Login

russian armor

T-70 Recon mode

11 Jun 2014, 17:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Spotting maphack scope has been around for a while. I think this is a strong contender to most ridiculous nerf thread of this patch.

I´m waiting for THAT guy that will say that tripwire flares are OP because they killed his precious sniper XD
11 Jun 2014, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 16:06 PMNapalm
T70 blows. Poor AI, poor AA. Zzz.

While for 70 fuel I frequently would rather wait and get a t34, you must never have actually built it if you think it has poor anti-infantry capabilities.
11 Jun 2014, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 17:31 PMDanielD
While for 70 fuel I frequently would rather wait and get a t34, you must never have actually built it if you think it has poor anti-infantry capabilities.

He probably never stops driving around with it, while driving it does have poor AI.

But if you stop driving like you're supposed to, it has some of the best AI in the game.
11 Jun 2014, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 16:06 PMNapalm
T70 blows. Poor AI, poor AA. Zzz.

TO THE GULAG WITH YOU SIR!

My T70s get anywhere between 20-40 infantry kills average per game and both give sight to my Zis and protect it.
11 Jun 2014, 19:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It is absolutely ridiculous that this monumentally overpowered...historically broken bs could be in the game so long.

11 Jun 2014, 19:26 PM

In the next episode:

Combat engineers and how batshit overpowered they are.
11 Jun 2014, 19:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 19:26 PMKatitof
In the next episode:

Combat engineers and how batshit overpowered they are.

They build mines and demo charges, hence they are OP.
11 Jun 2014, 19:50 PM

They build mines and demo charges, hence they are OP.

They build wire. Wire OP.
11 Jun 2014, 22:35 PM

Engineers have wire cutters please nerf.....
12 Jun 2014, 02:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I´m waiting for THAT guy that will say that tripwire flares are OP because they killed his precious sniper XD

The usual suspects only play Germans, and this is a passive Soviet ability that doesn't directly cause tanks to explode or squads to die, so they probably haven't noticed it
12 Jun 2014, 03:42 AM
Patrion 14

yeah... see it used correctly once and it's suddenly so OP...

12 Jun 2014, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 17:31 PMDanielD

you must never have actually built it if you think it has poor anti-infantry capabilities.

You are correct, I no longer build it. For 50 fuel I can get something vastly superior in the AI abilities plus can reinforce assaulting units. M5 Quad half track is for the win.
12 Jun 2014, 15:55 PM

TO THE GULAG WITH YOU SIR!

My T70s get anywhere between 20-40 infantry kills average per game and both give sight to my Zis and protect it.

I'm a bear you fool! I sleep in cold weather :). Glad the T70 is working for you. I just find that they are too costly for their performance and happen to be a ram panzerfaust magnet. The scatter adjustment while moving really killed the unit for me.
12 Jun 2014, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 15:55 PMNapalm

I'm a bear you fool! I sleep in cold weather :). Glad the T70 is working for you. I just find that they are too costly for their performance and happen to be a ram panzerfaust magnet. The scatter adjustment while moving really killed the unit for me.

Actually the scatter on the T70 isn't that bad, it feels like an ostwind when I use it :P I use t70s when I use industry this patch and they never disappoint me when I chase low squads down. A T70 while standing still is just :O. :D
12 Jun 2014, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 15:55 PMNapalm

Yes I actually like that. I let them faust it because when I so use it I have conscript repair. They faust lose Muni LOL T70 whipes the insolent fauster and then my scripts casually walk up and repair it :D

Because as noted if they are standing still they are deadly as hell. 9/10 times its a wiped fauster. (9.9/10 at vet 2 I dont think a single Gren squad has survived trying to faust my t70 when its vet 2)

I like the HT but ugh thats less mines.....lots of muni that. And then it takes damage from small arms etc etc.
12 Jun 2014, 16:32 PM

Spotting maphack scope has been around for a while. I think this is a strong contender to most ridiculous nerf thread of this patch.

To be honest, I already thought about mentioning it in Sniperthreads, but then I thought as long as nobody uses it, theres no need to bring attention to it. :/
12 Jun 2014, 16:48 PM

Osttruppen OP, they get accuracy bonuses in cover.
13 Jun 2014, 13:49 PM

Erm... you know why I linked that match, right? It was a pretty close until the T-70 spots every flank that Barton tired to make (its not like Barton is a scrub who fed the T-70). Then the ISU rolls into town sniping everything which was made extra easy by the T-70. Part of the problem is that the T-70 recon mode is NON-doctrinal, if you investing into an Commander that that focuses on heavy fire power they tend to lack mobile scouting units and the T70 makes up for that in spades.

The Germans have no NON-doctrinal equivalent AND even though people are saying "Herp, spotting scope" they are different things as spotting scopes ONLY work when the unit is not moving (in other words chasing a T-70 wont impact its LoS like anything with spotting scopes) and the two Commanders that have Spotting Scopes (Jaeger Armour and German Mechanized) dont have any strong Anti-Infantry options like the ISU152, KV8 or the IS2. I also said that it should be TONED down, in other words slightly reduced and not removed as I like the fact that there is now a true soviet recon unit...

As for "Its been in the games for months", well yeah and I believe that the player base will be creative enough to find a way on how to use it for a distinctive advantage. After all nobody ever moaned about Pios until someone found the perfect mix of spamming them, getting vet 2 armour and call in Storms until around 1.7 CoH1. "A squad armed in a Bren Gun in a Bren Carrier? Don't see the harm in that" they said back in OF. I never really noticed this until it pretty much shut down everything Barton was doing and Twister was smart enough to be patrolling with it so so he could see if Barton was a planning a flank...
13 Jun 2014, 14:06 PM

Erm... you know why I linked that match, right? It was a pretty close until the T-70 spots every flank that Barton tired to make (its not like Barton is a scrub who fed the T-70). Then the ISU rolls into town sniping everything which was made extra easy by the T-70. Part of the problem is that the T-70 recon mode is NON-doctrinal, if you investing into an Commander that that focuses on heavy fire power they tend to lack mobile scouting units and the T70 makes up for that in spades.

The Germans have no NON-doctrinal equivalent AND even though people are saying "Herp, spotting scope" they are different things as spotting scopes ONLY work when the unit is not moving (in other words chasing a T-70 wont impact its LoS like anything with spotting scopes) and the two Commanders that have Spotting Scopes (Jaeger Armour and German Mechanized) dont have any strong Anti-Infantry options like the ISU152, KV8 or the IS2. I also said that it should be TONED down, in other words slightly reduced and not removed as I like the fact that there is now a true soviet recon unit...

As for "Its been in the games for months", well yeah and I believe that the player base will be creative enough to find a way on how to use it for a distinctive advantage. After all nobody ever moaned about Pios until someone found the perfect mix of spamming them, getting vet 2 armour and call in Storms until around 1.7 CoH1. "A squad armed in a Bren Gun in a Bren Carrier? Don't see the harm in that" they said back in OF. I never really noticed this until it pretty much shut down everything Barton was doing and Twister was smart enough to be patrolling with it so so he could see if Barton was a planning a flank...

Dude... for real...

There is a shit ton of stuff germans have that requires doctrines for soviets and its still inferior.

WHY when soviets get nice things its ALWAYS bad design, but when germans get nice things its ALWAYS asymmetrical balance.

You're really being silly with this thread.
13 Jun 2014, 15:16 PM

Camo netting Zis. Doctrinal
Camo netting Pak. Vet 3

/end post.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak