• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
1 Mar 2013, 20:18 PM
Benefactor 115

1 Mar 2013, 20:47 PM

^I love that pic. Classic.
1 Mar 2013, 22:19 PM
Donator 11

books has nothing to do with the game, its different writers and a different product.. if i buy starcraft2 do i get the story from the books? no

therefore you cant say starcraft story is topnotch when game story is shit but books are "good"
2 Mar 2013, 16:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Tychus, if the Starcraft story is "top notch," then let me take you to a world class dining experience at Red Robin and serenade you with the peerless musical talents of Justin Bieber so you can explain to me how Starcraft's story compares to, say, Anna Karenina or A Light in August. Later we can watch one of the best movies ever made, Meet the Fockers.
3 Mar 2013, 12:15 PM

Tychus, if the Starcraft story is "top notch," then let me take you to a world class dining experience at Red Robin and serenade you with the peerless musical talents of Justin Bieber so you can explain to me how Starcraft's story compares to, say, Anna Karenina or A Light in August. Later we can watch one of the best movies ever made, Meet the Fockers.

How about comparing it to something it makes sense to compare it to, like, say, Spec Ops: The Line, Bioshock, The Walking Dead or Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
3 Mar 2013, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2013, 12:15 PMNaeras

How about comparing it to something it makes sense to compare it to, like, say, Spec Ops: The Line, Bioshock, The Walking Dead or Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Because then the joke wouldn't be funny :D
4 Mar 2013, 03:04 AM

I'm not surprised his literary taste is bad as well. Ayn Rand is garbage. :/
4 Mar 2013, 17:22 PM

Indeed. Everyone should be reading Stephenie Meyer instead.

lol jk.
4 Mar 2013, 23:12 PM

troll.

i don't agree with every aspect of her overly simplified political ideology.
However, she is a literary genius. Her books are modern classics and continue to sell. The fact that her names comes up 50+ years after Atlas Shrugged is proof enough that her work is not "garbage". She died more than 30 years ago.

As a litmus test....what we'll do is we'll overthrow the government of the country you are in now... and then stick you in a country with totally different language and culture and we'll see how many works of fiction you can create in less than 6 years that become consistent sellers for 60+ years.

We'll see if this work of fiction you come up with becomes the focal point for a group of disciples like Ed Snider, Nathaniel Branden, and Allan Greenspan.

regarding her political thinking.
For a more complete political/economic system with a libertarian foundation check out the thinking of one David Kelley... or the work of Larry Smith.

nice troll though.

i guess you think Christie Golden is garbage too?
5 Mar 2013, 08:49 AM

troll.

However, she is a literary genius. Her books are modern classics and continue to sell. The fact that her names comes up 50+ years after Atlas Shrugged is proof enough that her work is not "garbage". She died more than 30 years ago.

As a litmus test....what we'll do is we'll overthrow the government of the country you are in now... and then stick you in a country with totally different language and culture and we'll see how many works of fiction you can create in less than 6 years that become consistent sellers for 60+ years.

We'll see if this work of fiction you come up with becomes the focal point for a group of disciples like Ed Snider, Nathaniel Branden, and Allan Greenspan.

For a more complete political/economic system with a libertarian foundation check out the thinking of one David Kelley... or the work of Larry Smith.

nice troll though.

You have too much time on your hands.
5 Mar 2013, 09:09 AM

troll.

troll.

i don't agree with every aspect of his overly simplified political ideology.
However, he is a literary genius. His book is a modern classic and continues to sell. The fact that his name comes up 80+ years after "Mein Kampf" is proof enough that his work is not "garbage". He died more than 60 years ago.

As a litmus test....what we'll do is we'll overthrow the government of the country you are in now... and then stick you in a country with totally different language and culture and we'll see how many works of fiction you can create in less than 6 years that become consistent sellers for 80+ years.

We'll see if this work of fiction you come up with becomes the focal point for a group of disciples like Erich Ludendorff, Ernst Röhm, and Dr. Friedrich Weber.

regarding his political thinking.
For a more complete political/economic system with a libertarian foundation check out the thinking of one "Joseph Göbbels"... or the work of Heinrich Himmler.

nice troll though.

i guess you think Josef Stalin is garbage too

i enjoy this way too much :-/
5 Mar 2013, 09:17 AM

5 Mar 2013, 15:29 PM

troll.

i enjoy this way too much :-/

except that Americans view Atlas Shrugged as the book the most influenced the way they think about the world in a positive way.

unlike Adolf.

i guess Nathaniel Branden murdered millions of jews eh?
its part of self esteem building right ?

lets claim a jewish fiction author and the biggest mass murderer of the 20th century are easily comparable and claim that any jewish guy that disputes this claim is really "just a troll".

then let's try to explain this is Edward Blumenthal at Sega.

wait to go guy!
5 Mar 2013, 19:02 PM

Ayn Rand is a shitty writer, a shitty person, and an overall shitty philosopher. Her message, simplistic and juvenile as it is, is repulsive. Her writing style is on par with 50 Shades of Grey except not as entertaining. Next time you feel like reading actual American literature that fucking means something, pick up Faulkner, Hemingway, Heller or literally anything else that is composed of words on a page, because whatever it is, it's better than Ayn Rand. Her books are not "modern classics" and they only sell because they seem to appeal to idiots that hate taxes because 'murica. And not only are her books bad, they're long as well. You have to wade through all of the shit to finally realize near the end that it is, in fact, complete shit and you've wasted a part of your life reading the moronic fantasies of Ayn Rand.

Not surprised that you're a fan, really.
5 Mar 2013, 20:21 PM

Ayn Rand is a shitty writer, a shitty person, and an overall shitty philosopher. Her message, simplistic and juvenile as it is, is repulsive. Her writing style is on par with 50 Shades of Grey except not as entertaining. Next time you feel like reading actual American literature that fucking means something, pick up Faulkner, Hemingway, Heller or literally anything else that is composed of words on a page, because whatever it is, it's better than Ayn Rand. Her books are not "modern classics" and they only sell because they seem to appeal to idiots that hate taxes because 'murica. And not only are her books bad, they're long as well. You have to wade through all of the shit to finally realize near the end that it is, in fact, complete shit and you've wasted a part of your life reading the moronic fantasies of Ayn Rand.

Not surprised that you're a fan, really.

Does it really matter as to what one reads . At least , Ayn Rand is clear in here writing , Not being able to accept her writing does not mean that the writer is bad .Have also ready works by Faulkner and Hemingway , Does this mean that they are also bad because i liked Ayn Rands work .

P.S.Just by shamming authors and naming them here does not take away what they have achieved .

5 Mar 2013, 20:31 PM

Does it really matter as to what one reads . At least , Ayn Rand is clear in here writing , Not being able to accept her writing does not mean that the writer is bad .Have also ready works by Faulkner and Hemingway , Does this mean that they are also bad because i liked Ayn Rands work .

P.S.Just by shamming authors and naming them here does not take away what they have achieved .

Not particularly, but that doesn't mean I can't point out what is bad. Clarity is not quality. Her writing is bad. No, it means you have poor taste in literature.

She hasn't achieved much of anything.

Edit: Or, rather, what I think is bad, I'm not an objective source I suppose.
5 Mar 2013, 20:34 PM

No, it means you have poor taste in literature.

:-\ Think i can live with it 8-|

5 Mar 2013, 21:06 PM

Of course. I seem to have been a bit rude, shockingly. I just really dislike Ayn Rand for a variety of reasons. Read what you enjoy.
5 Mar 2013, 23:11 PM

blablabla

[ ] you understand my post
[ ] you understand your post
[x] you troll
6 Mar 2013, 06:00 AM

How did a thread about news of the COH2 beta turn into a flame war about the ramblings of a hypocritical sociopath writer? O.o
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS