16:16 PM
Patrion 14

Yes, of course we would Southers. Because then at least we'd be on an even playing field, and not waiting for some RNG system to give us the drops you want.

Clearly none of you have played Diablo 3, where all your friends get the loot they want/need to hit a new level of Torment (that's a difficulty), while your stuck farming your Ring of Royal Grandure for days. RNG is not fun. It is frustrating.

you are wrong. think about flipping a coin. it is also totally random but what result will you get after 100 flips of that coin. Most likely 50/50.

If you want to know why this happens study statistics...

I think you'll find your mistaken. Computers don't work on statistics, they work on seeds. There is no guarantee you'll get an even split. The seed could always be against you, if you played at the wrong time (because the seed is often based on time for example) Go play Diablo 3 for a while and tell me. Not to mention its skewed when you include hundreds of outcomes. The reason we say "RNG is RNG" is because its random, and can take forever to get what you want. Diablo 3 is (i'll admit) worse in this regard because the loot that drops by random then gets random stats assigned to it. God, imagine if the same bulletins had different values or boosts... people would go nuts.

Another example: in monster hunter 3, theres a system where when you first create your game, you randomly get assigned a loot table. There is a chance this loot table is completely broken and doesn't drop jack shit for you. That's random. Your game is fucked at high levels because you have a shitty drop table, by random. The only way to resolve it is to start a new game.

Random is a poor excuse for progression. Its frustrating and stupid, when somebody just wants to try something out or find their favourite. Is that so difficult to understand?

I don't play COH2 for a loot simulator. I play it to enjoy the game, play it the way I want. I don't want to get beat because Jimmy got lucky and got that awesome commander I've never seen or heard of where he calls in two ace panzer 4's. I can't try it out myself because I don't have that. That's not fun, its not cool, and its not inclusive, especially if Jimmy played the same as me.
25 Jun 2014, 16:33 PM
Patrion 14

This seems to largely be a matter of taste. I, for one, dislike having to grind for commanders.

It's more like a disincentive to play for me, since I'm not interested in grinding hours upon hours (which I don't have many to spare per week) for more content in an RTS. I'll switch to playing MMORPGs if I feel that way inclined.

The extra content would be an incentive if it was also made available through coughing up the dough. Then all those sweet special shiny new items in my inventory would invoke the need to try them out in new ways. Now I simply think I'll never see them in any case and ignore them completely when considering whether to play or not.

Seeing someone else with them only invokes frustration, not the envious need to play more. At least not for me.
25 Jun 2014, 17:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

However, at this moment in time the game has a reputation for DLC whoring and pay2win which it needs to shed. Let's face it, nobody likes a game where the rich kid wins; it massively puts off new players wanting to buy the game.

That's fine

My concern is two fold:

1) I've already got via war spoil a soviet bulletin that I ground to unlock

2) If I discover that I get a random drop of a commander I paid for I will be very upset

Both are distasteful to people who have put time and money into the game

So I hope that war spoils will get fixed to not give you things you already have, no matter how you got theem
25 Jun 2014, 17:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Eliminate duplicates. Profit.
25 Jun 2014, 17:30 PM

I think you'll find your mistaken. Computers don't work on statistics, they work on seeds. There is no guarantee you'll get an even split.

he never said computers "work on statistics". hes saying that if drops had a 10% chance of happening, your actual drop rate would approach 10% as your sample size increased. would it ever be exactly 10%? not likely, but as you play more games it will get closer. this is why he said study statistics
25 Jun 2014, 18:30 PM
Patrion 14

That doesn't help when:
1. We don't know the drop percentage
2. Chances to drop are stupidly low.
25 Jun 2014, 19:44 PM

Why are people acting like they are entitled to all the drops they want? The base WF armies are plenty of content for 20 bucks, the fact that they are creating extra commanders and making them drop randomly is a bonus.

This attitude of "I want what I want when I want it and fuck you for saying otherwise" is why Russia and China will take over the world goddamnit!!!!!!!!!
25 Jun 2014, 19:57 PM
Patrion 14

It's not about entitlement, its about a system that is random and impossible to influence. I appreciate you have to earn them - but this isn't a case of leveling or progression. I could get it today, or I could get it a year down the line. That's hardly a fun system to play with, no?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★