Should the call-ins be changed?
Option Distribution Votes
25%
75%
Total votes: 32
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Jun 2014, 23:19 PM
Donator 11

I personally hate the call-ins as they are right now.

My OPINION and TASTE:

Not only do I feel like they come too early in the game but we shouldn't be able to have 2 or sometimes even 3 of them before the 30mins mark. I'm talking about IS-2s, ISUs and Tigers.

I feel we don't see enough of good old fights between t34s and PIVs and T4 units.

I really feel like those call-in tanks should be more of a support unit to the army you have fought with all game vs. being such an important part of your army.

That's how I feel, just wondering what you guys like, maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like the way it is right now.
11 Jun 2014, 23:25 PM

Perhaps because T4 units are pretty bad.

Investing in German T4 results in failure, and you only make soviet T4 for the su-85. Maybe its the stock units that need fixing, since no one likes using them for a reason?
11 Jun 2014, 23:27 PM

I still like the idea of gating them behind tier 3 (for the 34/85s and the PIV command tank/Puma) and tier 4 (elephant/isu/tiger/IS-2)
11 Jun 2014, 23:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think gateing them to fix the problem is a terrible idea because if you want to go is2 you then have to teir 4 can't go tier 3 if you want the is2 and this then limits the styles of play each doctrine can use there effectively limiting the depth of the game.

crap i voted for the wrong one. i think there are slight problem snd i think moving it back just a bit might be nice but at the same time for the most part its fine.
11 Jun 2014, 23:59 PM

Is your post referring to a specific type of game mode? e.g 4v4?

I would have to they are fine as they are. I play 1v1, 2v2 mostly and sometimes in 2v2 it can get a little hectic but I think the call in tanks are fine.

I like the fact that these big tanks can change the course of a match when used correctly, even if I end up losing. These tanks are designed to be used as support already.

The only part I tend to agree with is the amount of tanks that they can call in. Personally I feel that 1 elephant or ISU is enough for anyone. Apart from that, I think they are fine as is.
12 Jun 2014, 00:09 AM
Donator 11

12 Jun 2014, 00:20 AM

+1 but I think delay is better than more expensive. As it is, if you go for an elephant or Tiger you're gonna be waiting a loooong time after that to get a new PIV.
12 Jun 2014, 00:21 AM

I feel the problem is in teching and not really in the call-ins.
12 Jun 2014, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 00:21 AMkorgoth
I feel the problem is in teching and not really in the call-ins.

If teching was more appealing instead of call-ins as less appealing...
12 Jun 2014, 00:25 AM

-I would give all call in tanks a much higher CP requirement.
Shifting mediums to 10-11 Cp's and the Heavy's to 14-15 Cp's

-Give the call in a massive cool down (I'm talking 10-15 minutes or so)

12 Jun 2014, 01:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

-I would give all call in tanks a much higher CP requirement.
Shifting mediums to 10-11 Cp's and the Heavy's to 14-15 Cp's

-Give the call in a massive cool down (I'm talking 10-15 minutes or so)

Increasing CP's is the thing I would agree with. Call ins should supplement your vehicles not soleley consist out of it in my ideal world :p

But such a long cool down seems unneseccary
12 Jun 2014, 02:02 AM
Donator 11

Call ins should supplement your vehicles not soleley consist out of it in my ideal world :p

exactly my opinion
12 Jun 2014, 02:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Limiting call ins to only one on the field at a time would force players to invest in t3/t4. It gets ridiculous when an entire arm consists of tiger tanks or t34/85s, they should be supplemental to the standard units in the game, not replacements. Once they die another could replace them, and naturally both t34/85s would have to be lost before more of those could be called in.
12 Jun 2014, 04:05 AM

Permanently Banned
Shermans constant call ins and double t85 look like cheat... need fix.

Shermans is worst, really spam.
12 Jun 2014, 04:19 AM

addint a tech building req would be the best fix to the speed and the cost of those callins - this would require some cost fixes too
i could see a light 1 cp increase on the t34/85 group call and like 2 cp increase on the heaviest tanks
adding some time penalty to the callins depending on the ammount of cp needed would be nice too
12 Jun 2014, 04:44 AM

Id prefer the CP increase/ tier 3/4 - BP 3 limit. Now single call in t34/85's, KV-1's, Shermans, and Stug III E's will also be limited? Heavy tanks, people. IncrMediums are killable.

This problem wasnt as strong before... because panzerwerfer and katyusha werent crap and the panther was the best tank on the field. Now BP 4 is absolute junk and tier 4 has only the su-85. Even if its the only dish left and they are starving, no one is going to eat that escargo. Call ins are much better and only a bit more expensive than the stock counterparts. #1: Call ins are overperforming. #2: I cant stress this enough, several stock tanks will never be bought because they are either crap or too expensive. Su-76m, katyusha-panzerwerfer, t-70 is highly situational and has a very small window (and its barely cheaper than its better t34), brummbar for being t4. No one likes teching because stock units are boring, simple, and pretty garbage for their
price.

Since call ins are overperfoming, i shall suggest a solution. Nerfs, Cp increases, and price increases.

Tiger and IS-2: Pushed back 2 more CP's and fuel costs to 300.

ISU-152: I think you can all imagine what will happen to this. Even after all that, price to 320 fuel.

Elefant: Health decrease to former ISU-152 level, if it isnt already (dont worry, ISU-152 suffers that and worse) and possible armor decrease. Also a price increase to 320.

(Both ele and isu pushed back 2 CP)

Stug III E and KV-1: Pretty fine, no complaints about them.

T-34-85: This overperforming piece of equipment. Reduced to single call in; pushed back two cp, health and armor logically reduced to the t34/76, minimum fuel price at 150 fuel and 420 manpower.

Sherman: IF too problematic, then it shall share the same price and CP as the t-34-85.

Oh, hey, people are using stock tanks now again.

12 Jun 2014, 09:55 AM

Increasing CP's is the thing I would agree with. Call ins should supplement your vehicles not soleley consist out of it in my ideal world :p

But such a long cool down seems unneseccary

The problem with ONlY shifting the cps up is that if the player reaches the cps required, he will have enough fuel for multiple call ins (or at least close to) - and it wouldn't solve anything as it would still be viable to hold on until ~ 25 mins then steam roll with call ins (what is happening right now). (Though it would be tougher)

For me a long cool down is a less gimmicky way of implementing a similar solution to the "only one call in available". As it would stop spam and make relying on call in armour very risky even if you make it to the cps...

Right now commanders are mainly judged on the end game tank, changing their effectiveness will open up loads of different commanders viability as well as increase the use of ost T4 (panthers still gobble up t-34-76)

12 Jun 2014, 10:23 AM

Id prefer the CP increase/ tier 3/4 - BP 3 limit. Now single call in t34/85's, KV-1's, Shermans, and Stug III E's will also be limited? Heavy tanks, people. IncrMediums are killable.

This problem wasnt as strong before... because panzerwerfer and katyusha werent crap and the panther was the best tank on the field. Now BP 4 is absolute junk and tier 4 has only the su-85. Even if its the only dish left and they are starving, no one is going to eat that escargo. Call ins are much better and only a bit more expensive than the stock counterparts. #1: Call ins are overperforming. #2: I cant stress this enough, several stock tanks will never be bought because they are either crap or too expensive. Su-76m, katyusha-panzerwerfer, t-70 is highly situational and has a very small window (and its barely cheaper than its better t34), brummbar for being t4. No one likes teching because stock units are boring, simple, and pretty garbage for their
price.

Since call ins are overperfoming, i shall suggest a solution. Nerfs, Cp increases, and price increases.

Tiger and IS-2: Pushed back 2 more CP's and fuel costs to 300.

ISU-152: I think you can all imagine what will happen to this. Even after all that, price to 320 fuel.

Elefant: Health decrease to former ISU-152 level, if it isnt already (dont worry, ISU-152 suffers that and worse) and possible armor decrease. Also a price increase to 320.

(Both ele and isu pushed back 2 CP)

Stug III E and KV-1: Pretty fine, no complaints about them.

T-34-85: This overperforming piece of equipment. Reduced to single call in; pushed back two cp, health and armor logically reduced to the t34/76, minimum fuel price at 150 fuel and 420 manpower.

Sherman: IF too problematic, then it shall share the same price and CP as the t-34-85.

Oh, hey, people are using stock tanks now again.

Oh, so you want call ins to be completely useless don't you? Increasing the cost would make teching EVEN more USELESS, because you would not be able to supplement your tech with call ins.

Also, wow, t-34/85 overperforming? How so, if those nerfs would take place, you would have a tank that loses to A PIV while being 45 fuel more expensive. The t-34/85 armor reduction would make no sense since t-34/85 had better armor t-34/76. ISU-152/ele price increase would make it IMPOSSIBLE to supplement your core army with your ele/isu IMPOSSIBLE.

Honestly, all it needs i think is to be pushed back a few cp. Tiger, IS-2 could do at 13 cp, T-34/85 could do at 10 cp, ISU,ELE - 14 cp. Either that or make call ins require tech.
12 Jun 2014, 10:25 AM

As long as you get the call-in with a good buffer before VPs count down, the CP cost doesn't matter. There isn't really anything in the game that truly punishes camping right now with how inefficient any non-doctrinal artillery is, and even doctrinal artillery is fairly useless.

Call-ins need a far higher resource cost. But if you add the resource cost into the call-in cost then they're never ever worth it when teching, only when skipping tech. So really, they should just require tech. It's the simplest solution. Also I don't agree that specific call-ins should require specific tiers for soviets.
12 Jun 2014, 10:32 AM

Increase manpower, decrease fuel on call-ins, make people choose between either going for a call-in or either multiple tier units.

If they decide to tech to get a call-in, the fuel for call-ins has to be lower or else we will get the opposite what we have now, both call-ins & tier units need to be viable.

By balancing this out the manpower has to increase, increasing the manpower on the call-ins might result that call-ins come out later as you have to spent manpower on reinforcing your units, or save up and possibly loose mapcontrol.

For medium tanks call-ins, increase the CP a little as their manpower/fuel will be lower than the heavies.

Just a suggestion though.
My first post so don't shoot me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight