Login

russian armor

Broken balance - Soviets vs OKW

PAGES (10)down
26 Jun 2014, 19:51 PM

Panzerfusiliers seem to have sniper like vision range.

Then no more Mg-34s, FJs; try to deal with that. 90 muni to upgrade those panzer guys is -1 Pzshreck and your vehicles will be delayed as well. I suggest we should wait for the patch.
26 Jun 2014, 19:59 PM

Don't upgrade them with G43s. The difference isn't big enough to warrant that. The advantage is they require no build time early on, are cheap/effective, and they see kind of like snipers. All munitions upgrades go to the first 3 x panzershrecks.

https://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/small_arms

I like FJ's surprise ability but they are so, so expensive to reinforce and to lose.

Panzerfusiliers + Volksgrens with Panzershreck is a good duo to use at least against the USA.
26 Jun 2014, 20:14 PM

Permanently Banned
US vs old german are a far in balance too...

You need buy the new german faction to try win...

US get a old rifle for 20 muni and pin better than mg42, is the pin mod dream of the lmg... lol

But late game for german is easy, if you hold, but the early and mid game i think have big differences right now...

$!!!
26 Jun 2014, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 20:14 PMBravus
US vs old german are a far in balance too...

You need buy the new german faction to try win...

US get a old rifle for 20 muni and pin better than mg42, is the pin mod dream of the lmg... lol

But late game for german is easy, if you hold, but the early and mid game i think have big differences right now...

$!!!

Play exactly the same way as you would in CoH1 and win easily.

Ostheer vs USF if balanced, both factions can counter each other well.
27 Jun 2014, 03:54 AM

Permanently Banned
T34 85 vs okw is a death sentence for okw. I see a similar pattwrn forming for sovs abusive ways vs okw. M3 plus maxim spam. Followed by zis reinforce then gg with t34 85
27 Jun 2014, 04:37 AM

T34 85 vs okw is a death sentence for okw. I see a similar pattwrn forming for sovs abusive ways vs okw. M3 plus maxim spam. Followed by zis reinforce then gg with t34 85

Nah, you are just bad player. T34/85 have hard time penetrating the front armour of a Jagdpanzer IV.
Cripple the t34/85 with mines, falls or fusiliers and your jagdpanzer can snipe them. Support with schrecks or rocket at in a building and those t34 are quickly gone.
Guards+recruits have a hard time against okw. You should really go shocks.
27 Jun 2014, 05:07 AM

If your opponent built T1, 2 and 3 as soviets and managed to spam maxims/ZiS alongside his M3's, I think you may secretly suck balls at the game.
27 Jun 2014, 05:09 AM

I realize that some of you may have been playing the alpha or whatever, but I still think it's too early to be judging faction balance.

Sometimes all it takes to completely swing the momentum of a match up is for someone to mix up their tactics. I've seen it happen several times, where one player managed to change the entire metagame in particular match ups.

Reactionary patching/nerfing is always a bad idea.

27 Jun 2014, 05:38 AM
Patrion 14

As others have said, post your stats or GTFO.
27 Jun 2014, 05:57 AM

Too bad for us...
Our group of friends only play 3vs3 or 4vs4.

Begin rant :

1vs1 is for loner in need of finding how good they are....
To play team , one must accept to lose because a teammate screw-up. The human factor add another level of difficulty.

We know our strength and we have friends to play with...so we play team match.
But when we were in our early 20, i play a lot of 1vs1 game to prove myself, so i understand you.

If ever we have a team 4vs4 tournament, we would crush you easy.... as a walk in the park...
;)

Ending rant...

Balance patch will be needed, but it's too early to cry, way to early.

If you played 1v1 in the past, you must understand why people don't listen to 4v4 players balance discutions, advices or opinions. You also must know that your skill level was increased twice as fast while you were playing 1v1.
I have friends too, we do 3v3 sometimes, but we try not to abandon 1v1. There's where the iron crosses grow! (in your case, the stars or whatever);)
27 Jun 2014, 06:06 AM

Didn't do to much experiments M3 vs OKW, but I tend to agree to PewnageMachine. Had a game against one friend, when he tried to rush me with an M3 I just kept my volks and sturmpios together, and I killed its M3. With OKW in the startgame I allways keep my troops together and almost never build a raketenverfer. As an antitanc solution I prefer 2 schrecks on volks I have + 1 Puma. They work great together. But due to the fact that I build also that AA sdkfz which by the way it's amazing, I would recommend its usage against no matter what infantry even guards, my tanks are somewhat late (with amo to fuel convertion option activated and all). I'm working to find a solution to bring them faster.

What is different and nice to OKW is that they don't have that paper infantry that Ostheer has. This is a real infantry and you can build even intensive infantry tactics. With Ostheer you could only dream at that.
27 Jun 2014, 06:45 AM

I'm constantly running into OKW as Soviets and I do not use M3s (they're a silly unit with silly abilities) and I'm routinely getting torn apart by those damn sturmpios.. any suggestions on beating them?
27 Jun 2014, 07:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 20:27 PMKatitof

Play exactly the same way as you would in CoH1 and win easily.

Ostheer vs USF if balanced, both factions can counter each other well.

Last I checked I didn't have to run away from every US engineer unit in coh1.

Last I checked, riflemen didn't have smoke grenades to nullify mg42s in coh1.

Last I checked, riflemen didn't beat volksgrenadiers at max range in coh1.

Last I checked, yankees in coh1 didn't get a souped up super quad at 5 minutes into the game that absolutely rapes everything.

The way you "win" as ostheer now is to:
1. get lucky and roll a map that is good for MG42s. You get semois, la gleize, stalingrad, etc you're fucked even before the game starts, might as well quit.
2. make no grens, they serve no purpose whatsoever, you won't have the munitions to use their abilities with the map control you'll have and they lose against all US units
3. Spam out 3-4 MG42s. Cover each other in a small pitiful corner of the map.
4. Tech to T2 and get a pak or a PG shrek squad and pray hard as fuck your opponent overcommits the inevitable AA HT at the 5 minute mark that will otherwise end the game for you
5. If he did overcommit and lose it, you now enter into a period of 10+ minutes of camping while possibly moving out a bit. Get several paks and or more PG squads and possibly a sniper.
6. Now that we're finally at >16 minutes into the game, if opponent is playing armored company call-in spam, get a Tiger.
Else, make PIVs. You'll now have to fight against Slugger spam that will completely destroy any vehicles you have that aren't way behind a pak/shrek wall. Good luck. But it can be done.
27 Jun 2014, 13:39 PM

I've played 17 games now against OKW in 1v1 automatch, I've had my ass handed to me in 12 of those games by hugely aggressive OKW gameplay coupled with supply truck exploit, the only thing that has given me some measure of success is blatant aggressive maxim spam with single mortar and AT gun to shocks then KV flame tank, IS2, this has worked pretty well but its a horrible way of playing the game ( its fun really, but a bit troll like :D).

I'm now on a 4 game win streak against OKW using this.

Soviet infantry is hopeless against OKW in my experience, I mean its glaringly obvious how outclassed they are, they just die like flies, drain manpower and lose the map,
27 Jun 2014, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 07:22 AMCruzz

Last I checked I didn't have to run away from every US engineer unit in coh1.

Last I checked, riflemen didn't have smoke grenades to nullify mg42s in coh1.

Last I checked, riflemen didn't beat volksgrenadiers at max range in coh1.

Last I checked, yankees in coh1 didn't get a souped up super quad at 5 minutes into the game that absolutely rapes everything.

The way you "win" as ostheer now is to:
1. get lucky and roll a map that is good for MG42s. You get semois, la gleize, stalingrad, etc you're fucked even before the game starts, might as well quit.
2. make no grens, they serve no purpose whatsoever, you won't have the munitions to use their abilities with the map control you'll have and they lose against all US units
3. Spam out 3-4 MG42s. Cover each other in a small pitiful corner of the map.
4. Tech to T2 and get a pak or a PG shrek squad and pray hard as fuck your opponent overcommits the inevitable AA HT at the 5 minute mark that will otherwise end the game for you
5. If he did overcommit and lose it, you now enter into a period of 10+ minutes of camping while possibly moving out a bit. Get several paks and or more PG squads and possibly a sniper.
6. Now that we're finally at >16 minutes into the game, if opponent is playing armored company call-in spam, get a Tiger.
Else, make PIVs. You'll now have to fight against Slugger spam that will completely destroy any vehicles you have that aren't way behind a pak/shrek wall. Good luck. But it can be done.

This sounds exactly like the issues soviet face against OKW, maybe the next patch will even out the infantry a bit when the dust settles.
27 Jun 2014, 14:47 PM

Let's not get too off topic here.

Wehrmacht vs USA is probably better put in a different thread.

27 Jun 2014, 15:40 PM

I'm constantly running into OKW as Soviets and I do not use M3s (they're a silly unit with silly abilities) and I'm routinely getting torn apart by those damn sturmpios.. any suggestions on beating them?

My opening is this;

Two penals and keep them at near max range. Upgrade one to a flamer when munitions allow. If they hop into a building satchel charge it.
If required, an M3 scout car.
If not, wait until Shock troops and do two squads.

Disclaimer: Not for 1v1 play.
27 Jun 2014, 15:47 PM

Use M3s.

Failing that, try building a few Maxims and park them in buildings. OKW have no early building counters except for the raw DPS on Sturmpios if they get close.
27 Jun 2014, 16:29 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree that is too early to judge the new factions balance, but some early game with old problems need be fixed, like M3 or other spam thing...

But the US get 1 four man squad that pin (i forget the name), and why LMG dont pin? This US gun have a true low RPM, that is wrong, what you guys think?

4 factions, maybe more strange balance mod in future...

Like MG42 Fire Rounds 30s duration (put 60muni to it but make full clip duration but the bullets are ghost?) or Guards with AT Rifle firing with that giant gun up stand in a m3... etc... 2unreal things...
27 Jun 2014, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 16:29 PMBravus
I agree that is too early to judge the new factions balance, but some early game with old problems need be fixed, like M3 or other spam thing...

But the US get 1 four man squad that pin (i forget the name), and why LMG dont pin? This US gun have a true low RPM, that is wrong, what you guys think?

4 factions, maybe more strange balance mod in future...

Like MG42 Fire Rounds 30s duration (put 60muni to it but make full clip duration but the bullets are ghost?) or Guards with AT Rifle firing with that giant gun up stand in a m3... etc... 2unreal things...

Rear Echelons have the suppression ability because the Americans don't have tier 1 HMGs.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS