Login

russian armor

Partisan Tactics: Too strong on the occasion?

22 Jun 2014, 15:50 PM

I'm a avid Partisan Tactic player, and I thoroughly enjoy assisting my team with my skillset. However, a played a match today, and the normally "quiet" chat exploded for a brief minute with the German army players yelling angry complaints about how Partisan Tactic are OP. One especially strong remark was along the lines of "Pay to win doc".

I didn't comment much other than a confused apology, but their comment did get me thinking. The map we were playing was City 17, and since it is has a ridiculous amount of buildings that Partisan can spawn from, it made it very difficult for my opponents to realize where I will attack. I love the Partisan Tactics, but I hate being cheap, so if it is too strong, then I will stop playing it.

Before posting this thread I thought about the likely counters that could be employed, but even so I still couldn't think of a perfectly effective plan against Partisan in City 17. Keep in mind I'm speaking of a rather general, not specific details of each counters, and solely on building heavy maps. I don't know the game that well, which is why I'm starting this thread in hope that someone can show me that I'm wrong.

The point of this thread is not to emphasize on how OP Partisan are, but solely to discuss whether or not there is a effective tactic against them, and whether or not they should be nerfed and tweaked to be fair.

PS: I have uploaded a record of my last match when I was told they are OP. I'm not sure how I can share it though.
22 Jun 2014, 15:55 PM

Add them to "sore loosers" list and move on.

Effective tactic against them is to have pgren squad near your setup teams.

Doctrine made for ambushing excels at ambushing.
22 Jun 2014, 16:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That's just them whining to justify their loss. You can wire off buildings easily to stop partisans from spawning, or destroy the buildings. People just need to learn how to counter them, it isn't hard.
22 Jun 2014, 16:51 PM

I also love partisan tactics but the thing is that partisans cant cap so you are investing a lot of manpower to a squad/squads which can only flank and their effectivity is decided by the RNG
(random weapons). They are really far from being OP, but the thing is that you see them very rarely so german players have no idea how to deal with them and what are their disadvantages.

The second thing i want to comment on is the name calling in chat and the pay2win argument.
Basically they just acknowledged they were outplayed. I would completely ignore them and play the game as i like to play. No offence, but why would you ever apologize for using any strategy which is provided to you from developers. Even when TA was beyond OP there should be no apologizing for using it. Their lack of knowledge and the OP screaming after one game is telling a lot about your opponent. Probably immature kid who REALLY REALLY wants to win. just ignore these jerks.

The third thing is, look at the late game efectiveness of partisan doctrine and think for yourself, is it worth it in current meta? i will give you the answer, NOT AT ALL, you are going to need callin tanks or be very fortunate to get A LOT pshreck partisans which i am getting maybe once out of four.

last but not least, partisans + AOE weapon profiles(tanks, mines, etc) are just instasquad wipes because they love to hug each other more than any other squad.

So yeah, they are not OP :)
22 Jun 2014, 19:20 PM

Partisans have no late game whatsoever. It's more a psychological tool than anything else, unless they have really bad micro and don't retreat support units. But sometimes that's enough to throw your opponent's game off totally...

22 Jun 2014, 19:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Whinners, ignore them.

They should be thankfull, you didn´t choose an ISU152 commander :P
22 Jun 2014, 19:44 PM

Partisans - disgusting, I have repeatedly said it will speak.
The output from the Western Front it will be even more pronounced:
Partisans perform one role with German paratroopers
German paratroopers - just wonderful
Partisans - Lord ... they are disgusting. Replace it.
22 Jun 2014, 19:45 PM

Upgrade a flamethrower and set every building on fire :D
22 Jun 2014, 20:22 PM

I don't like partisans because they punish german heavy support team strats that are already rare as hell to begin with.

But they're hardly op.
22 Jun 2014, 20:27 PM

Upgraded Partisan can take a few hits before going down.

This is the only OP part, and it's an accident. The health upgrade gave Partisans 50% more health back when their health was 40. Relic raised their health to 80 (standard for all infantry) in the march deployment but forgot to remove the upgrade from the anti-infantry partisans. So as a side-effect, anti-infantry partisans can be upgraded to 160 health, the highest in the game. But like I said it's a mistake so expect it to be removed in the next patch.
22 Jun 2014, 20:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is the only OP part, and it's an accident. The health upgrade gave Partisans 50% more health back when their health was 40. Relic raised their health to 80 (standard for all infantry) in the march deployment but forgot to remove the upgrade from the anti-infantry partisans. So as a side-effect, anti-infantry partisans can be upgraded to 160 health, the highest in the game. But like I said it's a mistake so expect it to be removed in the next patch.

50% should be 120 health. It's not a popular commander, I could see it being overlooked in a patch.
22 Jun 2014, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2014, 20:52 PMTobis
50% should be 120 health. It's not a popular commander, I could see it being overlooked in a patch.

Maybe, I'm not sure how the upgrade works, I just know it gives a load of bonus health when it shouldn't. Either way expect it to be gone very soon.

Unless Relic forgets again :P
22 Jun 2014, 21:39 PM

Upgrade doubles the health and was supposed to be removed, just like it was removed on tank hunters.
23 Jun 2014, 01:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

If Partisans were OP they would be far more popular than they are.

They are pretty much designed to be super annoying and because they are not popular people often don't expect them or have any idea how to counter them
23 Jun 2014, 02:01 AM

A big thank you for everyone who contributed to the discussion. Especially on regards of the Partisan upgrade mistake that the devs have possibly made. I feel it is true that after the upgrade they are significantly tougher. Though it would make me wince a bit if they completely removed the upgrade. Tweaking it back to the intended amount should be fine.

Partisans - disgusting, I have repeatedly said it will speak.
The output from the Western Front it will be even more pronounced:
Partisans perform one role with German paratroopers
German paratroopers - just wonderful
Partisans - Lord ... they are disgusting. Replace it.

If it is alright, could you elaborate on what is exactly disgusting about it? The word is rather vague and ambiguous. I'm trying to absorb your knowledge, but I need more details. What exactly makes Partisans disgusting? What makes German paratroopers superior?
23 Jun 2014, 03:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I think he is being ironic:

There's a double standard for some players:

Soviets are not allowed to have anything anything fun, nice or useful and anything that is is an abomination that should not be allowed.

The same restrictions do not apply to the Germans because that's reflecting the objective historical reality of how awesome they were.

This is of course, BS, but it is very deep rooted.

If I was minded to do so I could do a short essay on the subject
23 Jun 2014, 04:23 AM

I've seen partisan tactics maybe twice ever. And one time the player using it absolutely sucked. The other time we got stomped because they were using it very effectively to harass our resources. I can't comment on whether it's balanced or not because basically nobody uses it.
23 Jun 2014, 05:25 AM

If it is alright, could you elaborate on what is exactly disgusting about it? The word is rather vague and ambiguous. I'm trying to absorb your knowledge, but I need more details. What exactly makes Partisans disgusting? What makes German paratroopers superior?

German paratroopers - emerge from an empty building, very strong infantry, we will still see spam paratroopers (I've seen in alpha). German paratroopers - the basic unit

partisans - emerge from an empty building, the last time I saw partisans when released their commander, die from one look at them, they are just annoying like flies. partisans - Flash support and suicide
23 Jun 2014, 05:27 AM

Falschirms are not the OKW core infantry and they are somewhat costly. No idea how balanced they will be when the game ships, there were a lot of things I didn't like about alpha balance.
23 Jun 2014, 05:32 AM

German paratroopers - emerge from an empty building, very strong infantry, we will still see spam paratroopers (I've seen in alpha). German paratroopers - the basic unit

partisans - emerge from an empty building, the last time I saw partisans when released their commander, die from one look at them, they are just annoying like flies. partisans - Flash support and suicide

You are still being very vague and brief. Though this time you seem to be implying that they are under-powered and die off very quickly. If that is so, then please state it more clearly. Also, Partisan only die very quickly if they are placed in the wrong place at the wrong time. What is Flash Support by the way?

On regards of German Paratroopers, what exactly makes them strong? Health? Damage? A good balance of both? What do you mean by "basic unit"?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★