Login

russian armor

1v1 map, help with critique and title

28 Feb 2013, 05:35 AM

Hey guys, new map for you!

Map description: a small suburban community with some farm land around it. Roads create divisions within the map, as well as natural terrain features (such as a dried up stream). The middle of the map is densely occupied by objects, heavy cover walls with buildings nearby. The heavy cover is juxtaposed by negative cover on the nearby roads and in the middle courtyard where the middle VP is.

This small-town community is in for a rude awakening as axis and allied forces converge in is what will likely be a bloody, destructive battle.

Update 2: Changed resource layout slightly. Added a few small objects and removed a few trees. Adjusted a territory that was connecting with another territory that was not intended.

Update: Changed the resource layout to the intended layout (replaced 2x high muni points with low muni points).
The resource count is now what I originally intended: 40 Fuel, 70 Munitions.

Download the SGA: http://www.coh2.org/file/852/mpmap1v2.zip

Tactical map:

Pics:

Thanks for the crits guys/gals!
28 Feb 2013, 11:35 AM

Looks like an interesting map. Maybe a little bit too much munition points but beside of that I like the cut-offs and the terrain itself :D Great map
28 Feb 2013, 16:26 PM

Looks like an interesting map. Maybe a little bit too much munition points but beside of that I like the cut-offs and the terrain itself :D Great map

You're right, I think I made a mistake, I think I meant to make the high munitions low instead. I'll change that up right now. Its meant to be ~70-80 munis : 40 fuel. It's like 90+ munis right now, def made a mistake there. Thanks for catching that
28 Feb 2013, 18:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Wow.. make a cutoff to that + 16 fuel, right now u can go straight +5 fuel + 10 muni and + 16 fuel.
28 Feb 2013, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2013, 18:17 PMSpanky
Wow.. make a cutoff to that + 16 fuel, right now u can go straight +5 fuel + 10 muni and + 16 fuel.

That's a good idea, I'll do some changing there, thanks.
28 Feb 2013, 22:27 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

nice stuff bro looks interesting! ill take a look, post a tac map to your first post in this thread? easier to get a quick look, oh and you can post links here and upload your map to coh2.org too ya know? check out your profile. thanks!
28 Feb 2013, 22:45 PM

nice stuff bro looks interesting! ill take a look, post a tac map to your first post in this thread? easier to get a quick look, oh and you can post links here and upload your map to coh2.org too ya know? check out your profile. thanks!

Oh shizz, I didn't realize I could upload stuff here. Thanks for the tip. I'll get an updated tac map up as soon as I can and put all the links on coh2.
28 Feb 2013, 23:28 PM

Oooh, I like the look of this map. I'll see if I can't find a few players to jam with. If anyone has any replays on it, send me a PM. I'd love to get some custom maps into casts.
1 Mar 2013, 08:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

What's the size of the playable area? The base sectors look extremely small and definitely need to be expanded to conveniently fit all base buildings in there. This is a common mistake for some reason.
Still, given the dimensions of the base sector and looking at the tac map, it seems like this map is too small, even for 1vs1. The smallest 1vs1 map should be 256x256, which is Langres/Ango size.
1 Mar 2013, 14:20 PM

What's the size of the playable area? The base sectors look extremely small and definitely need to be expanded to conveniently fit all base buildings in there. This is a common mistake for some reason.
Still, given the dimensions of the base sector and looking at the tac map, it seems like this map is too small, even for 1vs1. The smallest 1vs1 map should be 256x256, which is Langres/Ango size.

Have you opened the map? The base sectors give plenty of room. And the map is 256x256 playable. The map does not feel particularly small to me when playing. I will look into the base sectors, but from my testing I have found them to be fine. I guess the real test is PE. The southern base may be a little smaller than the north, I'll correct that.

Thanks for the insight Onkelsam
1 Mar 2013, 14:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I admit i based my comment on a look at the provided screenshots and my experience. That's why i put it into a question rather than a statement. If the size is indeed 256x256 then it is fine. I'd still test the base sectors though. Angoville and Semois base areas are good examples here, Langres is a bad one.
1 Mar 2013, 14:36 PM

1 Mar 2013, 14:37 PM

I admit i based my comment on a look at the provided screenshots and my experience. That's why i put it into a question rather than a statement. If the size is indeed 256x256 then it is fine. I'd still test the base sectors though. Angoville and Semois base areas are good examples here, Langres is a bad one.

Noted. I just took a second look and indeed the south base was a little smaller, but I still think it will be fine after the small adjustments I made. I moved the groves and hedges that confine the base back a little to give a bit more space. From my testing, the north base is big. I'll test this new change once I have a chance today. Thanks again!

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2013, 14:36 PM12ocky

I hope the size of the map is pretty small, because there's many access points, where to cross the river now. You want to prevent things like forever cap stall till M4 sherman rush for (stupid) example. It'd be a boring map. You still want it action packed around the center, and smaller skimishes on the outskirts of te map that's what makes semois awesome.

If the map is indeed small, Semois pin might actually be stronger. I need to download and play.

Map size is 256x256 playable. And there are a lot of shot-blockers and alternate routes that help flanks, but there is also a lot of cover, which can help defend flanks. Honestly, I'm a US player more so than wehr (I don't play OF factions) so I am curious as to how a wehr player sees this map and if there are changes that need to be made based on that. For example, the western corner is an open farm, while the eastern corner is a church/graveyard and is a little tighter to maneuver in.
Let me know how a test play goes.
1 Mar 2013, 15:21 PM

I posted in the wrong topic lulz.

But my point still stands actually. If it's too small, pins might be big. (It's just a medic bunker upfront is all you need. you don't always need an MG to achieve a 'pin'.

I actually will download zis map too, cause it looks quite good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight