Login

russian armor

Panther overnerfed

PAGES (11)down
14 Jun 2014, 17:04 PM

Am I the only one who even before the nerfs to the Panther (and german T4 in general with the rocketlauncher) never ever build/saw T4 anyways? Or are we talking about teamgames?

1 v 1 rarely has Ost T4.

In 3/4 v 3/4, the T4 AFVs are worth it after the first one is built.
14 Jun 2014, 17:45 PM

In 2vs2 before patch Tier 4 was my main building. Panther at that time could actually did some damage to infantry as a " battle tank " + panzerwerfer to clear out dig in enemy.

Now I have to switch to Spearhead doctrine for Mortar halftrack and depend on P4. But shit problem is that some enemies like to spam guards with Halftrack and then wait until T34/85mm hit the field.

Mostly when see T34/85mm rolling in front of P4, I just back the fuck up whatever troops in front of that thing. T34/85mm like Tiger could do some heavy damage on Infantry.
14 Jun 2014, 17:58 PM

Kyle you realise the Panther has better AI now than it did before? The Panther's AI comes entirely from it's 3 Machine Guns, which the top one was buffed in the recent patch.
14 Jun 2014, 18:17 PM

No, I think the Panther from before do better than now. Even upgrade with the Top MG my Panther still horrible at AI.

14 Jun 2014, 18:28 PM

The Panther's AI and AT is better than before, it's durability, speed, and cost got nerfed.
14 Jun 2014, 18:59 PM

The Panther's AI and AT is better than before, it's durability, speed, and cost got nerfed.

Nobodies gives a damn about the panthers AI because its not their to do AI. alos it cost 50 ammo for a meagre AI upgrade.
In my opinion the nerfs to the panther last patch safe for blitz need to be gone if the panther is ever going to be cost effective.
14 Jun 2014, 19:09 PM

Well, you're up for a huge disappointment then.

Look at 120mm mortar for reference when it comes to reverting huge nerfs on expensive units.
14 Jun 2014, 19:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Am I the only one who even before the nerfs to the Panther (and german T4 in general with the rocketlauncher) never ever build/saw T4 anyways? Or are we talking about teamgames?

2v2 was way more common. One going T3 + Tiger/Elephant (for those 4 long maps) and the other one going T4.
On 1v1 it was more of a gamble or for long games. Viable nevertheless.
14 Jun 2014, 19:59 PM

While I think the panther should receive more armour on the front (put it up to 300), other than that I think it is exactly where it should be in terms of performance.

I think most players are using the earlier version as some kind of benchmark in terms of balance, even without vet 2 the old panther was over the top. It could just blitz through an enemy line sustaining very little damage and then driving off before it could be crippled and dealt with.

The current panther is more than a match for an IS-2, just out-range it with your superior ranged gun and speed, 1 on 1 a panther can take on any Russian vehicle.
14 Jun 2014, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2014, 19:09 PMKatitof
Well, you're up for a huge disappointment then.

Look at 120mm mortar for reference when it comes to reverting huge nerfs on expensive units.

Well if tiger nerf rumors are true and panther remains unchanged then thats the end of ostheer lategame armor then.
14 Jun 2014, 20:11 PM
Patrion 310

Well if tiger nerf rumors are true and panther remains unchanged then thats the end of ostheer lategame armor then.

No people will just have to learn to use the new panther instead of whining that the old op panther doesnt exist anymore.
14 Jun 2014, 20:31 PM

No people will just have to learn to use the new panther instead of whining that the old op panther doesnt exist anymore.
No, Blitz on the Panther was op. The old Panther without Blitz is fine.

Especially with buffed Russian tanks, this abomination we call Panther right now, will never ever reach is previous power.

If the Tiger really receives nerfs and the Panther doesn´t get a buff, I won´t be playing Ostheer any longer and jsut focus on the other three factions. Kinda stupid that the faction notorious for using superior armor, doesn´t get it.
14 Jun 2014, 20:37 PM

Obviously.
For the players that are still stuck in 3 months ago patch, where ost didn't needed combined arms.
14 Jun 2014, 20:40 PM

How will they 'use' it with the current prices?Its inaccesible in serious games.
14 Jun 2014, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2014, 20:37 PMKatitof

Obviously.
For the players that are still stuck in 3 months ago patch, where ost didn't needed combined arms.

Do soviets need combined arms right now?Just swarm t-34/85s or shermans .Can do everything.
Early game just spam m3.
14 Jun 2014, 20:44 PM

No, Blitz on the Panther was op. The old Panther without Blitz is fine.

Especially with buffed Russian tanks, this abomination we call Panther right now, will never ever reach is previous power.

If the Tiger really receives nerfs and the Panther doesn´t get a buff, I won´t be playing Ostheer any longer and jsut focus on the other three factions. Kinda stupid that the faction notorious for using superior armor, doesn´t get it.

Exactly if tiger is nerfed and ostheer lategame armor remains as it is nerfed,i'm leaving ostheer for good as well.I'm not going to hide behind a defensive line all match fighting 85s,shermans.isu and is-2 buffed with pz 4s.
14 Jun 2014, 20:44 PM

Blitz was OP no doubt about that. stat was wise it was fine
14 Jun 2014, 20:45 PM

Do soviets need combined arms right now?Just swarm t-34/85s or shermans .Can do everything.
Early game just spam m3.

And that is the sad truth
14 Jun 2014, 20:56 PM

Early game just spam m3.

Have you noticed how always behind that shermans or T34s are guards, conscripts,AT guns and sometimes mortars/snipers or maxims?
Thats called combined arms.
High time to learn it or you'll quit the game crying after WFA hits.
14 Jun 2014, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2014, 20:56 PMKatitof

Have you noticed how always behind that shermans or T34s are guards, conscripts,AT guns and sometimes mortars/snipers or maxims?
Thats called combined arms.
High time to learn it or you'll quit the game crying after WFA hits.

Right now m3 spam followed by medium call ins are enough to beat germans,the follow up is just that- follow up.

Also for combined arms for german side-paks maybe used very effectively defensively,but are nowhere near effective as armour in offense.U can't push and take territory with paks and pz 4s lategame.

Also u didn't answer how we are to 'use' panther when its so prohibitively costly u can't even get it in the first place?

And no i'm not quitting the game,just ostheer if it remains as shitty lategame.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS