Login

russian armor

Relic - Please lift the NDA

12 Jun 2014, 15:35 PM

I don't want the NDA lifted.

The wailing will begin early.

There is a lot of truth to this. The balance is a bit special right now.
12 Jun 2014, 16:31 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 19:55 PMDucati
The faction mechanics/design is something that isn't likely to change this late in the development stage.

Well rumor has it I was off the mark with this. An interesting development for sure.
12 Jun 2014, 16:31 PM

I find this whole NDA none sense ridiculous with most games,
let alone with coh2 and relic as it is, NDA has a place with pre-alpha concepts and any story/rpg driven game sure, but arbitrarily applying it to everything from the studio only distances them from the community.
And with it being an expansion that integrates directly with the content we already own it seems only prudent to inform us of as much as they can.

When you're a small company like relic and don't have the resources to do extensive play testing of every change and addition to the game its best to release it and let the community help with feedback.
Makes sense, however to appose NDA and to Take far to long to release patch fixes to glaring balance flaws breaks the whole dynamic of the development.

I can understand the extended schedule for big expansions, but like with every new commander that has been added, any game breaking balance flaw will take far to long to be patched, Some of which could have been avoided with a more open view to the community.

Relic seem to be treating this like a AAA console single player fps in close competition with a similar title.
To get balance to a competitive standard and continue to enrich the game it should be treated like as a perpetual beta, its the only way relic and us the community will get what we want with what we have.
Whatever the reason i think relic really need to take a look of how they are approaching this.
However i doubt this will change at all, its how it is, was and ever shall be.

That being said i love coh2, i figure i will get the expansion at some point so why not get it now, got it a couple of days ago, like i imagine most who are complaining have done :)

Well said. As it stands I know next to nothing about the expansion and thus have next to nothing to be excited about. The closed alpha has pretty much killed CoH for me. With the majority of my friend list playing alpha I've found other games to play. Being constricted to the same team maps and same handful of strategies game after game was getting excruciatingly repetitive anyway.

p.s. War Thunder's tank battles are realistic, a ton of fun and free2play. And to the self righteous pricks suggesting that people are stingy if they aren't eager to endlessly spend money on DLC just to keep an already expensive game enjoyable/competitive, look at War Thunder's business model. The game is unquestionably premium in quality (complete with fancy features like user defined keys), is free to play with DLC that is neither P2W nor the least bit necessary to enjoy the game, and they still keep pumping out more maps and completing more vehicles for no charge.
12 Jun 2014, 18:29 PM

Actually is nosense the NDA we're so close to the release
12 Jun 2014, 19:29 PM

I can only speak for myself:

The lack of information about the WFA is one of the main reasons that hindered me from preordering. The format of Relics 2nd WFA Stream (OKW) was very unprofitable in terms of "getting non-alpha players into preordering the DLC". (If that was Relics aim for the streams in the first place at all.)

I don't want to see the new factions in a meaningless AI Battle (ok for showing new units ofc.) or a 2v2 Clusterfu.k.
What I really want to see is e.g. a show match between well-known players, to see how the new units harmonise together in a "serious" match or which strategically depth is added to the game...

So, I don't know... Maybe it's just not Relics aim to get as many people as possible to preorder the DLCs.

12 Jun 2014, 19:34 PM

Wait, what?

There was a 2nd OKW stream?
12 Jun 2014, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 19:34 PMKatitof
Wait, what?

There was a 2nd OKW stream?

No, sry:
1st WFA Stream (US Forces)
2nd WFA Stream (OKW)
12 Jun 2014, 21:17 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 19:29 PMdpsi
I can only speak for myself:

The lack of information about the WFA is one of the main reasons that hindered me from preordering.

I'm not being facetious, but people as picky as you about putting down twenty benjamins for a RTS XP are relatively unusual and will not even ping the corners of the sales radar.

Sorry.

I agree that the marketing strategy has been meh, and that *elements* of the NDA seem unduly restrictive, but even so...
12 Jun 2014, 21:33 PM

^^^

He could have earned $40 based on the time expended on this thread. :D
12 Jun 2014, 22:03 PM
Benefactor 115

twenty benjamins

Benjamins are 100 dollars. Sorry for going off topic.
12 Jun 2014, 22:10 PM

Benjamins are 100 dollars. Sorry for going off topic.

That must've been one expensive game!
(and guess you're 2nd sentence applies to me as well now)
12 Jun 2014, 22:17 PM

I'm not being facetious, but people as picky as you about putting down twenty benjamins for a RTS XP are relatively unusual and will not even ping the corners of the sales radar.

Sorry.

I agree that the marketing strategy has been meh, and that *elements* of the NDA seem unduly restrictive, but even so...

To be clearer:

I won't buy something that I know almost nothing about.
Doesn't matter if the price is 1 € or 1000 €...

Have done it before with Relic. Learned my lesson.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★