Login

russian armor

Airborne, Armour, or Infantry?

24 Jun 2014, 09:23 AM

which one do you find yourself using most?

i tend to always click on that helmet-less blonde bloke the airborne commander because the paratroopers with dual 30cal machineguns shred infantry like its in fashion, you don't need bars on your infantry so just chuck bazookas on all of them, followed up by some shermans and jacksons you have yourself a GG no RE

what about youself, charming COH2.org reader?
24 Jun 2014, 10:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

They all have their merits. I like going infantry and using the doctrinal BAR and unlocking bazookas instead of regular BARs. Works good if you want to rush Lieutenant and get an M20, because you can then airdrop your AT gun/augment with bazookas.
24 Jun 2014, 11:45 AM

Definietly Armour commander, at 0 CP you have assault engies which are very good at close range, and it's the same cost as rifles so you can get quickly 2 of those when OKW will start building theirs second unit
24 Jun 2014, 19:36 PM

I personally like using Airborne. Start with 3 or 4 rifles, followed by a 'zook unlock, LT. That way you have enough men running around to man any dropped support weapons, have AT, and the LT can do close range. Plus the ability to drop the para's more or less anywhere (although risky without scouting) allows for some good flanking.

I found Armor to just not have enough going on for me.
24 Jun 2014, 19:36 PM

Infantry, op LMG's blobs
24 Jun 2014, 20:05 PM

Armor all the way, call in meta still strong with this commander. You can sit on T3 all game. Plus vet three crews repair super fast
24 Jun 2014, 20:42 PM

Airborne so far, just create a bar zooka rifle blob and air drop at if you need it
25 Jun 2014, 01:20 AM

I'm finding that Infantry is pretty good, doctrinal lmg aside, just being able to lay down mines is such a good thing. it's cheap at 5 or so muni's and they're a relatively efficiently means of dealing with them kubelwagens or scout cars early on. Just like CoH1 :P
25 Jun 2014, 01:27 AM

Armor all the way. Assault engineer is amazing. M10s + 105mm Sherman backed by ATG just kill everything.
25 Jun 2014, 07:42 AM

Imo all of the commanders are pretty good, just have to pick one that suits your particular style or strat.
27 Jun 2014, 08:57 AM

I use the only right one in my opinion - Airborne. Rest are really, really weak.
M10 is a paper gun (M36 also but still better) nad 105mm Sherman is only AI unit.
Airbore have amazing Pathfinders - give them 2x BARs and they will be unstoppable. Add 2 squad of Paratroopers, best (but still very weak) AT strike and you need nothing more.
Plus you can get MG/AT regardless of the chosen tier.
27 Jun 2014, 16:45 PM

Airborne has been my go-to commander as of late. The paratroopers are very good vs infantry when upgraded, though still figuring out which of the two upgrades is better. Paradropped MG is nice especially in combination with ambulance so you can quickly reinforce on the field. Not sure about the AT gun though.. I guess it's nice if you skip T3 and need quick AT but the cost is a bit high since it doesn't come with a crew. Pathfinders give you very nice line of sights and their beacons let you reinforce your paratroopers on the field.

For late game, the P47 Thunderbolt is very useful to help out you out in the AT department. No more tanks escaping with sliver of health left.

I tried out Armor but wasn't too impressed with the Wolverine or the Sherman buldozer. Maybe I don't know how to use them, but it seems like your stock Sherman and Jackson can do the job a little better. It's nice that you can skip T4 but you'll need the Jackson to combat late-game heavy armor. The Pershing needed to be in this commander, instead.
27 Jun 2014, 22:57 PM

Infantry Company's 3 cp LMG for rifles make them way beyond OP.
Armor is good, but you should stick with stock tanks for late-game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★