Login

russian armor

One week from release and still no official okw gameplay

PAGES (9)down
20 Jun 2014, 09:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

there are many posts that probably should be invised here but im a bit to late. so please try to keep it civil thank you for your time and please do enjoy the adventure that is the thread. :)
20 Jun 2014, 14:04 PM

No in game video of the expansion combined with the big Steam Summer sale will make it hard to sell a lot of copies of the expansion on June 25

I would not be surprised to see the expansion go on sale really early
20 Jun 2014, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 15:53 PMInverse

You don't look too confident in your product as a developer if you're trying so hard to stifle discussion and downplay software issues (through the NDA and alpha naming respectively) so close to your launch date.

Put two and two together regarding the lack of information about one specific faction, and information that someone else leaked in this thread and you understand the big picture guys.

How can you release information on something that's not even done and undergoing major, major changes from day to day, at the last minute before release?

Just so disappointing.

20 Jun 2014, 17:05 PM

im glad they don't try to build up the hype and instead spend time and efforts on making the game

sure preorders might be lower but each and everyone of you that play now will buy the expansion

and in 4 days you'll all be flooded with info

if relic doesn't do major advertising and showcasing the game after the 24th, then i agree

(i love this type of game and wished more people played it)
20 Jun 2014, 17:15 PM

After COH2 im kind of having a hard time trusting Relic. Considering how they refused to clarify issues like lobbies im left with the feeling that no news is bad news. Im not preordering, because if they pull a new Tiger ace, I dont want to be the guy throwing money at them.
20 Jun 2014, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 20:30 PMKatitof

Can't talk about NDA, its under NDA.

Haha, best thing I've read so far :D
20 Jun 2014, 18:41 PM

After COH2 im kind of having a hard time trusting Relic. Considering how they refused to clarify issues like lobbies im left with the feeling that no news is bad news. Im not preordering, because if they pull a new Tiger ace, I dont want to be the guy throwing money at them.

GW Bush famously said:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

20 Jun 2014, 18:45 PM

GW Bush famously said:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

lol, a great man!
20 Jun 2014, 18:52 PM
Patrion 14

Put two and two together regarding the lack of information about one specific faction, and information that someone else leaked in this thread and you understand the big picture guys.

How can you release information on something that's not even done and undergoing major, major changes from day to day, at the last minute before release?

Just so disappointing.

Give it a rest? Already planning the next boycott? LOL.
20 Jun 2014, 18:57 PM

Its much easier for an alpha tester to pre-order than someone who wasnt in Alpha - thats not a good sign in marketing when the alpha was closed and small.
20 Jun 2014, 19:32 PM

Ya'll are in for a special treat in terms of game balance.
20 Jun 2014, 19:41 PM

I'm not preordering, because if they pull a new Tiger ace, I dont want to be the guy throwing money at them.

That's one reason I refused the preorder temptation.

The other reason is that the OKW shares some "superficial" traits with the British faction which I loathed.
A lot of alpha testers hinted that the Brits and OKW just share trucks but nothing else.

Fair enough - still waiting for that OKW game play special to prove it.
All this as well as apparent sweeping last minute changes prevent me from spending money for a game I actually care about...
20 Jun 2014, 19:59 PM
Patrion 14

20 Jun 2014, 20:29 PM

This is such hard decision.... Do I feed my family this week or pre-order the add-on? Must have those free skins but the uncertainty of knowing just 80% forces me to spend hours and nights voicing my concern...
20 Jun 2014, 20:40 PM

Eat your family.
Buy hookers.
Burn your PC.
20 Jun 2014, 20:45 PM

Give it a rest? Already planning the next boycott? LOL.

Why would I organize a boycott over a possibly bad expansion? The pre-nerf Tiger Ace was a grievous mistake which Relic admitted and corrected, though it took far longer than it should have.

All I'm saying is that I suspect less work was put into this expansion than it needed, and hurried work, and it will show. And that's disappointing, not boycott worthy. Like many people, I'm waiting to see what things look like on release.

20 Jun 2014, 21:00 PM

Well they say "don't believe the hype!"

In this case there is no hype!
20 Jun 2014, 21:00 PM

Why would I organize a boycott over a possibly bad expansion? The pre-nerf Tiger Ace was a grievous mistake which Relic admitted and corrected, though it took far longer than it should have.

All I'm saying is that I suspect less work was put into this expansion than it needed, and hurried work, and it will show. And that's disappointing, not boycott worthy. Like many people, I'm waiting to see what things look like on release.

This is definitely not the case.
20 Jun 2014, 21:03 PM

Why the hell do you people keep asking if its worth to preorder or not

DUUUH

At the end everyone of you will have it, so might just as well have it now with skins.
20 Jun 2014, 21:04 PM

Balance-wise it will need a lot of work, because these things always do.

Game-mechanics wise and quality of animations/units/etc they've put a LOT of work in.

You should try being more positive. I don't think I've ever read a single positive post from you. =/
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS