Login

russian armor

CELO - Company of ELO

PAGES (23)down
16 Jun 2014, 05:18 AM

I hope this app gets used by LOTS of players and causes exactly this - breaking the currently broken matchmaking system.

This whole system has been bad since day 1 - and there was absolutely no reason for it.

Sequel's are meant to improve upon - not devolve from.

As much as the player base has complained about this - Relic continued to ignore it.

System works fine, but even best system in the world can do so much when there is not enough players to choose from.
16 Jun 2014, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 05:18 AMKatitof

System works fine, but even best system in the world can do so much when there is not enough players to choose from.

Let me give you a hint.

That means that system is broken and needs to be fixed

That's something like airline saying after planes constantly crashing: Our planes are fine, engines are working perfectly. The only problem is there isn't enough fuel on the planes.

Even the best planes in the world can do only so much, when there isn't enough fuel to fly to destination.

We are sorry for inconvenience, there is nothing we can do. (Except add more fuel, but that wouldn't help because planes are running just fine, they are not broken)
16 Jun 2014, 09:46 AM

Sorry for this but i cant help it. Get your heads out your asses, the matchmaking works fine. The problem Is THE SMALL PLAYERBASE. You say it's broken, how do you explain that It works on me? And trust me, I am not lieing, I don't get money from relic!
16 Jun 2014, 12:13 PM

Sorry for this but i cant help it. Get your heads out your asses, the matchmaking works fine. The problem Is THE SMALL PLAYERBASE. You say it's broken, how do you explain that It works on me? And trust me, I am not lieing, I don't get money from relic!

Its easy to explain:

What matches you are happy to play and what you perceive as acceptable difference in balance is what you like personally, and as you can see there are a lot of people who disagree with you.

Tho, we are not stupid and we perfectly understand that player base is small, etc, etc.

Better question to ask would be what would I like changed, and I'll give you my suggestion as well:

- random faction search

- click button to search longer for better balanced game (I don't mind waiting for 10 min for better game)

- click to not be matched against someone with huge ranking difference ( I will bail anyway)

Few things like that, try implementing few things. See how they work, if good keep them, if not remove them,

Just repeating matchmaking is working fine, and player base isn't sufficient without actually trying to do anything about it is just plain Idiotic, in my books.
16 Jun 2014, 13:33 PM

Was it when the match ended? can give me some details please?

It was after I started to close the COH2 app and exit the game. Then I got an error from .Net and the application looked all wacky and closed.
16 Jun 2014, 13:42 PM
Patrion 14

Never really got why everyone's having so much problems with the ladders. I find that most of the time I'm matched up against players who are quite similar in skill. At least in 1vs1.
16 Jun 2014, 13:53 PM

Im using this program on my stream, its really amazing. Would be so cool if you could implement this with the replay analyzer so you could see APM or something. Maybe even its own APM counter, since the in-game replay APM is broken (Having 4 units selected and give them a move order thats 4 Actions)
16 Jun 2014, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2014, 13:42 PMCptEend
Never really got why everyone's having so much problems with the ladders. I find that most of the time I'm matched up against players who are quite similar in skill. At least in 1vs1.

The usefulness of this app is more appreciated in the 2v2 and greater.

1v1 you get matched with a greater skilled opponent, then rise to that challenge as it just you versus them. The current random partner based system is truly horrible.

As some have said "system is fine as it is - the player base doesn't exist is the problem" - well if the system doesn't fit the player pool obviously it doesn't work.

VCoh had the system working just fine. Its pure stubbornness at this point why that's not part of the game, nothing more.
16 Jun 2014, 14:44 PM

Amazing program. I've been using it for a couple days now and finding it extremely useful. I play mostly team games, so it's really helpful information to see who you're matched up with / who you're up against.

Question: for team games, which ranking does it show? Let's say you're searching a 4v4 with 2 other players (so you'll get 1 random), will it show your 3v3 AT rank for the three players that search together and then the random 4v4 rank for the last guy?

I've seen instances where it shows the same number for several of the players, so I take it that is their collective AT rank being displayed.
16 Jun 2014, 15:09 PM

Amazing program. I've been using it for a couple days now and finding it extremely useful. I play mostly team games, so it's really helpful information to see who you're matched up with / who you're up against.

Question: for team games, which ranking does it show? Let's say you're searching a 4v4 with 2 other players (so you'll get 1 random), will it show your 3v3 AT rank for the three players that search together and then the random 4v4 rank for the last guy?

I've seen instances where it shows the same number for several of the players, so I take it that is their collective AT rank being displayed.

If you search for 4v4 with 2 friends and 1 random i dont think it counts as Arranged team (not sure).
The rank it shows it is always the match type rank (if u play 2v2 random shows 2v2 random rank, if you pay 2v2 with your friend it shows the rank of you and your friend (Arranged team rank) )
16 Jun 2014, 20:39 PM

i love u neff rly <444>3

great job
18 Jun 2014, 19:17 PM

My mate try it. It works quite well.

But we see that match making is broken. Against rank 10 one game (epic lose) and rank 3500 next one (easy win). And we are 750. Don't try to understand...
22 Jun 2014, 06:01 AM

Thanks man. Relic should hire you :D
looking forward for match history viewer.
23 Jun 2014, 17:32 PM

Updated!
Version 0.2 Beta:
• Added CELO Updater
• Added Replay Uploader - You can now upload the replay directly into COH2.org
• Added Overlay (windowed or borderless windowed modes only, must be enabled in settings)
• Added Match History Viewer
• Added a Top Menu for easier navigation
• Added Hide/Show Right Column Option
• Updated some images
• Increased the Font-Size on Players information
• Fixed several bugs
• Reflection protection added.

Enjoy
23 Jun 2014, 17:43 PM

Great program!
24 Jun 2014, 19:29 PM

Updated to
Version 0.2.1 Beta:
• Fixed a bug with the Paths in settings (WFA changes)
• Added the Hot-Key to the Overlay (go to Settings more for info)
24 Jun 2014, 19:53 PM

I noticed the new attempt at old public games from vCoh - still see Relic maintaining the Nanny state approach to hiding poor players stats etc.

Is there anyway you can integrate the CELO to show ranks of players waiting in a Lobby while browsing lobbies or entering the lobby?

I think that would be awesome - saves having to pull player profiles etc.
24 Jun 2014, 20:07 PM
Patrion 310

Wonderful program. Great work :)

Just updated to 0.2.1.

For me, the settings menu has buttons at the bottom that are mostly hidden.

Edit: In the about window as well.
24 Jun 2014, 20:18 PM

Wonderful program. Great work :)

Just updated to 0.2.1.

For me, the settings menu has buttons at the bottom that are mostly hidden.

Edit: In the about window as well.

Can u PM me a screenshot pls?
thanks
24 Jun 2014, 20:23 PM
Patrion 310

Can u PM me a screenshot pls?
thanks

Done
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #