Login

russian armor

CELO - Company of ELO

PAGES (23)down
Seb
3 Jul 2014, 20:08 PM
Admin Black Badge

What is kinda ruining it tho is that people get to see who they are being matched up with before the game starts and can avoid some players. I saw this guy avoiding Cataclaw like 3-4 times only to get matched up with me instead.. That was annoying. ;j

If that's true I would believe this should be changed ASAP, this is both unfair and probably against the term of use of the game.
Seb
3 Jul 2014, 20:19 PM
Admin Black Badge

Another idea that would be nice for the replay manager would be to know if a replay has been uploaded already or not.

Depending on how far you are interested we could cooperate on this one, we could grab the unique game ID from the replay and provide a simple page to tell if it's already uploaded or not based on that ID (and if so, give the related thread page(s) here).

It won't work for single player games though because I think it doesn't use the same kind of unique ID. I don't think it matters though.
Seb
3 Jul 2014, 20:23 PM
Admin Black Badge

Sorry for spam but this shows my interest. :)

I also noticed the RAM issue. Basically every second that it's "Waiting for a match to be found..." the RAM usage increases.

There might be other situations, but idling as such it went from around 50MB to now 170MB and still counting in the time I wrote those messages.
3 Jul 2014, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 20:07 PMSeb
Hey nice app you got there!

A small suggestion : I would love to be able to see players and click on their name on the replay manager, to go to their stats page.

Hopefully you can add this at some point.

Yes that is good suggestion, i will have it in mind, thanks

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 20:08 PMSeb

If that's true I would believe this should be changed ASAP, this is both unfair and probably against the term of use of the game.

Its not against any terms of use of the game.
A player can only know other players information once the game starts loading, this means if he exits the game, he just had a loss.
There is no benefit on dodging players.
What is wrong is the system that Relic created in the game. if you watch Cataclaw's stream you will notice that he is ranked 3-6 has Oberkommand West (for example) and gets matches against people with rank 4000 from other factions.
People that dodge other players because of the ranking will bring him no benefits other than having more fun, since you wont get dumped by top players.

3 Jul 2014, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 20:23 PMSeb
Sorry for spam but this shows my interest. :)

I also noticed the RAM issue. Basically every second that it's "Waiting for a match to be found..." the RAM usage increases.

There might be other situations, but idling as such it went from around 50MB to now 170MB and still counting in the time I wrote those messages.

I will be rewriting the whole application in another more stable, and fast platform along with removal of some memory leaks that can come up, however will take time.
3 Jul 2014, 23:45 PM

ok, so it didnt help.
Theres another update.
Before you install make sure you remove it completly and restart pc

i did what you asked, but still didnt fixed it

4 Jul 2014, 00:07 AM

i did what you asked, but still didnt fixed it

i'm getting the same message as everyone else.

is there a way to download an older version until the problem is solved?
4 Jul 2014, 00:44 AM

If you really cant open try this Version (0.2.4)
4 Jul 2014, 02:49 AM

If you really cant open try this Version (0.2.4)

getting the same message. :/

followed each step to the letter. i don't know. maybe i'm not meant to have it. :) thanks for trying, though.
4 Jul 2014, 06:33 AM

yea, older version also doesnt work..
4 Jul 2014, 13:54 PM

Don't know what to say.
I even installed a Virtual Machine with Windows 7 and it works great.
4 Jul 2014, 21:42 PM

Please do me a favor
Install the 0.2.6 Version
Run the app, if it gets error go to the Application folder (where you installed) and PM me the celo.log file
This way i can see what is happening with more details
5 Jul 2014, 11:32 AM

Please do me a favor
Install the 0.2.6 Version
Run the app, if it gets error go to the Application folder (where you installed) and PM me the celo.log file
This way i can see what is happening with more details

I dont realy know which one of those files is the celo.log.. i cant see a file with a such a name
5 Jul 2014, 13:17 PM

I dont realy know which one of those files is the celo.log.. i cant see a file with a such a name

if that is the case then the problem is the .NET Framework you have installed.
5 Jul 2014, 13:33 PM

if that is the case then the problem is the .NET Framework you have installed.

i just installed the latest version of framework which is 4.5.2. ( had 4.5 before ). i'm getting the same error after this update and still no log.file found in the folder either
5 Jul 2014, 14:09 PM

i thought maybe it was something to do with my browser because it recognized the file as malicious, but i used firefox and got the same error. so i tried disabling my anti-virus and now it's not even giving me an error. i try to open it and it just idles.
5 Jul 2014, 17:28 PM

Just updated and lowered the Net Framework Requirements to 4.0 see if it helps
5 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 20:19 PMSeb
Another idea that would be nice for the replay manager would be to know if a replay has been uploaded already or not.

Depending on how far you are interested we could cooperate on this one, we could grab the unique game ID from the replay and provide a simple page to tell if it's already uploaded or not based on that ID (and if so, give the related thread page(s) here).

It won't work for single player games though because I think it doesn't use the same kind of unique ID. I don't think it matters though.

That would be great!
If you manage to get a Hash (MD5/MD4??) for each replay that is uploaded here, it would be possible to have that in a page you provide. Or just the GUID
5 Jul 2014, 18:58 PM

Just updated and lowered the Net Framework Requirements to 4.0 see if it helps

the error is gone, but now nothing happens when i open it.. it just idles down like said above
5 Jul 2014, 20:18 PM

the error is gone, but now nothing happens when i open it.. it just idles down like said above

I don't know, i guess you either have to wait for the new overall version i am making or you can try to reinstall windows (which is stupid but yea)
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment