Login

russian armor

How long after WFA release before we can talk balance?

16 Jun 2014, 05:10 AM

The balance forum is going to go nuclear when the new factions hit. I will be right here, screaming OP OP OP right along with everyone else.

:D

I can't play because my GPU has problems with the summer heat, so I'll just be sitting on the side-lines laughing my ass off. :clap:
16 Jun 2014, 06:13 AM

Meh fuck the NDA overlords
16 Jun 2014, 06:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

There should be a front page post (satire anyone?) regarding the incoming shit storm in the balance forums.

Something like this, perhaps? :snfCHVGame:
16 Jun 2014, 06:34 AM

The balance forum is going to go nuclear when the new factions hit. I will be right here, screaming OP OP OP right along with everyone else.

:D

I think the most sensible thing to do is to play and see before screaming. You should work your brain, test to find counters and if you're stuck, ask other players. If the counter doesn't exist , is not applicable or efficient enough, no matter how much work you put into it, then yes, you are entitled to scream OP.
16 Jun 2014, 08:53 AM

It doesn't take a month to figure out something is broken...

Most people can see something is off after 2-3 games.

And don't give me that bullshit adapt, etc. As has been proven time and time again, adapting to dealing with broken unit/s is fruitless attempt.
Abusing broken unit/s also evolves

Finer aspects of balancing take time of course, but when something is really difficult to deal with and easy to abuse, it usually stays that way no matter how long you take to adapt.

Of course this excludes fanboys and rage quitters who will scream OP!!! regardless of balance

16 Jun 2014, 23:37 PM

I cant wait. I want the first to be able to say JEEP OP!!!! It will be GLORIOUS!
16 Jun 2014, 23:49 PM

Jeep is doctrinal, so it isnt exactly an m3. I proposed to wait a month because we arent really a trustable community that likes to agree on anything. At least a month, thats far less than any other time a faction was OP for a long period.
16 Jun 2014, 23:53 PM

I'm wondering if germans will get their own maxim in mg-34...
17 Jun 2014, 00:00 AM

A well microed kubelwagen will be annoying, i bet. Conscripts oorah? No problem, reverse and keep suppressing.
17 Jun 2014, 00:03 AM

A well microed kubelwagen will be annoying, i bet. Conscripts oorah? No problem, reverse and keep suppressing.

If it moves breaks suppression..also it only begins to suppress a few seconds after it comes to a halt.So unsupported kubelwagen won't be able to do that i think.Imp thing will be range of the mg and arc.
17 Jun 2014, 00:39 AM

I think the most sensible thing to do is to play and see before screaming. You should work your brain, test to find counters and if you're stuck, ask other players. If the counter doesn't exist , is not applicable or efficient enough, no matter how much work you put into it, then yes, you are entitled to scream OP.

I'm in the Alpha but it's really hard to see a "representitive" meta develop because so many people are choosing to play the new factions rather than the old. And since it's essentially a test-environment the updates come somewhat frequently and it's in a bit of flux. I'm not sure exactly how the cards will fall, but I'm sure it will be substantially unbalanced in some way when we get official launch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★