Login

russian armor

One week from release and still no official okw gameplay

PAGES (9)down
19 Jun 2014, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

Inverse difference is coh2 "fanboys" dont hang around vcoh forums and saying how shit their game is like vcoh "fanboys" do.
19 Jun 2014, 18:13 PM

Tbh I only very rarely see any vCoH references here on these boards, much less complaints that "why isn't coh2 like vCoH"

Some people occasionally wax nostalgic or bring up a specific comparison between the two in a (misguided) attempt to illustrate a point they might be making. But its benign, and just an attempt to communicate in a context they are familiar with. Thats it really though.

Dunno what the fuss is about.
19 Jun 2014, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 15:53 PMInverse
You don't look too confident in your product as a developer if you're trying so hard to stifle discussion and downplay software issues (through the NDA and alpha naming respectively) so close to your launch date.

This is true, as Relic has valid reasons not to be confident about the upcomming expansion, given the similarities to the previous (failed) expansion.
19 Jun 2014, 18:18 PM

Tbh I only very rarely see any vCoH references here on these boards, much less complaints that "why isn't coh2 like vCoH"

Some people occasionally wax nostalgic or bring up a specific comparison between the two in a (misguided) attempt to illustrate a point they might be making. But its benign, and just an attempt to communicate in a context they are familiar with. Thats it really though.

You should have been here a few months ago, well maybe more than a few months ago. But yeah there used to be quite a few people that hung around and posted in pretty much every single thread about how bad COH 2 is and about how vCoH was perfect and then crying to Relic because they changed so much in CoH 2.

Anyways, as I said before... I really wish Relic would lift the NDA. In my opinion they should have lifted it at least a week or two ago but, I don't think they will - sadly.
19 Jun 2014, 18:19 PM

Well, most of the VCoH, and I wont say fanbois, just "extremists" is a better term, were all over this board from about the start of the game to around the end of SNF. It's been toned down for the most part thankfully, they've gone into hiding MVGame. But now some are returning thanks to the WFA to add their two cents of "this game sux" in the chatbox or through some threads they feel where they need to remind everyone about their opinion, which I don't mind if they do, because it's their opinion, though pushing the limit on how they can express themselves just makes them look stupid, honestly.
19 Jun 2014, 18:40 PM

I see.

Well, haters gonna hate.

Back to topic, anyone got the lowdown on some pulled WF trailer or something?
Saw something flash past about that in the Shoutbox.
19 Jun 2014, 20:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They uploaded two trailers to youtube and you could see them a few minutes before they made them private.
19 Jun 2014, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 20:03 PMTobis
They uploaded two trailers to youtube and you could see them a few minutes before they made them private.

The Trailers are under NDA too?:)
19 Jun 2014, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 20:26 PMAffe

The Trailers are under NDA too?:)

Can't talk about NDA, its under NDA.
19 Jun 2014, 20:35 PM
Patrion 14

I think Relic actually breached their own NDA by accident and have all sued themselves.
19 Jun 2014, 20:43 PM

Guys you are all really paranoid. Giving a recommendation whether to buy western fronts based on what you've seen is not nda breaking as you don't reveal any content or any balance notes etc.

I greatly enjoyed the Alpha and really like the factions, features the update will offer and the new maps. Therefore I can recommend to anybody who enjoyed the base game in the slightest way to get Western fronts.
19 Jun 2014, 20:51 PM

Guys you are all really paranoid. Giving a recommendation whether to buy western fronts based on what you've seen is not nda breaking as you don't reveal any content or any balance notes etc.

I greatly enjoyed the Alpha and really like the factions, features the update will offer and the new maps. Therefore I can recommend to anybody who enjoyed the base game in the slightest way to get Western fronts.

But my walled is under NDA MVGame
19 Jun 2014, 20:56 PM

The way Relic handles the situation is pathetic. Its just a big f - you - move towards Relics loyal customers.
19 Jun 2014, 21:05 PM

But my walled is under NDA MVGame

Speaking of wallet, the Steam Summer Sale has just begun.

Not allowing people to talk about WFA / hyping the expansion is going to make this release underwhelming. Relic may have just lost a lot of potential buyers who are on the fence about buying the expansion but now have spent their money buying / playing all these other games.

Unless WFA is also going to be part of the Steam sale, in which case #PreOrdersRemorseImminent.
19 Jun 2014, 21:34 PM

I wish there would be more information about OKW out there by now (I am pretty much satisfied with the US game play introduction by Relic) but this is just to squelch my need for instant gratification. I am sure Relic will release more information in the next days and some media outlets will get advanced/exclusive information to publish, too.
But, to me as a customer it does not make a big difference in my decision to buy or not. I have to say, the lack of information made it quite exciting to find out the game mechanics once I buy it - without being influenced by other feedback first. I hope there will be some surprise unit wise (xmas tree effect), something that was not mentioned before or has being discussed to death. I
Also, with this expansion just costing $12 or $20. Personally, I could not care less if I have not all information disclosed before I buy it. From what I have seen, it looks great and the entertainment value will be much better then the 2 beers and 1 burger I could use my money otherwise for...
19 Jun 2014, 21:38 PM

That gif is awesome!
19 Jun 2014, 21:44 PM

​somewhere in the basement of a house owned by a middle aged woman...
a middle aged woman who lives with the disappointment of her son being a total loser...
in this basement is JimRaynor reading this thread and laughing

19 Jun 2014, 21:46 PM

Must be some kind of marketing method?

Let the players know its release date and not tell them mush of anything about it (although give them a few crumbs?). Keep them in the almost dark method?
19 Jun 2014, 21:56 PM

Speaking of wallet, the Steam Summer Sale has just begun.

19 Jun 2014, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 21:46 PMLionRed
Must be some kind of marketing method?

Let the players know its release date and not tell them mush of anything about it (although give them a few crumbs?). Keep them in the almost dark method?

Sure, if you want to minimize your amount of potential buyers to be as few as possible. People buy products that the company shows off. Relic hasnt shown off WFA at all.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS