Login

russian armor

Early Game OKW Truck harrassment

25 Jun 2014, 04:24 AM

So I just played a game in which the OKW player used his heavy truck to run over my early game infantry. At first I thought it was a bit funny, but then I realized that (1) it was *heavily* delaying me and inflicting MP losses, and (2) I wasn't really capable of damaging the the thing in a meaningful way. Does anybody know what the counter to this is?
25 Jun 2014, 04:54 AM
Senior Caster Badge

There are two main counters to this. The first is to play as Axis. The second is to wait until Relic patches the game.
25 Jun 2014, 05:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

It's a joke. If they don't patch it soon, its going to be a nightmare.
25 Jun 2014, 05:23 AM

Ah, nightmares of Brits crushing my garrisoned buildings with speed govenors on Rails are coming back to me.
25 Jun 2014, 05:38 AM

LOL well guess what I had a truck crush my garrison as well on langre, its so rediculous Im definately not playing this anymore for a long time and I see people starting to game is getting balanced agian.
25 Jun 2014, 06:38 AM

I've somehow managed to counter it a couple of times but the mere fact that it delays capturing points and fighting effectively is such a blow.
It's a sacrifice to do so but OP'ing the first muni's point to get the bazooka to kill the truck is possible. Zook's do almost double damage since the truck isn't set up.
25 Jun 2014, 10:09 AM

Flamer throwers can damage it as well if you have combat engineers or lucky enough to have the commander for them. Still comes to late though.
26 Jun 2014, 01:29 AM

Just run away from it. You're going to have 4+ squads on the field anyway as Americans, so just go cap the rest of the map and have one squad distract his truck or something.

I'll get the replay next time someone tries it on me. This is just silly cheese that is pretty straight forward to counter.
26 Jun 2014, 03:08 AM

You should try to cap the point it's trying to deny you first. Sure you can run away from it and cap the other side of the map, but they're probably driving it around your fuel point or another critical point. Just micro and run around the point long enough to cap it and move on.
26 Jun 2014, 03:13 AM

You should try to cap the point it's trying to deny you first. Sure you can run away from it and cap the other side of the map, but they're probably driving it around your fuel point or another critical point. Just micro and run around the point long enough to cap it and move on.

Can be worth it if it's a key cut off, but it's better to not lose the manpower if possible.
26 Jun 2014, 03:17 AM
Donator 11

there is a thread with a 120 post talking about this and Relic did say it is going to patch probably by next week:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/18859/okw-truck-and-pushingcrushing
26 Jun 2014, 03:49 AM

http://www.filedropper.com/vstruckrush

Here's that rep I mentioned, although apparently it will be irrelevant soon enough anyway.

26 Jun 2014, 12:47 PM

http://www.filedropper.com/vstruckrush

Here's that rep I mentioned, although apparently it will be irrelevant soon enough anyway.

Thanks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS