Login

russian armor

Broken balance - Soviets vs OKW

PAGES (10)down
24 Jun 2014, 07:08 AM
Patrion 14

Don't reply to the cake. It only encourages him.
24 Jun 2014, 07:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

"Never in the field of human conflict has one man been so wrong about so much"
24 Jun 2014, 07:27 AM

Permanently Banned
Its so funny how these soviet pros think they are so good. Soviets have fk all micro to perform compared to oh. And yes I have played sovs and its emabressingly easy to play
24 Jun 2014, 07:31 AM

We should not discuss balance at this time.
Yes, the balance patch was no to good, they didn't fix alot of units that needed to be fixed, they fixed other that didn't need fixing, but all these must be thinked related to the new armies. Patience. Test, test test. And we'll discuss in a month.
24 Jun 2014, 07:42 AM

It's literally been only a few hours since the official public release.

I'm not someone who will cut Relic any slack. But you can't really talk at all about balance with having only hours of experience with the game. That's the reality of it.
24 Jun 2014, 07:49 AM

really barton? the game has just been released and you are already complaining?

I'm dissapointed in you, test the game, for a week or two, then complain about balance, soviets might be OP, OKW might be OP, whatever might be broken and stuff, but it must be tested.
24 Jun 2014, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2014, 07:49 AMBurts

I'm dissapointed in you, test the game, for a week or two, then complain about balance, soviets might be OP, OKW might be OP, whatever might be broken and stuff, but it must be tested.

m3 doesn't need more testing unless u were sleeping for the last 2 months..
24 Jun 2014, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2014, 03:25 AMRizza
tbh The regular Germans are just as bad at dealing with an early M3 as the OKW, on smaller maps with buildings the OKW's small at gun will probably be better than anything that the original germans have, you just need to make sure to build the at-gun early.

At least they have MG42, that can deal some damage to M3, unlike OKW that can't.

Technically, the puppchen allows OKW to counter early M3's better than Ostheer. And the Jagdpanzer... hmm... If OKW is lucky to pull it out fast enough, it could destroy medium tanks before they do too much damage, but OKW's lack of medium vehicles is highly noticeable. Yes, soviet tanks cause huge damage when OKW does not have available enough counters to it. (Again, Jagdpanzer is great for it, but soviet armor will beat it to the battlefield). However, the puppchen satisfies me in that role. And yet, i see AI, yes - AI, pull a fast m3 on an Ostheer teammate, and he quits.

Raketenwerfer is weakest AT gun in the game, it has short range, probably worse accuracy then most of the AT guns and it doesnt provide green cover like all other AT guns do, so one flank with M3 and you lose it. And i referred to Jagdpanzer as a viable counter to tanks because I assume that soviet player will get some good tanks later, and we don't want to get some anti-inf HT's because of lack of Fuel.

Ya rly, I've played in Alpha many games to say that game won't be balanced, even without playing single game I knew that Relic will screw the game
24 Jun 2014, 08:31 AM

I don't like Soviet neither, but please cake, just fuck off back to the official noob forum.
24 Jun 2014, 09:08 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2014, 08:31 AMPorygon
I don't like Soviet neither, but please cake, just fuck off back to the official noob forum.

Should i just attack move to get there? I might get there easier. Like sovs do
24 Jun 2014, 09:09 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2014, 04:31 AMRizza

The flak halftrack and the puma seem like decent medium tanks, the flak halftrack is like an ostwind for half the price.

Except an Ostwind hard counters Guards Rifle, and Flak Halftrack dies to 2 Guards rifle.

I agree with Barton: A Cpt Molo type M3 spam build will absolutely OWN any OKW player atm. Soviet vs OKW is horribly 1 sided.
24 Jun 2014, 09:12 AM

Yeah, first game of WFA I noted my opponents bulletin load out and I asked him:

post image online
"And M3 spam, right?"
"ye"

Thankfully I was able to win due to his horrible micro I was able to take out 2 T34 with a single Jagdpanzer 4 but even so I was hard pressed to counter the early M3. You maybe screaming to get the Püppchen however the Püppchen way too hard a counter for the early game. Sure if you are lucky and the Soviet player happens to wander into that arc and you then kill it than that is good but what else can you do use that unit for? All of the Ostheer counters to the to the M3 are soft, they can also counter other types of Soviet units (i.e. Penals or support weapons) whilst the Püppchen is only good for one thing weaking yourself to infantry...

So the Püppchen needs a massive buff (maybe a disable of some sorts) or the M3 needs to be hit hard with the nerf bat as its not very fun if you get a Soviet player...
24 Jun 2014, 09:28 AM

Get rid of the M3 all together. That's my suggestion. Maybe make it a combat transport... maybe a super early reinforcement point with a .50 cal... but it's just dumb to have guys with flamers firing out of it...
24 Jun 2014, 09:37 AM

Same problem here, at 14 minutes mark soviet had 1 T-34 supported by ofc early unkillable M3a1s. And the JgdPz (that ugly TD tank) is the worst idea for OKW as it can be circled easly.

We really need some call-in and M3a1 fix ASAP. This has been the problem for way too long.

Btw later on the game becomes more of a nightmare for OKW due to the soviet armor spam.
24 Jun 2014, 10:30 AM

Something is broken if you can't use/play it.
To use such big words is wrong imh, and even more if someone famous/top player says that. This is why people say that the community of this game is bad.
Maybe he has some points but "broken" is total wrong!
24 Jun 2014, 10:34 AM

Question: Why the hell is that Jadpazer ( or Jadpanther ? ) can't see anything behind his ass when SU85mm can ? ( I noticed this even back from alpha )

FFS this thing is slow, can't see behind his ass, can't focus view to spot. At least be like A Su85 or something.

The tier 1 of OKW ( Map hack truck, mortar, tank ) is not worth using in 1vs1. Simply cost too high and not that combat effective. A SturmPioneers can just get vet 1 and put some medical box on the field haha.

I would trade the ability to see through some part of the map with the flak halftrack and so does puma. Seriously, that ugly piece of shit Jadtank thing thing is not worth it atm.
24 Jun 2014, 10:34 AM

After reading the patch notes I can go back and play another games for a month or so and wait for next balance patch.
24 Jun 2014, 10:44 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Go double or triple Sturmpioneers + Kubel against Soviets. Deals with anything early even against M3, but it can get a bit tricky. But so long as the Sturms are in cover, the Sturmpio insane DPS will just shred the M3 and force it off. Don't even bother with the Raketenwerfer, and Volks are only really worth getting for the Shrek. Though I like to have Volks against US.
24 Jun 2014, 10:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Should i just attack move to get there? I might get there easier. Like sovs do

Ok, that was actually pretty funny
24 Jun 2014, 10:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2014, 10:34 AMKyle
Question: Why the hell is that Jadpazer ( or Jadpanther ? ) can't see anything behind his ass when SU85mm can ? ( I noticed this even back from alpha )

Female Intuition
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight