Login

russian armor

The Western Front Armies and CoH2 future

7 Jun 2014, 16:33 PM

What makes Japan similar to Oberkommando. A lot of infantry from the cannon fodder - infantrymen to elite - paratroopers and marines,cheap tanks and very expensive prototypes. But Relic states that Japan can not do.

You're pushing into Maus territory though. Most of their prototypes were not used and were kept in reserve for the mainland invasion. If you want a fictional expansion of the US Invasion of Japan, sure, but otherwise I do not see them working well. Even that would be a stretch. Japan didn't have a bad military, they just put all their focus on their Navy and Air Force, leaving their Ground Forces under-equipped, and Ground Forces are CoH's only real focus with occasional Aircraft Support.
7 Jun 2014, 16:39 PM

I was just stating about their real life capabilities. I don't think that a faction should be based on their prototypes. I was just saying that the idea many people have of them being an inferior army is a myth and their loses were more because of lack of resources then inferior tactics or weapon development.

If a faction was made for them I think that their mass produced but unused tanks should be given to them, but I think the prototypes probably shouldn't for the most part. Maybe a single prototype doctrine with one of the less rediculous weapons, but that's as far as I would take it.
7 Jun 2014, 16:53 PM

I want afrika korps, pacific theater has nothing to do with coh2, maybe in coh3 with islands and ships
7 Jun 2014, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2014, 16:53 PMJawohl
I want afrika korps, pacific theater has nothing to do with coh2, maybe in coh3 with islands and ships
7 Jun 2014, 17:02 PM

I'd like to have a belgian arm.. wait, there is non.
7 Jun 2014, 17:36 PM

I'd like to have a belgian arm.. wait, there is non.

There was a Belgian brigade that came with the AEF, not that you could make a CoH army out of them. :V
7 Jun 2014, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2014, 16:53 PMJawohl

As the developers said they would like to focus CoH2, on the eastern front. A Soviet war against Japan very suitable for CoH.

7 Jun 2014, 17:43 PM

As the developers said they would like to focus CoH2, on the eastern front. A Soviet war against Japan very suitable for CoH.

They said they wanted COH2 to be a COMPLETE WW2 EXPERIENCE. They never said that it would stay in the east forever.
7 Jun 2014, 19:52 PM

Nobody's adding ships and airplanes. Go play Civilization.
7 Jun 2014, 22:13 PM

Nobody's adding ships and airplanes. Go play Civilization.
Who said anything about ships and planes?
7 Jun 2014, 23:03 PM

Who said anything about ships and planes?

Jawohl wanted "islands and ships", and I've seen several people requesting ships and airplanes on the community forums. They're in the wrong game for that, CoH is about detailed micro focus on land forces, not macroing an entire war.
8 Jun 2014, 07:53 AM

Jawohl wanted "islands and ships", and I've seen several people requesting ships and airplanes on the community forums. They're in the wrong game for that, CoH is about detailed micro focus on land forces, not macroing an entire war.
Yeah the COH franchise is about land combat on the company level. All other vehicles are represented by off-map. There will never be controlable battleships and planes, but you don't need those things to have a japanese faction. And anyone who says they do has no imagination for game design. I'm so tired of people thinking they know what will or wont work in a game because they like to watch WW2 documanteries.
8 Jun 2014, 09:33 AM

Seeing as lobbies are being reintroduced and that they plan to support modding I think this may breathe new life into the game and atract that important segment of the vCOH player base that Relic managed to chase off. I think its features like this, and general improvements to the core game that will make or brake the future of this game.
8 Jun 2014, 12:17 PM
Patrion 14

There's been a lively debate on the alpha forum between the automatch 733t and mortals like me. According to them, lobbies will 'kill the game.'
8 Jun 2014, 12:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There's been a lively debate on the alpha forum between the automatch 733t and mortals like me. According to them, lobbies will 'kill the game.'

what lol this is why i havn't been on them. :D also that NDA becareful.
8 Jun 2014, 17:25 PM

lol, just like it killed vCOH right? :P

8 Jun 2014, 17:35 PM

I want USMC. Not enough Devil Dogs in these games.
8 Jun 2014, 17:52 PM
Patrion 14

They'd have to make a Pacific version.

Which I'd personally find a bit dull, having little interest in that theatre of WW2 (invade island / arty Japanese / flamethrower bunker / rinse and repeat).

I'd rather they skipped a war and went Korea, USMC fought there with distinction.
8 Jun 2014, 18:28 PM

A far eastern red army could be the allied equivalent of an OKW- an elite army made up of veterans and superior tanks (IS-3, anyone?)
8 Jun 2014, 19:02 PM

They'd have to make a Pacific version.

Which I'd personally find a bit dull, having little interest in that theatre of WW2 (invade island / arty Japanese / flamethrower bunker / rinse and repeat).

I'd rather they skipped a war and went Korea, USMC fought there with distinction.

I suppose I will have to wait for someone to Mod this in...if ever anyone gets mod tools :D

There are no Marines in my box of digital army men! This sir is unacceptable...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★