Login

russian armor

T-70 Recon mode

13 Jun 2014, 15:23 PM

The Germans have no NON-doctrinal equivalent AND even though people are saying "Herp, spotting scope" they are different things as spotting scopes ONLY work when the unit is not moving (in other words chasing a T-70 wont impact its LoS like anything with spotting scopes) and the two Commanders that have Spotting Scopes (Jaeger Armour and German Mechanized) dont have any strong Anti-Infantry options like the ISU152, KV8 or the IS2. I also said that it should be TONED down, in other words slightly reduced and not removed as I like the fact that there is now a true soviet recon unit...

The problem is the ISU, not the T70, if you nerf that ability you can pretty much bury that unit six feet under since nobody will ever build it again.

With an Elefant the T70 couldn't scout.
13 Jun 2014, 18:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Vet your 222 and then comeback. Not as huge as without spotting scope but quite remarkable which doesn´t need to toggle any ability. You know you can also use the 15(?) muni ability to track any unit nearby even if they are out of LOS? There you go, your NON DOCTRINAL scout unit. 10 fuel vs 70 fuel recon units.

The transition between toggling the ability could be tone down but that was not the problem during the replay.

15 Jun 2014, 22:58 PM

Hi,

Ok so I was incorrect. The T70 is pretty good at AI and average at AT. I spent a couple games with it and I can say I enjoyed it nearly at much as my M5 quad HT. I will build this unit in the future.
16 Jun 2014, 00:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2014, 22:58 PMNapalm
Hi,

Ok so I was incorrect. The T70 is pretty good at AI and average at AT. I spent a couple games with it and I can say I enjoyed it nearly at much as my M5 quad HT. I will build this unit in the future.

Big respect for acknowledging you were wrong. :wave: You don't see that very often over here these days.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★